Nexstar Acquires 75% of The CW

Georgie56

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I was able to tally up what we're dealing with this fall...

Monday

Scripted CW originals (one moving over from AMC)

Tuesday

International imports (Canadian and British; sourced from CTV, CBC and Channel 4)

Wednesday

International imports (Canadian; both sourced from CTV)

Thursday

Unscripted originals (FBoy Island; moving from HBO Max)

Friday & Saturday

Unscripted CW originals (all returning from 2022 season, one of which (World's Funniest Animals) I'm assuming is a clip show)

Sunday

"Family viewing night" (starting with the 'I Am' film franchise, whatever that is)

**Are those Canadian/British imports already available on streaming here in the states?

**Also, what happened to the NASCAR docuseries?

Edited by kfc513

4 minutes ago, kfc513 said:

**Also, what happened to the NASCAR docuseries?

Actually, that's an IndyCar docuseries, 100 Days to Indy. It was ordered as a miniseries to coincide with the buildup to the Indy 500, as the title suggest, and given the godawful ratings it's been getting, even for The CW, it might not even be here as part of the buildup for next year's Indy 500.

2 hours ago, Adam MadMan said:

Actually, that's an IndyCar docuseries, 100 Days to Indy. It was ordered as a miniseries to coincide with the buildup to the Indy 500, as the title suggest, and given the godawful ratings it's been getting, even for The CW, it might not even be here as part of the buildup for next year's Indy 500.

Both parties are happy with its performance, so it'll probably continue.

• Like 3

I read this as “They’re not expecting the writers strike to be ending quickly, so let’s import stuff to air - even if it’s available streaming” [because we’re Nexstar and we don’t believe in streaming]…

• Like 3

On 5/21/2023 at 3:20 PM, mightynine said:

No, the cheap international imports were always part of the plan, I think. 

You know Telemundo tried that in the 90s dubbing some of Sony Pictures movies and shows in Spanish since that was there owner at the time, and some were there international imports. Because it was cheap, Turned out horribly and it was a big flop. I see the same happening here. 

Edited by RaleighTVBOI1

4 hours ago, RaleighTVBOI1 said:

You know Telemundo tried that in the 90s dubbing some of Sony Pictures movies and shows in Spanish since that was there owner at the time, and some were there international imports. Because it was cheap, Turned out horribly and it was a big flop. I see the same happening here. 

No one said these imports wouldn't already be in English.

17 hours ago, RaleighTVBOI1 said:

Didn't they actually remake some Sony-owned shows? Like Charlie's Angels?

45 minutes ago, RaleighTVBOI1 said:

The bottom line is I know they'll be in English I'm pointing out that something like this has been tries before.

Heck, PBS imports British shows all the time. Masterpiece is one giant umbrella for dramas from over there.

• Like 3