David Gregory on Today

PunditWannabe

What are people's thoughts about David Gregory subbing on Today? Personally, I can't stand him, and now when I see him in his "day job" at the White House, I think of him trying to goof around on Today.

I can't stand him either... the way he treats Tony Snow. Poor Tony... can't even answer a simple yes or no question without crying that he is being mistreated. We need reporters who are ready with lips puckered to kiss Snow's and the White House's lilly white asses.

matt.

David Gregory is not at his best when hosting Today. I think his best work is when he is talking to Imus. The exchanges are usually pretty funny. He is a very good journalist but whines too much. I don't think Tony Snow owed him an apology. Journalists should not design questions only for the purpose of making a partisan attack. That goes for both parties.

I don't think Tony Snow owed him an apology. Journalists should not design questions only for the purpose of making a partisan attack. That goes for both parties.

I agree. Gregory wouldn't even let him talk. And like you said, that goes for both parties.

Why should he let him talk? All he's trying to do is get an answer out of the man. He should at least answer the question without pussyfooting around it.

Living in a free democracy, it is the press corps role to question the administration to get to the truth. This administration has made it an art to avoid the hard questions, speak without saying anything, so challenging the President, Tony Snow or anyone else is appropriate. These guys get behind their podium and show arrogance by not answering questions directly. Never has this become an art like it has in the last 5 years. David Gregory did his job, and did it correctly, despite the criticism. At least NBC News is not considered a PR machine for the adminsitration, unlike Fox.

This administration has made it an art to avoid the hard questions, speak without saying anything, so challenging the President, Tony Snow or anyone else is appropriate. These guys get behind their podium and show arrogance by not answering questions directly. Never has this become an art like it has in the last 5 years.

If you watch these press conferences regularly there is equal arrogance to go around. It's not just those at the podium but also the one's asking the questions. I think only because of the technology today where information is instantaneous does it seem like this administration plays games. I am sure plenty of other presidents and their spokespeople played the same games and were hated by the press corps just as much as this one. We just now get to see everything.

Archived