NBC Arthouse Celebrates 20 Years

noggi

A very well done look at some of the great work they've put out over the years.

I like that they included the time NBC O&Os were about to lose the channel numbers. (Unless I'm misremembering, this look was never really used, aside from maybe some promos and bus stop ads before an aborted launch, correct?)

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

I like that they included the time NBC O&Os were about to lose the channel numbers. (Unless I'm misremembering, this look was never really used, aside from maybe some promos and bus stop ads before an aborted launch, correct?)

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

KNSD was the only one in the group that went all-in on this look.

Edited by Georgie56
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, MidwestTV said:

When was this used? Starting at 1:40.

image.thumb.png.1d071018400214ce055ef2cac4c19df6.png

It looks a whole lot similar to KXAS' 2012 package. Same color scheme, same glassy textures to all the visual elements. Perhaps it was offered to the other O&Os as well but they all went with Look F. NGL I always liked that look over Look F.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geoffrey said:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

I know I'm in the minority here, but I was always a fan of this package. Way ahead of its time in terms of visual themes. I think with a few tweaks and giving the stations more latitude with branding, this would have been a very smart looking package. WCAU was ready to pull the trigger on this package and from what they had let out into the ethos, it looked like their creative dept took this package and ran wild with it:

image.png.50e407cea40648adea44811ecfeaab8c.png

From a promo for the original incarnation of their 7PM newscast:

• Like 2

On 10/22/2022 at 11:04 AM, MidwestTV said:

When was this used? Starting at 1:40.

image.thumb.png.1d071018400214ce055ef2cac4c19df6.png

Not aware of this ever airing but they need to use this ASAP! NBC typically leads CBS, ABC, and Fox in terms of presentation and this is amazing. Shine, gloss, and no flatness!

Edited by iron_lion
  • Like 3

On 10/22/2022 at 11:40 AM, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I was always a fan of this package. Way ahead of its time in terms of visual themes. I think with a few tweaks and giving the stations more latitude with branding, this would have been a very smart looking package. WCAU was ready to pull the trigger on this package and from what they had let out into the ethos, it looked like their creative dept took this package and ran wild with it:

image.png.50e407cea40648adea44811ecfeaab8c.png

From a promo for the original incarnation of their 7PM newscast:

Several of the NBC stations used this package on their “Nonstop” channels - All 3 in California, WCAU and WRC did definitely - not sure if the others did, but WNBC did use graphics similar to NBC Nightly News for New York Nightly News on 4.2/New York Nonstop. (And I can’t remember if KXAS did either…)