Syndicated News for the 2022-23 TV Season

H-Town TV Fan

Just now, hmaxhanson said:

My hunch is that rating are well enough that it becomes permanent even after December.

I’m thinking that’s why they switched Tamron and Kelly, because there’s no reason to switch them if Tamron was going to move right back to 3pm, and I’m wondering if Kelly ends up on a different station next fall. 

update on our friends in atlanta: because of a singular election going to a runoff 3pm news stays - georgia seems to REALLY want political ad money. also tamron and Kelly switched up there - wsb might permanently adopt 3pm news at this rate. might be a similar situation here in Orlando in a few months - something has to be done about wftv’s cw-tier lineup.  don’t think 3pm news is the answer for any of these markets though. 

only major change in any of these markets right now. the 2022-23 season has comfortably settled and we have no news on new shows coming in 2023-24 yet

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Matt S. said:

update on our friends in atlanta: because of a singular election going to a runoff 3pm news stays - georgia seems to REALLY want political ad money. also tamron and Kelly switched up there - wsb might permanently adopt 3pm news at this rate. might be a similar situation here in Orlando in a few months - something has to be done about wftv’s cw-tier lineup.  don’t think 3pm news is the answer for any of these markets though. 

only major change in any of these markets right now. the 2022-23 season has comfortably settled and we have no news on new shows coming in 2023-24 yet

Well, honestly, I would rather see the Kelly Clarkson move to either WXIA or WAGA, rather than it stay at 1:36am. If it must stay at 1:36am, then it would mean that ratings must've been bad nationally. If I were one of the other stations, I would not hesitate to get her show right away, bc her show, IMO, does NOT belong at 1:36 in the morning.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, AdamTheJ said:

Well, honestly, I would rather see the Kelly Clarkson move to either WXIA or WAGA, rather than it stay at 1:36am. If it must stay at 1:36am, then it would mean that ratings must've been bad nationally. If I were one of the other stations, I would not hesitate to get her show right away, bc her show, IMO, does NOT belong at 1:36 in the morning.

A part of me wonders if the fact that Kelly was airing episodes a day behind hurt the numbers 

• Like 3

Speaking of Kelly, one of her constant guest hosts is Jay Leno, and you may have heard he was burned by gasoline in a garage mishap yesterday. He should be okay (befitting his work ethic he says he'll be out for 'a week or two'), and You Bet Your Life taping is done for the season already, so any effect on that show won't be seen for months.

On 11/10/2022 at 11:01 AM, Nelson R. said:

I’m thinking that’s why they switched Tamron and Kelly, because there’s no reason to switch them if Tamron was going to move right back to 3pm, and I’m wondering if Kelly ends up on a different station next fall. 

WSB-TV explains temporary Kelly Clarkson, Tamron Hall show time changes

Two months ago, WSB-TV added a special 3 p.m. newscast through midterm elections week, pushing “The Tamron Hall Show” to 1:35 a.m.

It was meant to be a short-term move to capitalize on election-related advertising. But with the Senate race in a runoff on Dec. 6, WSB-TV decided to keep the 3 p.m. newscast for another month.

According to general manager Ray Carter, Disney Media Distribution, which oversees “The Tamron Hall Show,” only agreed to the temporary move through the week of the election, not for a runoff.

So WSB-TV approached the distribution company for “The Kelly Clarkson Show,” which agreed to allow the TV station to move that show to 1:35 a.m. instead through Dec. 7, the day after the run-off.

21 minutes ago, TVNewsLover said:

Honestly think after the runoff they should put Kelly at 3pm instead of back at 10am. Kelly has higher ratings and is a better lead off into the 4pm. 

Not a bad idea. Kelly would air in pattern (didn’t realize she was running a day behind in Atlanta, what is the cutoff time?) and they wouldn’t have to move Tamron yet again. 

That also means WJZY was airing her a day behind at 10am. WMYT was airing her at 3pm but it wouldn’t have been hard to move her to 3pm on WJZY if it meant she would have been aired in pattern on that station. Instead they let her get away to WCCB.

Edited by Nelson R.

I think this is the perfect time to step in and say we don't need to know what Fox stations are doing during the World Cup, because there's a universal blanket statement...

If they've got a sister station, or a subchannel network which has actual viewers, the morning news/advertorial show will air there, and if not, it just won't air, and any pre-empted syndicated programming will move to overnights where they overlay old sitcom reruns or infomercials. And every station and network in the known world (even Fox) would've rather this tournament was occurring in July rather than November, and all hope this never happens again.

We don't need every single update. This is a syndicated programming news thread, not a list thread. Please keep it as such.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised that Fox didn't sign on for People Puzzler since they seem to be the launch group for these type of shows be a later date along with other TV station groups. West Michigan Sinclair, Nexstar or Scripps takes the show.

On 11/14/2022 at 1:04 AM, Megatron81 said:

Yeah, I could see Kelly Clarkson Show moving in ATL next year if it stays at 1:30AM on WSB after the runoff.

Unfortunately, it looks like Kelly Clarkson isn’t leaving 1:36AM anytime soon. Just looked on Zap2it, and the 3pm news on WSB appears to be permanent. Since that’s the case, I’d like to see WXIA and/or WAGA make some effort to rescue Kelly Clarkson from having to work the graveyard shift on Christmas. I mean, seriously, does her show Really have to be on at 1:36 in the morning? 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, AdamTheJ said:

Unfortunately, it looks like Kelly Clarkson isn’t leaving 1:36AM anytime soon. Just looked on Zap2it, and the 3pm news on WSB appears to be permanent. Since that’s the case, I’d like to see WXIA and/or WAGA make some effort to rescue Kelly Clarkson from having to work the graveyard shift on Christmas. I mean, seriously, does her show Really have to be on at 1:36 in the morning? 

Both zap2it and tvpassport are showing it back at 10am and repeating at 1:36am starting on Monday for me.

21 hours ago, AdamTheJ said:

20 hours ago, roundtown said:

Both zap2it and tvpassport are showing it back at 10am and repeating at 1:36am starting on Monday for me.

11 hours ago, bpatrick said:

I just checked TVPassport.  Kelly is back at 10 AM, repeating at 1:36 AM; Tamron is back at 3 PM.

https://www.ajc.com/life/radiotvtalk-blog/briefs-wsb-tvs-schedule-goes-back-to-normal-monday-after-runoff-cummings-kelli-giddish-leaves-svu-crash-clark-not-going-to-99x/ZTFIGZ46ENCQ5GMU3FUCGA5M6U/

• Like 1

I can see JHud being renewed looks like most of the shows from this year will get a second season from B&C article I read last week. I wonder if On Patrol in a 30 minute format will be in syndication like Live PD was for a couple of years ago with 30 minute block or an hour? Or if TV station groups don't want reality type cop show because of social justice and May 2020 death of George Floyd, WXSP did air Cops until the end of Aug 2020 when it was pulled.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

According to zap2it and TV Passport WHNS’ 11am news would debut Monday and they also would add another Access Carolina at 3pm. The 11am Big Bang Theory and 11:30am Young Sheldon would go away (the latter was just a repeat of the previous week’s 7pm episode anyway) so now there would be two runs of each and iCrime and Pictionary get cut to one run each. Also Tamron would move from 3pm to 1pm. Access Carolina Facebook page doesn’t say anything about this and there are no changes on the listings on the station’s website so I’m not sure if this is happening Monday. 

7E7B28A0-1BFA-43E1-B769-463E927C10C9.png

Edited by Nelson R.
Not sure if confirmed by station

20 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

According to zap2it and TV Passport WHNS’ 11am news would debut Monday and they also would add another Access Carolina at 3pm. The 11am Big Bang Theory and 11:30am Young Sheldon would go away (the latter was just a repeat of the previous week’s 7pm episode anyway) so now there would be two runs of each and iCrime and Pictionary get cut to one run each. Also Tamron would move from 3pm to 1pm. Access Carolina Facebook page doesn’t say anything about this and there are no changes on the listings on the station’s website so I’m not sure if this is happening Monday. 

7E7B28A0-1BFA-43E1-B769-463E927C10C9.png

Now confirmed that the 11am news debuts Monday 

• Sad 1

• 24994J locked this topic