Rebuttal to Statement Issued by "Studio 31 Media Archive"

A recent statement, made on YouTube by Studio31 Media Archive, misrepresents a situation that developed on Sunday November 20th due to a breakdown in communication from myself to the TVNewsTalk staff.

During the evening of Thursday November 17th, I was informed by several concerned community members that the operator of the Studio31 Media Archive account, TVNewsTalk user "sanewsguy", had posted (or "doxxed") the professional LinkedIn of another member of The News Center Discord. This took place on a third-party Discord server, unaffiliated with this site or The News Center.  At that time, I brought it to the attention of both TVNewsTalk staff and the staff of The News Center. Given that this had taken place outside of either platform, no action was taken and the staff of both platforms elected to continue to monitor the situation.

Three days later, on Sunday November 20th, discussion of this matter was renewed by members of our Forum Staff, without my presence. One member of Staff elected to issue a ban to sanewsguy's TVNewsTalk account for Privacy Violations. This was done without my authorization, as I had failed to explicitly communicate that I did not wish for him to be banned. My reasoning to not issue a ban was to monitor the situation and see if additional people were "doxxed". None were. It was later communicated to me that sanewsguy had apologized for posting the link, however the link was not deleted until after the ban was issued.

Upon the issuing of the ban on the Forum, our integration plugin kicked sanewsguy's Discord account from The News Center. This function of the plugin was set up by design, to make sure anyone causing trouble on the forums was also removed from Discord.  This is not made clear on the UI used by Forum Staff. The News Center Discord admin, @ChesapeakeTV, had also elected not to ban sanewsguy at that time, and rightfully objected to the integration kicking him.

When I became aware of this, I immediately reversed the ban and attempted to reach out to sanewsguy over Discord to apologize and to inform him that the falsely-issued ban was removed. My message was responded to by "Clyde", Discord's system message bot, informing me that I was not able to message that Discord account. I had another user in the third-party Discord server relay the message on my behalf. I also sent it as a Direct Message on TVNewsTalk.

The claims made in Studio31 Media Archives' YouTube statement, namely that he was "not given an opportunity to say goodbye", are completely and utterly false. There are currently no restrictions to his TVNewsTalk account, nor to his Discord account on The News Center. These claims are misleading to the community, and mischaracterize his own decision not to return to TVNewsTalk/The News Center into one where he was not given a choice, which is thoroughly incorrect.

I accept 100% of the blame for the fact the ban was issued. I had failed to explicitly communicate my intentions not to ban him to our Staff. I cannot, however, stand idly by as my reputation, the reputation of this site, and the reputation of other community leaders gets dragged through the mud, by a manufactured narrative that attempts to further drive a wedge into our community, and conveniently omits the reprehensible action that led to this situation.

-Weeters

• Thanks 10

i feel bad for situations like these. drama can hit anybody at any second and the fallout is immense and hard to deal with.

i feel for sanewsguy but feel like he could of done more to show his remorse and I feel like the staff could of involved everyone in this discussion.

if they did, none of this drama would be happening right now.

The thing is, this isn’t and wasn’t drama. It was a simple communication failure, and things like that can be fixed. Jim is more than willing to come back on here and on TNC to provide a goodbye message. That he opted to do what he did with his message on YouTube yesterday is actually fairly hurtful and, like Weeters said, hides the real reason of why he was under scrutiny in the first place.

Having people comment about “power tripping mods” and “toxicity” in comments to Jim’s post, along with relitigating problems in TVNT from 2007, is insulting to me. I am a former TNC mod and left of my own volition because of significant burnout (I also temporarily left the server but will return when I am ready). I wasn’t really meant to be a mod and some of the choices we had to make, or struggled to make, during my 14 months as one weighed on me a lot. The mods here and in TNC deserve to be left alone in this dispute.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Since my prior post, repeated rebuttals by me (under my real life name) to claims made on Jim's post, and false and misleading claims made by commenters were deleted and removed by him. He has also claimed that Weeters and I (coyly using "Myron Falwell" to refer to me, like he wanted to be ominous or something) "feel the need to keep this going to provide drama in their quiet lives".

Unfortunately Jim's status as a deeply unreliable narrator in all aspects of the situation here does not help his cause in any way. Not a single person here wants to "provide drama", and the fact he willfully chose to burn all bridges and slam the door in any/all attempts for an apology, is itself very disappointing and sad.

Edited by Myron Falwell
  • Like 6

Sorry if I’m confusing the actions here but is “doxxing” another user not sufficient reason for a ban here? A number of other sites consider that move to be a form of targeted harassment and I’d have to agree.

Understanding that the incident took place on another site but I’m failing to see where you all on the TVNT staff did anything wrong here. Nonetheless I enjoy this site, have for several years now and I appreciate the efforts you all make to make this forum so valuable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

14 hours ago, MorningNews said:

Sorry if I’m confusing the actions here but is “doxxing” another user not sufficient reason for a ban here? A number of other sites consider that move to be a form of targeted harassment and I’d have to agree.

Understanding that the incident took place on another site but I’m failing to see where you all on the TVNT staff did anything wrong here. Nonetheless I enjoy this site, have for several years now and I appreciate the efforts you all make to make this forum so valuable.

Full disclosure: I was the one who alerted Weeters and the TNC mod team to the original problem. My opinion on this was pretty much the same as yours, and I did make that known to Weeters and the TNC mods. The general consensus made was to give Jim a chance to defend himself, remove the post from that third-party server, and apologize. Even with my opinion, I was notified of their plans and supported it, feeling it was fair and equitable, as no other evidence of such behavior existed. Weeters was to have been presented this plan as soon as he was available later that afternoon. As a former TNC mod, I can 100% tell you that decisions like these are consensus-driven, even some of the most challenging and difficult ones. The notions made by some on other places of “power hungry mods” could not be any further from the truth.

The ban taken here, as Weeters noted in the OP, was a communication breakdown he fully owns up to and created a domino effect which worked by design, but also was completely unintentional. Thus explaining the subsequent reversal. Things like that can absolutely be fixed and I have confidence it can happen.

Edited by Myron Falwell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...

Yet again, Studio 31 Media Archive is issuing misleading statements regarding (and, apparently, on behalf of) the "Broadcast Plaza" Discord server, directed at both TVNewsTalk and our partner Discord server, The News Center. As before, these statements misrepresent the reality of several different subjects. For reference, these statements have been saved below.

Rebuttal #1: Regarding joining The News Center Discord:

Studio 31 misrepresents our policies regarding joining The News Center by claiming The News Center has "disabled invites".  Since we entered into our partnership with The News Center, we have loosely managed public access to the Discord via these Forums. Similarly, we have long managed access to the Forums via Moderator review of new Members.  While this restricted immediate access for the general public, there have been alternative ways to join for some time. For at least the past year, TNC has maintained a Discord.gg short URL that allowed access to the server, available for anybody to use, if they knew where to find it.

The Discord.gg short link turned off automatically in the past few days, after the server dropped a "boost" level, but appears to have been used as recently as this past Thursday. This is not something the Discord administration have direct control of. TNC previously allowed any user of the Discord to create their own invite links. This was disabled after numerous bad actors (several of whom were previously or later banned from what is now Broadcast Plaza) utilized this feature to either invite other problematic users into the Discord, or evade bans with sockpuppet accounts. Despite all of this, access remained available to anybody with an active and reviewed Forum account, which is the same process Studio 31 would have used to join the Discord.

TVNewsTalk believes this claim to be misrepresentative of the situation, and made in bad faith.

Rebuttal #2: TVNewsTalk and The News Center "literally censors any mention of [Broadcast Plaza]":

Studio 31 misrepresents community policies regarding advertising. TVNewsTalk has maintained (since at least 2015) the following rule regarding advertising:

Any form of commercial advertising or solicitation is forbidden anywhere on TVNewsTalk

Studio 31 has attempted to evade this rule several times, by integrating advertisements for Broadcast Plaza within YouTube Thumbnails. We believe this is to take advantage of the large thumbnail embeds present on both this site and Discord. Studio 31 has claimed this is "marketing", however, this form of "marketing" appears to be unique to Broadcast Plaza, as not even YouTube creators with large followings and merchandising place "marketing" materials like this within their thumbnails. In fact, most popular YouTube creators seem to use very large, very short bits of text within their thumbnails, due to how small these thumbnails can be across devices. In addition, YouTube provides a number of tools for channels such as Studio 31 to market their own websites and communities within the platform.

When this "marketing" tactic was first used during the Summer of 2023, TVNewsTalk and The News Center decided that the best course of action, should this continue, was to continue to allow the links, while deleting the thumbnail/embed. We also made it known to Studio 31/Broadcast Plaza that we were upset that they chose this route to "market" their community. For some time, the thumbnail-embedded ads stopped, but were reintroduced this past Saturday with the launch of WABC's new graphics, which we believe was a targeted attempt at, once again, getting the ads onto our respective community platforms. In response, the embeds were removed, however, the link to the videos remain for anyone to click.

This claim misrepresents and exaggerates the advertising policy enforcement actions being taken by TVNewsTalk and The News Center.

Rebuttal #3: Regarding alleged "competition":

(A TVNewsTalk.net Editorial presented by Operations Director Weeters)

Several times, Studio 31 makes references to "competition" within our communities. Let me be perfectly frank: neither TVNewsTalk, nor The News Center, is in competition with anybody. This is a niche interest. It is a diverse community of individuals who are interested in the various aspects of TV news and broadcasting. "Competing" with Broadcast Plaza would simply be competing with ourselves, and that only serves to cause division within the larger community.

Studio 31 claims that TVNewsTalk and The News Center are the only people calling this a "war". This is incorrect. The only one who thinks this perceived "competition" (another term we haven't used previously) is being seen by the other side as a "war" , is Studio 31 and Broadcast Plaza. Despite their accomplishment at becoming "Discord’s Largest Media Community", Studio 31 and Broadcast Plaza indicate that is not enough for them. That they must continue to grow their own section of the community through deceit, gaslighting, and personal attacks against members of our staff and member base. This is not how you build community. This "us vs. them" mentality is how you drive a wedge into an existing community for your own personal gain.

Why do they feel the need to "grow"? I can't come up with a good reason. There is no prize awarded for being "the largest media community" other than bragging rights, which they have already attained. These videos cannot be monetized. The content being shared is not the property of the people uploading it. I have zero interest in fighting these stupid battles. This alleged "competition" is not worth my time. I will continue to enforce our existing policies regarding advertisements. If Broadcast Plaza and their "partners" feel the need to "market" their own slice of the community to the rest of the community in an attempt to "grow", their advertisements will be dealt with accordingly, as I would any other type of advertisement placed on this board. I have zero intention of "competing" with Studio 31 and Broadcast Plaza, but I will not stand by as they attack the community, our Members, and our Staff.

Merriam-Webster defines "competition" as "the effort of two or more parties acting independently to secure the business of a third party by offering the most favorable terms" and "a contest between rivals", I am not putting in effort to secure anybody's allegiance. I do not see Studio 31 or Broadcast Plaza as a "rival". It's about time they start acting that way, too.

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

To make this even more noxious, Jim Stanton chose to personally attack me as a "meddling raccoon" even though I have not been a moderator at TNC since November 1, 2022, nor do I hold any sway over Weeters, Emma or the rest of the mod team in TNC. Jim Stanton also blocked me from making any comments on his YouTube page, making this pure cyberbullying and mockery.image.thumb.jpeg.9dc5a44bcc5df94a945b3cf1a945c8bb.jpeg

Jim Stanton, if you keep this up, you're going to learn the hard way that "fair use" isn't the alternate reality you crafted for yourself.

Hi y'all.  Long time no post, but I want to make my own statement.

I'm not in the TV archive upload thing anymore.  But I have pivoted - to content creation.  For those who don't know, I am working on Fox Kids Club, a show by show history of Fox Kids.  I just hit the third episode a few weeks ago.

Fox Kids Club is, in structure and format, heavily inspired by Pop Arena's Nick Knacks show by show history of Nickelodeon.  On a certain level that makes us competitors, and by Jim's logic, I should be treating him as an enemy.

Thing is, I don't.  I credit Nick Knacks in every single one of the Fox Kids Club video descriptions.  We follow each other on social media - he's promoted my videos, and I've promoted his.  I'm even a pretty active member of his Discord community - not there to spam links to my videos, but to give my perspective and insight, and in turn gain the members' perspective and insight.  I'm still early days here, but I truly believe the best way to grow my "brand" is to be a kind, thoughtful, and insightful presence.

If I did all the things Jim feels is necessary to grow his brand - aggressively promoting my discord to the point of absurdity using large banners on the thumbnails (something I will back Weeters up on - Jim is the only person I've seen who's done this), mocking the members of the server who rightly call this approach out as bullshit, making outrageous claims that Nick Knacks wanted to "destroy" me... maybe I would have a larger community and more views, but I'd also be creating unnecessary "us vs them" divisions that frankly don't need to be there.  Tribalism serves nobody.  I've been in communities like that, and they are not pleasant to be in (the pro wrestling community is MISERABLE these days).  And I see only one side of this situation taking that approach - and it's not TVNT or TNC.

One last thing - what Jim is doing is harassment and bullying.  It is an undue attack on Myron, Emma, and Weeters, who are bearing so much grief for no reason at all.  Emma ESPECIALLY, as this is really an attack on her for running the server the way she admirably has for so many years.  This conduct needs to be treated - and reported - as such.

• Thanks 4

I will just say this.

It's a creator's unquestioned right—and even best practice—to promote themselves, their community, their shop, etc. in their video descriptions. But nobody crams that into a thumbnail. ...Almost nobody. And the fact that it's happened again despite an ask to not do it points to the sole source of this whole row.

Most of the users in these two servers don't want this. There are a fair number of them in both servers. And there's no reason they can't coexist because they offer something different—just like, say, NBC and CBS. But CBS doesn't constantly attack NBC hosts and executives. CBS doesn't put out news videos that say "Watch CBS Tonight" or "Subscribe to Paramount+" in them. If CBS did this, they would be deservedly mocked for it.

• Thanks 5

5 hours ago, Weeters said:

Rebuttal #2: TVNewsTalk and The News Center "literally censors any mention of [Broadcast Plaza]":

Studio 31 misrepresents community policies regarding advertising. TVNewsTalk has maintained (since at least 2015) the following rule regarding advertising:

Studio 31 has attempted to evade this rule several times, by integrating advertisements for Broadcast Plaza within YouTube Thumbnails. We believe this is to take advantage of the large thumbnail embeds present on both this site and Discord. Studio 31 has claimed this is "marketing", however, this form of "marketing" appears to be unique to Broadcast Plaza, as not even YouTube creators with large followings and merchandising place "marketing" materials like this within their thumbnails. In fact, most popular YouTube creators seem to use very large, very short bits of text within their thumbnails, due to how small these thumbnails can be across devices. In addition, YouTube provides a number of tools for channels such as Studio 31 to market their own websites and communities within the platform.

When this "marketing" tactic was first used during the Summer of 2023, TVNewsTalk and The News Center decided that the best course of action, should this continue, was to continue to allow the links, while deleting the thumbnail/embed. We also made it known to Studio 31/Broadcast Plaza that we were upset that they chose this route to "market" their community. For some time, the thumbnail-embedded ads stopped, but were reintroduced this past Saturday with the launch of WABC's new graphics, which we believe was a targeted attempt at, once again, getting the ads onto our respective community platforms. In response, the embeds were removed, however, the link to the videos remain for anyone to click.

This claim misrepresents and exaggerates the advertising policy enforcement actions being taken by TVNewsTalk and The News Center.

Was this the reason I couldn't access TVNT this morning, 'cause the video embed from the Studio 31 channel referenced was included in a post I made on the ABC O&O graphics thread about WABC's switchover to the new group package.

I thought it was a weather-related server outage until I saw some users posted to other threads during the time I was IP blocked after I was able to access TVNT again.

Edited by T.L. Hughes

1 hour ago, Samantha said:

I will just say this.

It's a creator's unquestioned right—and even best practice—to promote themselves, their community, their shop, etc. in their video descriptions. But nobody crams that into a thumbnail. ...Almost nobody. And the fact that it's happened again despite an ask to not do it points to the sole source of this whole row.

The only quibble I have is that Jim is not creating unique content. He's clipping from livestreams of television stations' copyrighted material, adding watermarks and chintzy "Studio 31 Exclusive" markings and passing it off as his own in acts of sheer pettiness because he doesn't like it when Stephen Walsh snipes from his uploads. He's basically engaging in intellectual property theft in a manipulation of actual "fair use" guidelines and he's getting Emarsee and this "Broadcast News & Sports Time Capsule" channel to go along in such theft. If any of the broadcast chains actually knew about this, their channels would be DMCA'ed into oblivion. And they SHOULD have that happen.

The TV news/music fandom needs a good ol' fashioned reckoning.

Edited by Rusty Muck
  • Thanks 1

And of course Jim is now claiming on YouTube that he doesn't really own the server he created, set up and shills for, and only claims he's a "media partner." Jim, you're so full of BS your eyes are brown. You have had a history of manipulation, gaslighting and lies, why should I believe a single word you or your sycophants say?

3 hours ago, T.L. Hughes said:

Was this the reason I couldn't access TVNT this morning, 'cause the video embed from the Studio 31 channel referenced was included in a post I made on the ABC O&O graphics thread about WABC's switchover to the new group package.

I thought it was a weather-related server outage until I saw some users posted to other threads during the time I was IP blocked after I was able to access TVNT again.

We've been having unrelated service issues with the site for much of the day. They're upstream from our server, so they're out of our control. 

Addendum #1: Involving Studio 31's involvement with Broadcast Plaza:

A few people have informed us that Studio 31 is no longer the "owner" of Broadcast Plaza, and merely a "partner". This is, and has been, known. It appears some attempt is being made at distancing Studio 31's actions from the Broadcast Plaza server itself. This, however, fails to explain why (if Studio 31 was acting solo on this matter) another video uploaded by a Broadcast Plaza "partner" also featured the same in-thumbnail ad, and why that video, as well as a third, featured a large "FIRST on Broadcast Plaza" watermark through the duration of the video. This appears to show that Studio 31's "marketing" techniques are being adopted by the other server "partners".

If this truly does not reflect the position of Broadcast Plaza, then perhaps the current management of that server needs better oversight and control over the actions of their "partners", who inherently represent the server while acting as one. Standing by as your "partners" "market" your community by demeaning other community members is tacit support of their methods.

Commentary:

4 hours ago, Rusty Muck said:

The only quibble I have is that Jim is not creating unique content. He's clipping from livestreams of television stations' copyrighted material, adding watermarks and chintzy "Studio 31 Exclusive" markings and passing it off as his own in acts of sheer pettiness because he doesn't like it when Stephen Walsh snipes from his uploads.

I remember when this was a fun, nerdy hobby. You'd have to wait weeks, months, maybe even years for someone to get a good high-quality copy of some new news open. A station just debut HD news? You'd get a quick "HD" (probably a SD feed cropped to 16:9) upload and some HD screenshots if you were lucky. Things took time. We waited. We were excited with whatever we got.

Streaming has upended that. Now everyone has access to every TV station at a click of a mouse. What was once a fun hobby has become gamified. It's a popularity contest. Who can get the open up FIRST? Within 30 minutes of the WABC graphics debuting, there were at least 5 uploads of the same exact open. Several of these came "branded" by their respective channel, as if this is some kind of contest to be the Mr. Beast of News Opens.

Watermarking your content is one thing, but slathering it with "marketing" is absurd. It's not your content. You get nothing for being "first". It's a pointless exercise. Even watermarks can be defeated. I once (probably 10 years ago) upload a HD "This is CNN" ident to the old TVNewsTalk YouTube page. It had a small watermark in the corner. Months later, a bit on Letterman used the same ident with a strange blur where the TVNT watermark was. I was defeated in the best possible way. I thought it was neat that some video file I uploaded ended up broadcast on Letterman. There was no point in getting mad they took off the TVNT bug. It wasn't my content to begin with, and there was nothing I could do about it. 

The community growing through YouTube has unfortunately caused several aspects of "YouTube Culture" to spill in. Create content at all costs. Have a big flashy brand for your channel. You can't just be bob9753 uploading news opens, you need to be The Glendive TV Open Archive with a flashy logo and thumbnails exclaiming you were the FIRST to upload something you recorded off a stream, even though 4 other people were recording the same stream and also uploaded claiming to be "FIRST!".

It's been very sad to watch what was once a fun hobby turn into a popularity contest over something as trivial as news opens that don't belong to any of us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, Weeters said:

Addendum #1: Involving Studio 31's involvement with Broadcast Plaza:

A few people have informed us that Studio 31 is no longer the "owner" of Broadcast Plaza, and merely a "partner". This is, and has been, known. It appears some attempt is being made at distancing Studio 31's actions from the Broadcast Plaza server itself. This, however, fails to explain why (if Studio 31 was acting solo on this matter) another video uploaded by a Broadcast Plaza "partner" also featured the same in-thumbnail ad, and why that video, as well as a third, featured a large "FIRST on Broadcast Plaza" watermark through the duration of the video. This appears to show that Studio 31's "marketing" techniques are being adopted by the other server "partners".

If this truly does not reflect the position of Broadcast Plaza, then perhaps the current management of that server needs better oversight and control over the actions of their "partners", who inherently represent the server while acting as one. Standing by as your "partners" "market" your community by demeaning other community members is tacit support of their methods.

What is there to "partner with", anyway? They are not content creators but content appropriators... or content regurgitators. At least Mr. Beast actually creates stuff.

To that end, I have also heard those claims, and they fully ring hollow. If you want me to not think of that place as Jim's kiddie server, they have to fully and publicly repudiate his behavior. Otherwise it remains as what it really is: Jim's kiddie server.

Bullshit like this is not a "get out of jail" card.IMG_0108.thumb.png.64c28c4102c81f40c47d33798cd7b23f.png

Edited by Rusty Muck

I will never join either Discord (just...I don't have that bandwidth), but it does feel like a series of channels trying to gatekeep this type of content through a bulk of accounts and pushing others down, and I don't like that because this should be an effort from so many across the country, not just a group of people with YouTubeTV accounts, VPNs and such trying to monopolize this content just by farming it out and changing their IP over local people who record the video, transfer it to their computer, edit, and post. It's getting to the point where graphics/personnel changes are the same as some product with an embargo lifted and all the paid YouTube reviews roll in within two hours and you don't want to hear about it ever again; I'm not going to watch seven videos of the same clip with the only difference being a slight change in thumbnail and maybe a video quirk here and there. Recording it off OTA is half the fun to me, though, and I'll prefer that over a stream any day of the week.

It should be a hobby and stay at that level, and there's nothing to commercialize. And I found their attack of the news director's copyright claim months back to be personal and petty; it's a clip of a newscast, and attacking station personnel for 'not doing a good job of archiving'...that's not on you to decide. I've had to block YT feeds of literal kids who archive current-day cable commercial blocks (think '12/15 Acme Night Cartoon Network Commercials 8K RIH Adult Swim'); not every single thing televised needs to be archived!!! Some things are 'lost media' because they deserve and should remain so. And if I wanted to join a Discord, I'll do it on my own; I don't want to be pressured to join one, or have it pushed at me. It's growing exhausting to have hobby video push advertising at me, when I'm here to relax and have fun, not buy your t-shirt.

It's just frustrating. I've had a couple things I created appear in other media; sometimes they give credit, sometimes they don't, and I don't get mad about it. At the end of the day, I have limited time here, and whatever I took a picture of or catalogued, it'll be seen by someone else, and I just want them to enjoy it. If you just decide to get vindictive because of a clip you made of something on over-the-air television being 'stolen', you should ask why you even let yourself get annoyed about that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I did want to address one thing that I truly disagree on with others here, and vehemently so: I don't believe that TNC and Jim's server can coexist in any way. As long as Jim maintains influence and control over his spite-created server (again, I don't buy the claims that other people actually own it when it continues to act as an appendage of Jim's overinflated ego) then it will remain a binary choice. Us, or them.

I refuse to do any business with the people who are claiming to run Jim's server, and have made that known privately as well. Until Jim actually leaves the scene, coexistence is impossible.

I’m posting this both here and on the BP Discord forum.

I feel like I should say this because I’m sure there are a number of people here who really don’t want any part of a battle of egos, regardless of who is perpetuating it. I have zero stake in this, and I want zero part of a TVNT/Broadcast Plaza turf war. I’m privileged to be a member of both, I find value in both, and I appreciate going back and forth with members of both about the news and whatever comes to mind, really. I feel that as long as we don’t violate the terms and conditions of either forum, that we should be able to belong to both, regardless of whatever personal conflicts are arising between the two. I do not want to be pressured into picking sides on either this website or the Discord forum. I sincerely hope any issues between you two are resolved.

Edited by nycnewsjunkie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Going to be honest here, I hate to see this type of dirty laundry being aired to the public like this. I will maintain hope that all parties involved can at some point reach an agreement and put this mess to bed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Studio 31 has made a rebuttal to the rebuttal

Studio 31 alleges that I claimed "that The News Center hasn't disabled invites" despite my post reading "TNC previously allowed any user of the Discord to create their own invite links. This was disabled..." and further explanation about the process we have to join The News Center in the absent of user-generated invites and the current lack of a discord.gg link. I don't know what is so hard to understand about this. I specifically outlined the join process and he completely brushes over it because it's not "open invite".

Studio 31 responds to my claims that I am not competing with anybody with a long paragraph full of a bunch of ego-stroking numbers and stats about Broadcast Plaza. I feel like, perhaps, my message was lost, so I'll reiterate: I do not care what stats Broadcast Plaza has. I do not care what stats The News Center has. I am not playing this "competition" game. He then creates a quote that I called this a "TV graphics fandom" out of thin air, I never said this is a "TV graphics fandom". Reading this section of his response kind of made my eyes glaze over and made me realize further engagement is pointless. I do not have time to argue with someone who has an ego the size of the moon and resorts to gaslighting to try and prove a point.

The rest of the post is his personal beefs with Rusty, Emma, and Jess, which I cannot respond to.

Best wishes to Studio 31 and Broadcast Plaza moving forward,

Weeters

Like I said earlier, coexistence cannot exist between TNC and Jim Stanton's failed little kiddie server. Who the fuck cares about how many people are in his kiddie server if they are all minors or engaging in a lack of media literacy? Jim is a shallow little man with a terrible day job who takes delight in making fun of myself, Emma and Weeters, and doesn't have the guts to be confronted directly.

For the kids who are claiming to "own" and "run" Jim's server... don't even bother to continue this silly little charade. You all own culpability in this spat by covering for Jim and his actions and the conduct by him and his server.

Jim Stanton, you better fucking knock off  this bullshit and your persistent cyberbullying and pathetic denials, or I will 100% pursue legal action against you.

I want everyone to know this right now. This is a public forum. People can Google search and see the back and forth debacle that's going on.

When they see it, people are gonna have doubts and turn offs from joining a group like this because they're gonna wonder, is this gonna be the environment I'm gonna face on a daily-basis? 

We don't need this drama. We don't need this unnecessary stress. Please.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Horizon said:

I want everyone to know this right now. This is a public forum. People can Google search and see the back and forth debacle that's going on.

When they see it, people are gonna have doubts and turn offs from joining a group like this because they're gonna wonder, is this gonna be the environment I'm gonna face on a daily-basis? 

We don't need this drama. We don't need this unnecessary stress. Please.

With all due respect, this is wholly borne out of Jim Stanton being continually upset that Kent Brockman was banned from TNC for both leaking confidential information and proprietary files a whopping two years ago. Jim has repeatedly engaged in gaslighting against me, Emma and Weeters, and especially since his inflammatory post on YouTube promoting his kiddie server that attacked me directly,

I have every right to defend myself.

6 minutes ago, Rusty Muck said:

I have every right to defend myself.

Since 2001, I have always been proud to associate with TVNT, from high school to the present. Unfortunately, I agree with @Horizon. As agreeable to disagree, this isn't the way. We are all mature enough to move forward. As members and content creators, we are better than this. @Rusty Muck, You may have the right to defend yourself, but in the end, everyone loses. Is that the risk you're willing to take?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.