KXTV debuting a new set

Georgie56

37 minutes ago, SFTV said:

It’s not a Tegna set in a box! 😆

But it's also formatted like many other sets out there. No wood colors though, but feels like an office. White faux brick with blue and gray accents. An oblong tiny anchor desk with stand-ups on either side. It's reinventing nothing. It's not providing anything new to the market.

Edited by ABC 7 Denver
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Good news... no longer in the newsroom. They were really terrible when doing so from the newsroom.

Bad news... new set, worse one in the market.

Well, if you were under any delusion that TEGNA hadn't grown long in the tooth...

Edited by ABC 7 Denver

17 hours ago, MidwestTV said:

It's remarkably basic. It's safe and restrained. Very sterile.

And certainly not worthy of its own news segment. IMO, there are discontinued sets from over a decade ago that look better. For a good reference, see WSYR’s 2011 set.

I guess they finally figured that doing their shows in a newsroom reminiscent of Bushwick, NY turned out to be a dud (in addition to dumping the longtime anchor team a few years back.) Apparently their solution is to build a set that appeals to absolutely no one. The newscasts themselves, which needed even more fixing than the set, don’t seem to have changed. They focused on fixing the wrong thing, and they even managed to screw that up.

Edited by nycnewsjunkie
Conciseness, clarity
  • Like 1

The bones of this set look exactly like their old KUSA hand me down set, which FX zhuzhed up when they went HD in 2008. It looks like they're also retooling their presentation style by moving out of the "content center" and back into the studio. I haven't watched a full KXTV show since last November, but they were mostly single-anchored shows from a standup desk in the newsroom. Seems like this would signal a return to a more traditional dual-anchor style broadcast. 

4545066_a1t9De2UE9-3gXOqsuG1L8JWJvPmq95Z

• Like 2

1 hour ago, caliwxdude said:

The bones of this set look exactly like their old KUSA hand me down set, which FX zhuzhed up when they went HD in 2008. It looks like they're also retooling their presentation style by moving out of the "content center" and back into the studio. I haven't watched a full KXTV show since last November, but they were mostly single-anchored shows from a standup desk in the newsroom. Seems like this would signal a return to a more traditional dual-anchor style broadcast. 

4545066_a1t9De2UE9-3gXOqsuG1L8JWJvPmq95Z

My goodness Chris looks so young there. From KXTV, graduating KGO and now at CNN. He’s grown so much!

Meh. Doesn't look fresh or exciting. According to some commenter on Youtube, it's just a refresh which looks to be the case.

When I saw the title I was hoping to see something nice and I got my hopes up KGW could get something new. Their set has only been constantly refreshed the past 20 years, it's terrible.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PTVNews said:

Meh. Doesn't look fresh or exciting. According to some commenter on Youtube, it's just a refresh which looks to be the case.

When I saw the title I was hoping to see something nice and I got my hopes up KGW could get something new. Their set has only been constantly refreshed the past 20 years, it's terrible.

You're right. That metallic framework is the same. This is the same damn set just refreshed. How f*cking poor is KXTV?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RCA TK47 said:

The same set with some changes was also used for KXTV's pay-to-play show 'Your California Life' a while back.  Cheap bastards.

Screenshot 2022-07-22 165044.png

I don't think I've ever seen a market in the Top 20 have such poor standards (though my local Fox Affiliate, KDVR, comes to mind).

• Like 2