"Ray" the movie on WPIX

NYNews

I tuned into watch the CW11 News at Ten tonight and "Ray" was on. According to my Directv guide it started at 8pm, but i checked the CW schedule tonight and it was suppose to be Gilmore Girls(8pm) and Beauty and the Geek(9pm). Was the movie put on by WPIX or mandated by the CW, because if it is the CW prime time, it will just have the CW logo displayed, but it has the CW11 logo on it.

In addition the rating box that appears on the upper left hand corner say TV-MA, has a local station and/or the other 4 broadcast networks ever aired a show with that rating?

Maybe they figured since CW was airing re-runs, they would get better ratings showing a feature film? They probably also figured that since so many people are away on vacation this week, it would probably affect less viewers if they interrupted the normal CW schedule this week.

Just speculation.

Archived