WNEP Set Refresh Coming

NEPANews

After nearly 12 years of service, it looks like the folks at the big 1-6 are finally getting a new news set.

Newswatch 16 this weekend is on their “B” set (which is the shell of their set which premiered in 2003!) that they normally use for their Friday night high school sports show. 

Their morning anchor, Jon Meyer, posted on Facebook noting this will be the look for a couple weeks while the upgrades are made. 

Meanwhile, their lighting folks need to work on this temporary set because the lights are much too bright and casting huge shadows on the talent. 

83CB42A1-9CB5-4E73-AD21-75AEDEB393BB.jpeg

Edited by NEPANews
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Well, looks like the gun may have been jumped a smidge.

The set is getting a "refresh" , not a full replacement, with a new duratrans, new colored lighting beneath the desk & some other areas, and the video wall getting replaced.

Morning anchor Mindi Ramsey posted pictures of in-progress shots, and a video on her Facebook. 

It's a very confusing choice instead of a full set refresh, but then again this is NEPA.  And any changes are met with vitriol, pitchforks, and a very busy Talkback 16 line.

Video w/ Lighting Test: https://fb.watch/hwjYovxx_d/

320443064_1213029086237365_4727896634201908128_n.jpg.85422407b4cf803aec64b1a4e1499c42.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/18/2022 at 8:53 AM, NEPANews said:

Meanwhile, their lighting folks need to work on this temporary set because the lights are much too bright and casting huge shadows on the talent.

That was my first thought. I thought that woman looked older than she probably is.

I wonder if they get rid of the music.

Also interesting that they would be investing in a new set before their Korean bankster overlord takes over.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

• NEPANews changed the title to WNEP Set Refresh Coming
16 hours ago, DirtyHarry said:

That was my first thought. I thought that woman looked older than she probably is.

I wonder if they get rid of the music.

Also interesting that they would be investing in a new set before their Korean bankster overlord takes over.

If they get rid of the music, they won't live to see the Standard General takeover

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

On 12/20/2022 at 4:50 AM, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

If they get rid of the music, they won't live to see the Standard General takeover

The next news theme you'll hear on WNEP is the one-time airing of "Nearer My God To Thee", presumably a copy from Ted Turner when the world ends....

Edited by tyrannical bastard
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

And seemingly right on cue, reporter Chelsea Strub posted pictures from the refreshed set where they did a photo shoot.  The news is still at the B studio as of the 5:30p newscast. 

Don’t see much, but it’s something!

UPDATE: Refreshed set debuts this Thursday. 

A4ADC576-61D2-4B5D-A5A6-8CA99EF05DBF.jpeg

6D08617D-BB0B-41C4-8276-C9437ABFC744.jpeg

Edited by NEPANews
  • Like 6

Refreshed set premiered on the Noon news.  As seen in the previous pictures, it’s not a huge difference from the previous look, but it’s certainly brighter and the anchors now get to join every other market in having a stand-up shot for some stories. 

I’m not in a spot to be able to add video, but I’m sure one will be online somewhere at some point. 

112AAC44-B870-4FD7-9A6E-A323E945311B.jpeg

BE8E45F6-4AC1-45BD-BC2E-14D550E945EA.jpeg

A705413C-734E-460A-8ABF-8F6AC8C574FE.jpeg

• Like 3