Coverage of Queen Elizabeth's death.

cityprod

Right now in the UK, there is ongoing coverage of the Queen's health.  BBC One went to the BBC News Channel at about 12.40pm UK time, and has been in continuous coverage since.  Sky News, GB News and Talk TV are all doing continuous coverage as well.  ITV went to a News Special at 5pm, and that is currently scheduled to continue indefinitely.  Channel 5 had a scheduled news programme at 5pm, that is still on, and maybe extended as we're awaiting an update at 6pm from Buckingham Palace.  Channel 4 News is currently scheduled for 7pm, but maybe brought forward and extended. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheRob said:

Announcement in two parts:

Huw Edwards had been on the air for several hours at this point, and was dressed in a mourning tuxedo throughout. All programming is suspended across the BBC, as per protocol (no doubt the same is true for ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, and Sky).

• Sad 1

• CircleSeven changed the title to Coverage of Queen Elizabeth's death.
10 minutes ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

Huw Edwards had been on the air for several hours at this point, and was dressed in a mourning tuxedo throughout. All programming is suspended across the BBC, as per protocol (no doubt the same is true for ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, and Sky).

CBeebies at least finished their schedule for the night on time (no break-in), with CBBC showing a child-appropriate obit before finishing up their own schedule. Four and Three are indeed suspended, and here's how Radio 1 brought forward the news, lead in by "Eugene" by Arlo Parks:

Edited by mrschimpf

Univision/Telemundo has been in live coverage since 10:45 or so. I'm not sure about any of the non-news cable networks, like what happened with 9/11...any of them suspending programming and relaying CNN or another network? I don't have cable anymore.

Only FM station airing coverage here in eastern WA is the news service of NWPB (NPR) relaying BBC World Service. No other local FMs suspending programming.

Edited by VHSgoodiesWA

33 minutes ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

In the UK, Absolute Radio has suspended regular programming, airing somber music instead. All BBC radio networks are in simulcasted coverage, Gold (1548 khz) is relaying LBC 97.3. Regular sports talk programming suspended on TalkSport.

LBC is broadcasting on all Global stations in the UK.  Bauer owned stations have gone to their own combined programme.  Other stations are taking IRN produced special coverage.

Now would be a really good time for BBC World News to be more easily available here in the states. On my cable system (Xfinity in southern NH), it's on a higher-price tier that I don't get.

Meanwhile, BBC America is sticking to its regular programming, albeit with an occasional on-screen crawl that says something like "Buckingham Palace has made an important announcement. See BBC World News for more." 🙄

• Like 4

On the BBC’s channels, Clive Myrie just stepped in for Huw Edwards, who will return at 10pm GMT.

The BBC’s platforms will no doubt be airing a constant stream of special documentaries, interviews, etc. surrounding Queen Elizabeth II’s life over the next few days that have been prepared long in advance. If you have access to BBC World News, you might want to consider archiving their coverage (I’ll do my best to try myself).

• Thanks 1