WISH-TV another new set

EVVTV12

Anchor Alexis Rogers posted yesterday they are back in the newsroom as their new set is being put together. The old one was put under Nexstar in mid-2018, so it’s not that old. But Nexstar owns CBS4/Fox59 now, so McCoy probably wanted to leave the Nexstar days behind now. 

B1C14FD2-94C6-4399-BC49-9E326B755968.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On the one hand, they’re carrying on the recent Nexstar trend of wasting a newer and perfectly serviceable set (see: KXAN, WTTV, and especially KDVR). On the other hand, the Nexstar set they had until now looked a bit old when it was new.

Not to get too off-topic, but all things considered, McCoy has taken surprisingly good care of WISH. They’ve added a number of reporters, and they’re even airing HBCU Football this season. Of course, a network affiliation would greatly help matters, but they’re working with what they’ve got. Hopefully McCoy puts the same investment into the new set.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

Not to get too off-topic, but all things considered, McCoy has taken surprisingly good care of WISH. They’ve added a number of reporters, and they’re even airing HBCU Football this season. Of course, a network affiliation would greatly help matters, but they’re working with what they’ve got. Hopefully McCoy puts the same investment into the new set.

Also, look at the podcasts they got out there... more than they should have, honestly.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...

Meteorologist Stephanie Mead posted this last week. If you look past what she is wearing, it looks like weather is back in studio while news is still in the newsroom. Based on the background, they are probably keeping their current graphics package. 

2209C146-4C67-4695-8207-3CF4F9C2C7F6.jpeg

• Like 3

Screenshot from my phone at the start of the news at 10. It still has traces of the Nexstar days, but it was probably easier refresh than a full studio remodel. The BAM behind Phil and Alexis is something I haven’t seen in the market before. I don’t really know if any markets around Indy have something like it. Graphics package looks like Action News Jax meets WISH graphics from Nexstar. I did notice “steps” behind Phil, which makes me wonder if the desk can be moved and those can be used for any anchor stand ups for specials, etc. 

6DDDD887-8B25-4439-8B71-494587807D1C.png

• Like 1

I wait

17 minutes ago, EVVTV12 said:

Screenshot from my phone at the start of the news at 10. It still has traces of the Nexstar days, but it was probably easier refresh than a full studio remodel. The BAM behind Phil and Alexis is something I haven’t seen in the market before. I don’t really know if any markets around Indy have something like it. Graphics package looks like Action News Jax meets WISH graphics from Nexstar. I did notice “steps” behind Phil, which makes me wonder if the desk can be moved and those can be used for any anchor stand ups for specials, etc. 

6DDDD887-8B25-4439-8B71-494587807D1C.png

I waited long for this, at least it aint a full remodel. Still because the "Old" set was still very nice they kept parts of it yeah that monitor ticker and corner part of the set I didn't like. Replacing with the curved moniter is nice.

I will say I do like the look of this seamless BAM more than the endless row of monitors that many stations are doing. For some reason, the grid lines just bother me and look incredibly distracting especially for weather segments. I wish more stations would utilize this feature more...

• Like 4

On 1/10/2023 at 12:47 PM, Axiom81 said:

I will say I do like the look of this seamless BAM more than the endless row of monitors that many stations are doing. For some reason, the grid lines just bother me and look incredibly distracting especially for weather segments. I wish more stations would utilize this feature more...

They are more expensive too!

47 minutes ago, KentBrockman said:

More like it's a variation of the WJAX/WFOX package.

You are right on the money.

vlcsnap-2018-09-05-14h17m02s516.jpg

image.thumb.png.2bcb388d311ac5aa6fd85b0e4e1db2c7.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

They are more expensive too!

You are right on the money.

vlcsnap-2018-09-05-14h17m02s516.jpg

image.thumb.png.2bcb388d311ac5aa6fd85b0e4e1db2c7.png

I could tell by the full screens and the lower 3rds. Though I believe the WJAX/WFOX graphics are themselves a variation of not only Scripps but of KTRK. It's not a bad look, but it ages quickly. Renderon is just too 3D for today's design standards.

On 1/4/2023 at 5:56 AM, EVVTV12 said:

Meteorologist Stephanie Mead posted this last week. If you look past what she is wearing, it looks like weather is back in studio while news is still in the newsroom. Based on the background, they are probably keeping their current graphics package. 

2209C146-4C67-4695-8207-3CF4F9C2C7F6.jpeg

Reminds me of Carol Burnett.

screen-shot-2011-11-09-at-11_54.15-am-226x197.png.82cb50329cb8f4275416d22e70218d49.png

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, DirtyHarry said:

Reminds me of Carol Burnett.

screen-shot-2011-11-09-at-11_54.15-am-226x197.png.82cb50329cb8f4275416d22e70218d49.png

Korman:  Scarlet... I love you... That.. that.. that gown is gorgeous!
Burnett:  Thank you... I saw it in the window and I just couldn't resist it.
CLASSIC CBS Television City moment right there.

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...