WOWT New Set at Blackstone Plaza

Kyle R

• CircleSeven changed the title to WOWT New Set at Blackstone Plaza
1 hour ago, TexasTVNews said:

I wonder what's going to happen to their current facility before the move?

From this article last year, the developer (which is the same one that bought the highrise the station is moving to) is going tear down the old building and redevelop it into apartments.

Edited by CircleSeven

• 5 weeks later...

The new WOWT set looks very nice.  I like the anchor desk table.  Hopefully The Other Site may have additional pics of the new set in action.

Gray is investing in a lot of its stations I'm already beginning to notice, including stations getting set makeovers, to stations adding additional newscasts to their programming schedules.

Edited by atlnewsfan03
Typo

I thought it looked like they were reading prompter off camera when I was watching. That picture explains it, not a fan of that setup. Also don’t like how some of the monitors you can see the individual led border lights reflecting off the ground. Needs a light strip diffuser over it. Also you can see the main desk cord in some of the shots, should have been wired to back behind the desk. Overall a much better set. Glad they finally got an upgrade. 

11 hours ago, susquvalleywgal said:

8D490453-5996-46C2-9600-9B1D8EE816AE.png

Beautiful set overall.  But this is a weird angle. 

-- Matt

The set looks good (especially for a market this size), but I’m not really a fan of the random faux brick pillar in the middle either. WJZY has a better execution of this set IMO.

I think it's fine. It works well for Omaha, really isn't a bad design at all, and they tried to add unique features like that view from the brick column. That black support beam could've been handled better, and the prompter setup is just bizarre. I can't imagine that will last for too long. That must have been a cost cutting measure.

It's still world's better than that disaster at KMTV.

• Like 2