CBS News Streaming

jrogo

Couldn't find a CBS News Streaming topic so I thought I'd start one so we can keep track of any changes. 

Today 9/6, CBS News announced John Dickerson would be anchoring a new show, CBS News Prime Time, at 7PM ET, which was previously branded as "Newshour" and featured a rotating group of anchors. John will anchor from Studio 57, the show will be live Monday - Thursday. Prime Time will go up against ABC News Live's Lindsey Davis and NBC News NOW's Tom Llamas. The graphics are what you'd expect and inline with CBS News' new graphics. Johns style is certainly different compared to his competition. Tonight was Prime Time's debut, below is the first couple minuets. 

TVNewser has more: https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/john-dickerson-tapped-to-anchor-cbs-prime-time-streaming-newscast/513632/

Edited by jrogo

If he doesn't work on Face the Nation, put him on Mornings.

It he doesn't work on Mornings, put him on streaming.

If he doesn't work on streaming, ....?

I'm sure he's probably a nice guy, but he just doesn't have that on-screen presence that clicks with viewers. If he's their idea for a marquis show on the streaming channel, then the streaming channel must be in a lot more trouble than it looks.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, C Block said:

I'm sure he's probably a nice guy, but he just doesn't have that on-screen presence that clicks with viewers. If he's their idea for a marquis show on the streaming channel, then the streaming channel must be in a lot more trouble than it looks.

I think it's a good idea, the rotation of anchors at this time of 19 pm is huge in streaming...
And he's a familiar face, good for a match against Llamas and Linsey.

Not a fan of the opening graphic or music. They’re both kind of a departure from the CBS streaming look debuted earlier in the year. 

As for the show itself. Not sure why CBS executives thought this was a good move. The show is as dry as his personality. Bring back News Hour and give me Jericka Duncan. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tyler said:

Not a fan of the opening graphic or music. They’re both kind of a departure from the CBS streaming look debuted earlier in the year. 

As for the show itself. Not sure why CBS executives thought this was a good move. The show is as dry as his personality. Bring back News Hour and give me Jericka Duncan. 

Right, You would think CBS executives would want someone young and vibrant to go against Lindsey Davis and Tom Llamas at that hour.

Instead….,

Just goes to show CBS doesn’t have the leadership or decision makers needed to be competitive in today’s news business.

It’s almost as if they’ve conceded to being in 3rd place forever. 

Edited by NYPhillynews
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, NYPhillynews said:

It’s almost as if they’ve conceded to being in 3rd place forever. 

They're still hoping to find the next Walter Cronkite... Someone older and more seasoned to go up against all the trendy TikToking Whipper Snappers the other networks have (every pun intended)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

I actually have liked John on everything he's done and think he's a great politics reporter. Hope he does well on this new program.

Who does have CBS News have for a younger and vibrant personality? 

He’s certainly earned his pay as a political reporter, but he was just a little bit awkward on his opening night. I’m sure he’ll improve with time. Personally, he isn’t my favorite choice (I would’ve preferred Elaine Quijano), but I’ll admit that having someone of his caliber certainly helps their streaming effort. Again, even at his worst, he’s miles better than Chuck Todd.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 3:16 AM, C Block said:

John is a solid political reporter and analyst. That role best suits him moreso than anchor.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
On 5/1/2023 at 4:38 PM, TheNewsTV said:

And today there was America Decides, replacing Red&Blue on streaming.

1110696725_CBSNewsStreaming05-0118-05-28.thumb.png.a21ece976922e68ca152b2fad900a81f.png1427892832_CBSNewsStreaming05-0118-05-47.thumb.png.3f97780b4fdfd492fcbe20d7fb51b27f.png1241520193_CBSNewsStreaming05-0118-06-14.thumb.png.60150a88c47b81d7ad4fdef980a3481d.png

This makes sense given they brand their election coverage as 'America Decides'. Best to have all things political aligned in some way across all platforms. Didn't care for the Red & Blue moniker, if you will, anyway.

• Like 2