KUSI anchor changes

sfomspphl

SD folks...I know it's a revolving door there...we like watching because we find the anchors / reporters more personable than the other stations, and they cover more community events / local races. Yes I know there's a sometimes over the top slant to things, we filter through it. Had frankly stopped being local news watchers before moving here and coming across the KUSI 'product' - unvarnished as it is. 

Over the summer Ginger got moved from doing the 4-6 and 10-11 with the always professional Logan, to just the 10-11 plus reporting. Then left the station last month to head to AZ -  we were disappointed with both, she has a great voice, great at pointed live interviews. Any idea what she's up to in AZ? 

Jenny M. came over from KFMB last winter and then filled Ginger's 4-6 role starting in June. 

Now with Ginger's departure Hunter S. has been handling most of the evening weekday newscasts, and Jenny as of this week appears in the field reporting. Jenny's Linkedin says 'open to work' so wondering if she got told her contract isn't being renewed?

Our favorite pair has been Matt Prichard and Hunter Sowards on the weekends so while we're happy for Hunter if she's getting a 'promotion' we hate to see that pair broken up. 

Edited by sfomspphl

Yeah, KUSI is a station I wouldn't touch with a 10ft pole. They are very unprofessional in my opinion. Not to mention how they treat their staff. The mass exodus of 2018-19 was clear evidence of that resulting in 2 lawsuits that are in litigation right now.

KUSI is adding Rafer Weigel to its news team. It's actually a return to SD for Weigel, who worked at KUSI earlier in his career.

Rafer, son of the late Chicago sportscaster Tim Weigel, worked with Jenny Milkowski at WFLD in Chicago. On a public FB post announcing his move came this comment:Screenshot_20221105-202308_Facebook.thumb.jpg.8b600947f8cf1fb0be28274f38cb550f.jpg

Later in the same thread...

Screenshot_20221105-202351_Facebook.jpg.3cd097850373776d2b94dc19bbb8e9fc.jpg

Take that for what it's worth.

Edited by Big Rollo Smokes

1 hour ago, ATLNewsExpert said:

Ah yes the station were the weird 90's trend of having industrial scaffolding on your set lives on! (just why?) 

I'm surprised they never sued Who Wants to Be a Millionaire for co-opting the concept of a dark and dreary set with too little lighting to maneuver around. 🤕

2 hours ago, Big Rollo Smokes said:

KUSI is adding Rafer Weigel to its news team.

As I always say, there is always a bottom to scrape, and KUSI is a short step down to 'anchoring' infomercials and not-Humana Medicare ads.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Big Rollo Smokes said:

KUSI is adding Rafer Weigel to its news team. It's actually a return to SD for Weigel, who worked at KUSI earlier in his career.

Rafer, son of the late Chicago sportscaster Tim Weigel, worked with Jenny Milkowski at WFLD in Chicago. On a public FB post announcing his move came this comment:Screenshot_20221105-202308_Facebook.thumb.jpg.8b600947f8cf1fb0be28274f38cb550f.jpg

Later in the same thread...

Screenshot_20221105-202351_Facebook.jpg.3cd097850373776d2b94dc19bbb8e9fc.jpg

Take that for what it's worth.

And the plot thickens. 

They trotted him out as an interview subject sometime in the past year forget for what. Got the sense of some slant in what they had him speaking to but forget. I see he’s a Cohen prior hire.

Wonder where he’s assigned. Logan seems to be doing well weeknights and Matt Prichard is good attitude talent on the weekend evening. 

Maybe Paul Rudy is getting a break from the morning grind? 

Also a interesting how Jenny gets all these reader voted best of awards and cleans up at the Emmys. She’s a bright talent but the sheer volume of vote driven accolades is unusual  for such a new to the market talent. 

Edited by sfomspphl