Coverage of Queen Elizabeth's death.

cityprod

22 minutes ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

What's the situation on non-news cable networks in the UK? Gold, Comedy Central, Sky Sports, Discovery, etc.? Are they relaying BBC or a news network, ala 9/11?

Most channels have stayed with normal programming, but without adverts.  Sky Showcase, Sky Sports News, Sky Racing all joined Sky News.  BBC Three and BBC Four are suspended.  BBC Scotland has joined BBC News.  S4C is producing their own coverage from Cardiff.  Shopping channels have been suspended.

37 minutes ago, cityprod said:

Most channels have stayed with normal programming, but without adverts.  Sky Showcase, Sky Sports News, Sky Racing all joined Sky News.  BBC Three and BBC Four are suspended.  BBC Scotland has joined BBC News.  S4C is producing their own coverage from Cardiff.  Shopping channels have been suspended.

Just curious, are non-news radio stations (not run by the BBC) suspended as well? I imagine they won’t be airing normal programming, but I do wonder what they’re specifically airing right now.

55 minutes ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

Just curious, are non-news radio stations (not run by the BBC) suspended as well? I imagine they won’t be airing normal programming, but I do wonder what they’re specifically airing right now.

Global owned stations, including Heart, Smooth, Gold and others, are all running LBC.

Bauer owned stations have their own combined programme, which is using IRN bulletins, but mixing in their own mix of appropriate music.

Those independent of those owners are just taking the IRN provided feed of special bulletins and appropriate music.

I can also tell you that a community station that I volunteer for, is doing a mix of classical music instead of regular programmes.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

Will CBS preempt Big Brother? It's a double eviction night. In fact, will they break long tradition and share this news with the remaining houseguests? Some may remember when Julie Chen shared news of 9/11 with the houseguests, and the reactions that followed. They very rarely do that.

I’m pretty sure Big Brother is still a go for tonight. Julie also shared the news of Trump’s victory in the 2016 election with the houseguests in the then-CBS All Access Over The Top spinoff.

Edited by Georgie56
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

Not seeing coverage on my local PBS and FOX stations. Are some FOX stations taking Fox News or another feed? Same w/ PBS? Are the PBS NewsHour people on live?

RIP Queen.

They did take FNC on another feed doing a selfie. A self-produced level 2.

Overnight coverage:

MSNBC is simulcasting sky news. CNN US is simulcating CNN I. Fox News appears to sill be live. BBC America isnt airing movies and instead Queen related documentaries. 

During the daylight I was surprised to see a lack of coverage on the local Fox affiliate and PBS, as was mentioned. Especially given the amount of British programming on PBS.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, panewswatcher69 said:

With the breaking news story of this magnitude earlier this morning, was wondering what NBC's plans were going to be if the Queen died during the game tonight?  IMO, NBC would have needed to cover her passing.

They would have likely either done a dual-screen, or moved the game to USA Network.

• Like 1

ABC airing another special tonight in 20/20’s timeslot.  Of the US networks, ABC has tended to be the most devoted to royal stories (going all the way back to Charles and Diana’s wedding) and this is certainly no exception. 

• Thanks 2