KMSG

ATLNewsExpert

KMSG appeared to launch new graphics from a quick report on Facebook Friday as news was not on that day due to other programming, are these being used on air currently? Intro is different, logo is slightly altered, slight references to the old package are still there though in corners and the weather graphics are the same, excuse the buttons from these poor, quick screenshots

Screenshot_20220710-161341.png

Screenshot_20220710-161352.png

Screenshot_20220710-161451.png

Screenshot_20220710-161410.png

Screenshot_20220710-161332.png

30 minutes ago, ATLNewsExpert said:

KMSG appeared to launch new graphics from a quick report on Facebook Friday as news was not on that day due to other programming, are these being used on air currently? 

No they are not. I checked Thursday's show and it was all the old look.

I also knew he was going to butcher these graphics (those lower thirds are not how they are supposed to be used; he is using the wrong fonts).

• Like 2

UPDATE: It appears the new graphics have made their on air debut and might I say what a disappoinment from the original designed by JCD. The lower thirds were only used in the teaser and credits, still seems to be wrong font. The old graphics are STILL used for intros of some segments like "covering California" and weather still uses the old graphics (despite the initial graphics designed by JCD had weather graphics!). A new green screen set is also being used with the new title card in the background. The intro is though great, the new cut of NewsOne is great too, for a normal station I would say "I hope these clearly easily avoidable mistakes are fixed soon" but knowing this station I HIGHLY doubt that.

Screenshot (270).png

Screenshot (267).png

Screenshot (266).png

Screenshot (269).png

Screenshot (268).png

Edited by ATLNewsExpert

On 7/13/2022 at 1:32 PM, ATLNewsExpert said:

for a normal station I would say "I hope these clearly easily avoidable mistakes are fixed soon" but knowing this station I HIGHLY doubt that.

Not only will those mistakes not be fixed, but Austin will get all defensive on why he can't fix them and that you don't have room to criticize them, etc. Which is a shame.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, sanewsguy said:

Not only will those mistakes not be fixed, but Austin will get all defensive on why he can't fix them and that you don't have room to criticize them, etc. Which is a shame.

Honestly, if management is not going to give Austin any kind of support, they aren't going anywhere.

• Like 3

Good lord… Why are we continuing to beat a dead horse here? 

He is literally THE ONLY person doing this. He’s writing, producing, anchoring, editing, etc… give the guy some credit. 

I've said it once and I’ll say it again; unless  you’re going to reach out and offer to help in some way, get off his back. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, HoosierNewsie said:

He is literally THE ONLY person doing this. He’s writing, producing, anchoring, editing, etc… give the guy some credit. 

I've said it once and I’ll say it again; unless  you’re going to reach out and offer to help in some way, get off his back. 

From the comment right above yours:

18 hours ago, NYTV said:

Honestly, if management is not going to give Austin any kind of support, they aren't going anywhere.

Key words being “if management is not going to give Austin any kind of support.” No one’s on the guy’s back.

We don’t know if Austin’s doing this as a vanity project or is genuinely in the process of building a news dept (if he’s doing the latter, then good for him.) What we do know is that the newscast is done on the cheap because KMSG management isn’t looking to pour in the funds needed for a professional operation. If stations want to be taken seriously in an industry already facing declining public trust, they can’t put a one man band on the air and not build from that. I don’t mean to sound harsh, but if I lived in Fresno, not only would I not watch that newscast, but I also probably wouldn’t even know where to find it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, HoosierNewsie said:

Personally, I have nothing against Austin, and I want him to succeed. However, if station management is not going to give him some financial support, there's nothing that can really happen here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 4 months later...