WCSC - Charleston - New Set Coming

Axiom81

WCSC (Gray-TV) in Charleston, SC is undergoing a set renovation a few months after WCBD (Nexstar) launched their new set. They have moved to a temporary set in the smaller studio (with the earlier back panels seen before their most recent refresh to Monitors behind the anchors. Expected timeline is 2 months. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Axiom81 said:

Debut for new set and GFX package is set for Monday, 2/13

I'm excited to see what the GFX package is, I know Gray is in the works of a completely redesigned GFX package, and as others have reported this is supposedly going to be the first station to debut them. I have confirmation from my local Gray station that the new GFX package is indeed a thing and that it's not only great for Gray standards but across the board.

• Like 1

They have launched at least a "preview" of the new set.  Ill grab more photos from their livestream as I can. As of now,  graphics remain the same (I'm wondering if this is a staggered launch to the 5pm show)

They've been tightly shot so probably not to give it away...here's 2 screenshots. 

WCSC2.jpg

WCSC-1.jpg

WCSC3.jpg

Edited by Axiom81
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Axiom81 said:

They have launched at least a "preview" of the new set.  Ill grab more photos from their livestream as I can. As of now,  graphics remain the same (I'm wondering if this is a staggered launch to the 5pm show)

They've been tightly shot so probably not to give it away...here's 2 screenshots. 

WCSC2.jpg

WCSC-1.jpg

WCSC3.jpg

Many similarities to the WANF set, so far so good! Hopefully we do indeed get new graphics!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ATLNewsExpert said:

Many similarities to the WANF set, so far so good! Hopefully we do indeed get new graphics!

Agreed, I see a good deal of WANF in the set, which is good. 

Timeline of construction video : https://www.live5news.com/video/2023/02/13/video-timeline-new-live-5-news-studio-construction/?fbclid=IwAR3CT1LbRVn2unUeDXyue3_aV9AX1EQYSIsGHHbXSvJtbauWeFunyS5oN_Y

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice modern look, but I don't care for that podium style desk. I would like a stately, standard style desk with the anchors seated rather than standing. I don't like this trend with anchors constantly standing. But don't mind alternating stand ups, but still prefer the traditional desk.

• Like 4