KCRG New Set

Brett Massey

• 4 weeks later...

Really nice thoughtful depth to it and some warmth vs a sea of digital walls. Makes the space appear much larger than a typical set of this size. 

The 2 shot could use a change - the “regular” TV floating there is odd and there’s probably another way to integrate that. 

Overall well done trying something different than the 2013-present trends. 

Edited by sfomspphl
  • Like 2

I personally like it, especially how different of a set design it is for a Gray station.  I really like the interview area, the different monitors, and that the anchors are still sitting.  My only gripe is that the monitor behind the anchors is a little small compared to the massive back wall monitors from the previous two sets.  Other than that it’s great.

• Sad 1

I at first did not like it, simply because it was different, but the more I looked at it, that was the whole point and it was executed great! It's nice to see a good set that releys on texture and depth instead of nothing but screens upon screens again. The only thing I would change is the lone tv screen beside the weather area, either having three monitors stacked or a large vertical screen (something WAGA like) might have looked better.

• Like 5