KCNC to add more newscasts starting September 12

Chase29

Starting September 12 CBS News Colorado Announces New Initiative, Additional Newscasts - CBS Colorado 

Note from the press release in the link above. I'm guessing now we can confirm that CBS as it has been talked about on here will be dropping channel numbers.  I noticed by reading the press release the newscasts will be getting rebranded for example CBS Colorado Morning News etc:

Edited by Chase29
forgot to add date
  • Like 2

• Chase29 changed the title to KCNC to add more newscasts starting September 12
  • 2 weeks later...

So KCNC is re-adding a 9AM newscast back to it's schedule, the first time it has had a 9AM newscast since it was an NBC O&O, September 8, 1995, 2 days before the Switch to CBS.    And they are trying a 4PM Again, I hope these are successful.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Taking us viewers back to KCNC's NBC O&O days. Think about it. First at 4 reminding us of First News with Larry Green and other co-anchors. A full hour of news at 6 different from news at 5pm with Bob Palmer. Plus, with the 6pm news still running at 6:30pm, that makes us think of Colorado Evening News with Bill Stuart and Reynelda Muse. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DENDude said:

So KCNC is re-adding a 9AM newscast back to it's schedule, the first time it has had a 9AM newscast since it was an NBC O&O, September 8, 1995, 2 days before the Switch to CBS.    And they are trying a 4PM Again, I hope these are successful.

I think the 9am news lasted a little bit into the CBS days, though not long (maybe a year or two at most). They also did the hybrid local/national format with This Morning, though I think they stopped when the Early Show launched.

KCNC had a 4pm newscast going back to the 80s. It was dropped in 2006 when they outbid KMGH for Oprah as a strategy to boost the 5pm news ratings. They tried a 4pm newscast again the summer after Oprah ended, but dropped it again by the fall. I have a lot of fond memories of watching "First News" after school with Larry Green, who was a class act. Stephanie Riggs was great too; it's too bad they didn't keep her around.

• Like 2