Nexstar Acquires 75% of The CW

Georgie56

19 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

KRON will probably have to get rid of their 8 and 9pm News unless they can air CW from 7-9pm.

WTTA has an 8pm news produced by WALA and Spanish programming from 9-10. Maybe KRON and WTTA could put all that on their .2’s.

Or MyNetwork will go to KICU (KTVU Plus) 

KOFY could’ve waited instead of picking up GritTV

im hoping KBCW takes advantage of KRON losing the prime time slot and KBCW will be the KCAL of the Bay Area.

Edited by SFTV

33 minutes ago, SFTV said:

Or MyNetwork will go to KICU (KTVU Plus) 

KOFY could’ve waited instead of picking up GritTV

im hoping KBCW takes advantage of KRON losing the prime time slot and KBCW will be the KCAL of the Bay Area.

KICU should’ve really picked up MyNet when Fox made the trade with Cox.

KBCW needs to change its call letters now. Is KBAY available?

On 6/14/2023 at 11:37 AM, The Frog said:

CW to WNCN 17.2 if Sinclair mass disaffiliates with the CW? 

But what happens to WLFL/WRDC? I suppose WNCN 17.2 could take some of their programming inventory. And WLFL gets MyNet. But Sinclair wouldn’t need both stations.

But we’re getting too far into Speculatron territory.

Edited by Nelson R.
Wrong channel number. I meant channel 17 instead of channel 11.

2 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

KICU should’ve really picked up MyNet when Fox made the trade with Cox.

KBCW needs to change its call letters now. Is KBAY available?

Someone posted earlier in the thread that call letters aren’t much of a factor when it comes to affiliation changes.

FOX 5 in SD is still operating as KSWB (San Diego’s WB)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SFTV said:

Someone posted earlier in the thread that call letters aren’t much of a factor when it comes to affiliation changes.

FOX 5 in SD is still operating as KSWB (San Diego’s WB)

Well yeah that’s true. WUPA still has its calls from when they were UPN.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

Yeah my bad but how many times did you need to quote me? 🙄

My bad, that was a glitch on my phone. The submit button didn't take me back to the main thread page.

2 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

CW to WNCN 11.2 if Sinclair mass disaffiliates with the CW? 

But what happens to WLFL/WRDC? I suppose WNCN 11.2 could take some of their programming inventory. And WLFL gets MyNet. But Sinclair wouldn’t need both stations.

But we’re getting too far into Speculatron territory.

One more: WNCN is 17, WTVD is 11.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Should Sinclair drop the CW, they could easily fill the time with TND or one of their diginets.

More likely, those stations just affiliate with MyNetworkTV or become independent and fill the gaps with extra syndie shows. As for The National Desk, only Pacific and Mountain time zone stations have the option of airing it in prime time by taking the “live” East feed of the show; I don’t doubt Sinclair might attempt to expand the program earlier to act as a optional gap-filler.

Edited by T.L. Hughes
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, T.L. Hughes said:

More likely, those stations just affiliate with MyNetworkTV or become independent and fill the gaps with extra syndie shows. As for The National Desk, only Pacific and Mountain time zone stations have the option of airing it in prime time by taking the “live” East feed of the show; I don’t doubt Sinclair might attempt to expand the program earlier to act as a optional gap-filler.

Does MNTV have any value to any non Fox owned station? 

It fills two hours and provides a common branding to stations whose creative department simply does not exist any longer and are usually paired with Fox or the CW, or going at it alone. The days of Malrite, Gaylord and Grant's originality are long over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ve noticed the past week or so that KSKN now brands itself on air as “KSKN 22” instead of the “CW 22” moniker they’ve used the past 17 years. Is there trouble in paradise between the network and Tegna over their refusal to air LIV Golf?

12 minutes ago, AKA said:

I’ve noticed the past week or so that KSKN now brands itself on air as “KSKN 22” instead of the “CW 22” moniker they’ve used the past 17 years. Is there trouble in paradise between the network and Tegna over their refusal to air LIV Golf?

Tegna's CW agreement runs through the end of August 2026. It does not contain any clauses about removal because the network has bought a station (other affiliation agreements I have read do have such provisions).

The CW can only terminate the agreement:

• If the station's technical parameters change so drastically that "the Affiliate becomes of materially less value to The CW"
  • If the station owner is bankrupt, or if the network is bankrupt
  • In the event of breach of contract
  • If the network announces it is ceasing operations, six months' notice required
  • If the station enters into or terminates an SSA or LMA without network approval

I believe it will be three years before KUSI becomes The CW in San Diego, unless the agreement is amended.

But you are right to point out that the call letters are newly prominent as of May 24...

May be a graphic of text that says 'KSKN22 EW'

No photo description available.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

I'm amazed that Raycom Sports (now part of Gray) will be producing the games.

Nexstar and Gray, while two big broadcast companies, are about as far apart as can be when it comes to things like cable, digital and OTT...

• Like 2