NBC Considering Giving 10pm/9pm Back To Affiliates

Georgie56

30 minutes ago, iron_lion said:

constant commercials

Anyone correct me here, but I'm pretty sure SNL is why it's still what it is. They definitely command a premium on this 90-min block, considering the ads that show up, especially right after the A block. Ad revenue has never been more important in this economy.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, GodfreyGR said:

As long as the network can keep selling it, they will keep running it. Basic economics.

Surprised people still "watch" ads in this day and age. If I've ever been counted in a TV show's ratings by chance, their's a 99% chance I fast forwarded and didn't see any of the ads. 

Edited by PTVNews

It's sounding like Fox is expecting that NBC and ABC will indeed drop the 10pm hour. I've heard that the O&Os are looking into what effect, if any, it would have on their long-established 10pm newscasts. It sounds like there's actually not much overlap between viewers who watch the big 3 primetime offerings and those who watch primetime newscasts.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, C Block said:

It's sounding like Fox is expecting that NBC and ABC will indeed drop the 10pm hour. I've heard that the O&Os are looking into what effect, if any, it would have on their long-established 10pm newscasts. It sounds like there's actually not much overlap between viewers who watch the big 3 primetime offerings and those who watch primetime newscasts.

Even if NBC (and ABC) drop 10pm programming and compete with Fox stations with newscasts, there's still plenty of dayparts where Fox can counter the networks with local news.  Most notably,  7-9 am when Today and Good Morning America are on.  NBC ties up 9-11am with even more Today and ABC stations are locked in at 11am with The View.

CBS may be the first to drop morning news if they finally give up on the 7-9am hour after decades of failure.  And WWL would have the last laugh!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Peacock is adding affiliate stream access to the $10 premium plan  at the end of the month (NBCU-owned stations are available now to start), which is equal to what Paramount+ provides on their own tier (Fox and ABC don't provide the same, and Fox is limited to owned stations besides KCPQ and WITI because of contractual issues). As someone who finds the NBC app's affiliate stream with TVE a nightmare just to get to, this is a better way to get it.

Edited by mrschimpf