Natalie Morales joins CBS News

G2000

7 hours ago, CLETVFan said:

Could she end up co-anchoring CBS Mornings?

7 hours ago, Jman7885 said:

Doubt it. She’s LA based and not moving back to NYC

Jamie Yuccas is based in Los Angeles and occasionally hosts CBS Mornings and Weekend News. That doesn't mean that Natalie can't...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could this also signal the end of CBS The Talk? It’s been a couple of speculations that the show is trash and heading towards cancellation …even Andy Cohen (whose late night talk show is also on its last leg) had cohost Jerry O’Connell saying that Jerry is pulling the most weight and carrying The Talk. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Daybreak said:

Could this also signal the end of CBS The Talk? It’s been a couple of speculations that the show is trash and heading towards cancellation …even Andy Cohen (whose late night talk show is also on its last leg) had cohost Jerry O’Connell saying that Jerry is pulling the most weight and carrying The Talk. 

The sad part is that Andy and Jerry think that’s true. I actually think that Jerry drags down the show. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TVNewsLover said:

The sad part is that Andy and Jerry think that’s true. I actually think that Jerry drags down the show. 

The problem is The Talk has had so much turnover and controversy over the past few years that it doesn't help the show's ratings and reputation.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 5:22 PM, TheNewsTV said:

Jamie Yuccas is based in Los Angeles and occasionally hosts CBS Mornings and Weekend News. That doesn't mean that Natalie can't...

Occasionally - sure…. Thought the comment was she would permanently host it

1 hour ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

The problem is The Talk has had so much turnover and controversy over the past few years that it doesn't help the show's ratings and reputation.

Has never seemed to hurt The View. I just think The Talk isn’t original or strong in any kind of captivating way. At least The Real was targeting a different demographic.

• Like 4

On 10/8/2022 at 3:00 PM, Daybreak said:

Yes! For a few years The Talk was more palatable than the ultra political The View, but in recent years -- especially since the original cast departures -- the show is a mess. It's a corporate feeling CBS promotional panel show with the same unoriginal PC opinions as everything else. They tried to make it different from The View with unisex hosts as of late, but it still doesn't work. As much as I like Jerry O'Connell he comes off as way too animated and over the top.

On 10/9/2022 at 3:36 PM, MorningNews said:

Has never seemed to hurt The View. I just think The Talk isn’t original or strong in any kind of captivating way. At least The Real was targeting a different demographic.

I found The Real to be the better of the three because it really felt like a younger/fresher show based off of its hosts, and it's less political more interpersonal social drama related topics like dating. It sucks that The Real went off the air before The Talk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, iron_lion said:

Yes! For a few years The Talk was more palatable than the ultra political The View, but in recent years -- especially since the original cast departures -- the show is a mess. It's a corporate feeling CBS promotional panel show with the same unoriginal PC opinions as everything else. They tried to make it different from The View with unisex hosts as of late, but it still doesn't work. As much as I like Jerry O'Connell he comes off as way too animated and over the top.

I found The Real to be the better of the three because it really felt like a younger/fresher show based off of its hosts, and it's less political more interpersonal social drama related topics like dating. It sucks that The Real went off the air before The Talk.

I actually found The Talk and The Real both to be too “fake”. The View has never been afraid to have differing views. Just seems like the other two’s hosts were going out of their way to agree with each other and not talk about real hot topics. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2022 at 12:34 AM, TVNewsLover said:

I actually found The Talk and The Real both to be too “fake”. The View has never been afraid to have differing views. Just seems like the other two’s hosts were going out of their way to agree with each other and not talk about real hot topics. 

I liked The View up until Star and Meredith's departures. The older View had a better balance of political and light topical subject matter. Now it's just arguing.

Not to venture into poltics or too far away from The Talk, it seems like ABC knowingly hires an ultra controversial right wing panelist that will obviously lead to bickering to fuel ratings (Megan & Elizabeth). It became toxic after a while.

Even though it did seem fake that the hosts on The Talk and sometimes The Real did go out of their way to agree with each other, they came off as much more positive shows contrasting the argumentative nature of The View.

Edited by iron_lion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 8:29 PM, iron_lion said:

I liked The View up until Star and Meredith's departures. The older View had a better balance of political and light topical subject matter. Now it's just arguing.

Not to venture into poltics or too far away from The Talk, it seems like ABC knowingly hires an ultra controversial right wing panelist that will obviously lead to bickering to fuel ratings (Megan & Elizabeth). It became toxic after a while.

Even though it did seem fake that the hosts on The Talk and sometimes The Real did go out of their way to agree with each other, they came off as much more positive shows contrasting the argumentative nature of The View.

I would have to agree that The View was at its very best in its first decade on the air when we had Meredith Vieira, Star Jones, Debbie Matenopolous, and Lisa Ling.  Back when the show was more enjoyable.  Nowadays, with Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, and when the show also had Rosie O'Donnell, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Candace Cameron Bure, and Meghan McCain, it became unwatchable.

The Talk had stability for a couple of seasons with Julie Chen, Sharon Osbourne, Aisha Tyler, and Sara Gilbert, when the show held its own.  I would agree with the lack of stability with co-host turnover and us seeing Marie Osmond, Carrie Ann Inaba, and a couple others coming and going.  I wouldn't be surprised if CBS were to replace The Talk with their version of NBC News Daily and GMA3: All You Need To Know.  I miss seeing As The World Turns and other cancelled soaps, and too bad that P&G didn't sell ownership of ATWT to CBS.

• Like 3