Nexstar Acquires 75% of The CW

Georgie56

14 minutes ago, bpatrick said:

Who has it in Atlanta?

Titan TV didn't say, but a look on Zap2it has it on Peachtree TV's schedule on the 25th. Still, the latter site is owned by Nexstar, so I'm not 100% sure how accurate it is, but listings can change over time, so we may end up finding out sooner rather than later.

On 2/16/2023 at 7:05 AM, groupwfan said:

I've just saw a promo for LIV on WPHL, seems like it'll air on 17 and NOT 57. (I smell affiliation swap...)

Nexstar bought time on a station they own to clear it. Nothing more.

On 2/16/2023 at 1:10 PM, Adam MadMan said:

Titan TV didn't say, but a look on Zap2it has it on Peachtree TV's schedule on the 25th. Still, the latter site is owned by Nexstar, so I'm not 100% sure how accurate it is, but listings can change over time, so we may end up finding out sooner rather than later.

TitanTV lists no station in the Cleveland market. It’s not on WUAB’s schedule and WJW can’t run it because of Fox NCAA basketball.

Chances are high that Nexstar jumped the gun in that press release and really hasn’t cleared LIV to the extent they have.

2 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

TV Passport has LIV for WUAB in Cleveland. CW7 in West Michigan is airing LIV as well saw a promo for it last night during WWMT News at 6PM.

As per the CW website, it appears that the CW stations owned by CBS and Tegna are the one's not airing LIV Golf, they've posted a list of alternate stations.

• Like 1

I'll say it once, I'll say it again.  Once the affiliation contracts are up with the CW with other groups, I think Nexstar is ready to take things in house where they can.  Even if it means starting up their own subchannel.

It seems a foregone conclusion where there is a spare (or MNTV) Nexstar station where a CBS O&O has the CW.

• Like 1
  • Thought-Provoking 1

I continue to be amazed by WDIV; still carrying This on their DT2 after all these years, but they took it for their MeTV channel instead. 😂 And I'm guessing Adell probably played hardball as usual and they were like 'nah, we don't need WADL' in Detroit.

And if you absolutely bet on KUSI taking the rights you would be rich...it's the least-shocking result with that station.

14 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

I'll say it once, I'll say it again.  Once the affiliation contracts are up with the CW with other groups, I think Nexstar is ready to take things in house where they can.  Even if it means starting up their own subchannel.

It seems a foregone conclusion where there is a spare (or MNTV) Nexstar station where a CBS O&O has the CW.

I can see it now... Cleveland's Own, NewsNation CW8.

On 2/19/2023 at 11:09 PM, Megatron81 said:

TV Passport has LIV for WUAB in Cleveland. CW7 in West Michigan is airing LIV as well saw a promo for it last night during WWMT News at 6PM.

That might be news to WUAB as they use TitanTV, and LIV is MIA

image.thumb.png.1ba38310a1275ddaa75f49dfa8fae980.png

image.thumb.png.1e0b03879f0b4dcfd51b855dfdd5575a.png

Edited by Myron Falwell
  • Thought-Provoking 1

15 hours ago, compubit said:

Now if they would add them to YouTube TV…

J

Many CW affiliates (the one in my home market, KOCB, being one of them) are available on YouTube TV… The ones Nexstar runs just aren’t among them. CW programming is only available on demand in areas where YTTV doesn’t carry the affiliate.

Edited by T.L. Hughes

5 hours ago, AmericanErrorist said:

The article said that CW stations are only contractually required to air primetime programming, so the CBS and Tegna-owned stations' affiliations are safe.

The preemptions by the Tegna stations don’t extend, though, to its two CW Plus outlets (KYTX-DT2 and WMAZ-DT2). In addition, while Weigel declined clearance of the tournaments on WCIU, its South Bend sister station, WCWW, apparently is going to air tthem.