Syndicated News for the 2022-23 TV Season

H-Town TV Fan

1 hour ago, kshow said:

https://tvnewscheck.com/programming/article/lots-to-see-as-syndies-new-season-gets-underway/

They are Tamron, J Hud, Sherri are getting the same ratings, pretty much.

looks pretty good. also if this holds true, the revamp saved drew barrymore and all the talk shows will be back next season 

only shows that look like they’re getting off the air after this season are ring nation (almost certain at this rate) and iCrime (the fact it’s a mainstream show on WFTV is crazy), in addition to whatever sitcoms are leaving next year 

7 minutes ago, Matt S. said:

looks pretty good. also if this holds true, the revamp saved drew barrymore and all the talk shows will be back next season 

only shows that look like they’re getting off the air after this season are ring nation (almost certain at this rate) and iCrime (the fact it’s a mainstream show on WFTV is crazy), in addition to whatever sitcoms are leaving next year 

I’m not so sure about Pictionary either. Of course it wasn’t promoted very well but I could see WJZY demoting both runs to 12:30 and 1am and putting both runs of 25 Words or Less in the 11am hour. 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Matt S. said:

It's too early to speculate whether these new shows come back next year. This is only just their first week numbers. 

The only reason why Drew's show is up is because Nielsen is counting the ratings two separate half hours together. This is similar to what they do with Family Feud ratings since that show is aired multiple times a day. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Matt S. said:

only shows that look like they’re getting off the air after this season are ring nation (almost certain at this rate) 

It's pretty much late night or football filler and inexpensive like Byron Allen's shows, and they'll definitely make as many as they can to fill up an AVOD Freevee channel (same for Byron/Local Now). On this one, there's no realistic ratings payoff needed because the entire point is 'all publicity is good' for Ring.

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

The only reason why Drew's show is up is because Nielsen is counting the ratings two separate half hours together. This is similar to what they do with Family Feud ratings since that show is aired multiple times a day. 

I will say though sticking the interviews in the first half-hour makes the show flow a lot better than the second which used to lead the show.

On October 10 at 11:30, KRIV Fox 26 will debut a new late-night show entitled "Nightcap", hosted by Carolina Sanchez, and it will apparently be simulcast on KTXH My 20 Vision. As a result of this happening, here are the changes for KRIV and KTXH starting October 10:

• On Fox 26, "You Bet Your Life" (repeat), "TMZ", and "Dish Nation" all move up one half-hour, taking "Divorce Court" off 26's schedule.
  • On KTXH My 20 Vision, "Access Hollywood" will move to 9:30pm following "The Big Bang Theory" and replacing "The Simpsons", which, according to TVPassport, will be off 20 Vision's schedule and off Houston airwaves completely.

You have to go to MGM website to get to Ring Nation where they have a link where it is shown across the country wasn't cleared in West Michigan only cleared in 2 markets in Michigan Detroit as someone already mention and Lansing.

TMZ renewed for 3 more seasons along with TMZ Live as well that was a given as Fox bought TMZ last year I was surprised that WB didn't sell Extra to Fox as well since I know Extra is on most Fox O&O's in major markets.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

You have to go to MGM website to get to Ring Nation where they have a link where it is shown across the country wasn't cleared in West Michigan only cleared in 2 markets in Michigan Detroit as someone already mention and Lansing.

TMZ renewed for 3 more seasons along with TMZ Live as well that was a given as Fox bought TMZ last year I was surprised that WB didn't sell Extra to Fox as well since I know Extra is on most Fox O&O's in major markets.

Link here, for the "benefit" of everyone else here.

But yeah, that market list doesn't inspire hope for the show's future. A lot of big markets are missing, including NY and LA, with Chicago being the largest to actually clear it. There's even entire geographical regions where the show is rare to nonexistent; in all of my native New England, for example, there's literally one market where you can watch it, Burlington-Plattsburgh, and even that's shared with upstate New York. Unless the show is really, really, really cheap, I don't see it sticking around for more than one season, if that.

Edited by Adam MadMan

On 10/4/2022 at 10:29 AM, Adam MadMan said:

Link here, for the "benefit" of everyone else here.

Oh s*it. Looks like I lied when I said...

On 9/19/2022 at 8:27 AM, kfc513 said:

Cincinnati, OH: No clearances / Apparently everyone here agrees with the petition!

WCPO airs it at 12:05am Sundays and 2:05am Mondays.

Edited by kfc513

One month in to the new season, and WRC 4 Washington DC is already futzing with its schedule:

Dateline and NBC News Daily have switched places (Dateline now at noon and NBC News Daily now at 3pm).  Access and Kelly kept their 2022-23 season timeslots (1pm and 2pm, respectively), so far...

Jim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, compubit said:

One month in to the new season, and WRC 4 Washington DC is already futzing with its schedule:

Dateline and NBC News Daily have switched places (Dateline now at noon and NBC News Daily now at 3pm).  Access and Kelly kept their 2022-23 season timeslots (1pm and 2pm, respectively), so far...

Jim

Wonder if they want to have one of the western feeds since Aaron anchors there. Surprised they didn’t follow the other O&Os in moving Kelly to 3pm (and have Dateline at 2pm, Access at 1pm, and NBCND at 12noon).

I must say with regards to NBC News Daily that I’m surprised they don’t have their strongest anchors (Kate and Aaron) anchoring the “East coast” feeds. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, TVNewsLover said:

Wonder if they want to have one of the western feeds since Aaron anchors there. Surprised they didn’t follow the other O&Os in moving Kelly to 3pm (and have Dateline at 2pm, Access at 1pm, and NBCND at 12noon).

I must say with regards to NBC News Daily that I’m surprised they don’t have their strongest anchors (Kate and Aaron) anchoring the “East coast” feeds. 

I'm sure getting Aaron back on the air at WRC was part of it (he's much more recognizable locally than Vicky Nguyen), but the promos are basically saying they're starting with the "News that Matters from around the world" at 3 leading to the "News that Matters on  your street" at 4 (I don't recall if they actually used "News that Matters", but that's the general gist) - I'm surprised they're not promoting the non-stop news lineup from 3 until 7:30 (yet...)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, compubit said:

I'm sure getting Aaron back on the air at WRC was part of it (he's much more recognizable locally than Vicky Nguyen), but the promos are basically saying they're starting with the "News that Matters from around the world" at 3 leading to the "News that Matters on  your street" at 4 (I don't recall if they actually used "News that Matters", but that's the general gist) - I'm surprised they're not promoting the non-stop news lineup from 3 until 7:30 (yet...)

'RC having their newscasts at 4,5 and STILL with their 3 decade run of their 6p "Full Story In A Full Hour" newscasts and NIGHTLY at 7p...

1 hour ago, groupwfan said:

'RC having their newscasts at 4,5 and STILL with their 3 decade run of their 6p "Full Story In A Full Hour" newscasts and NIGHTLY at 7p...

I chalk it up to how traffic in DC is hell (and the Metro frequently has problems). Probably the same reason why WSB still runs World News Tonight at 7.

• Like 1

I was a bit surprised with WJZ in Baltimore moved CBS Evening news up a half hour - they’ve had the 6pm news hour for years, even before they even had a 5pm newscast (and 2 & 11 did…)

Granted, they did add a 7pm half hour…

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2022 at 2:26 AM, H-Town TV Fan said:

On October 10 at 11:30, KRIV Fox 26 will debut a new late-night show entitled "Nightcap", hosted by Carolina Sanchez, and it will apparently be simulcast on KTXH My 20 Vision. As a result of this happening, here are the changes for KRIV and KTXH starting October 10:

• On Fox 26, "You Bet Your Life" (repeat), "TMZ", and "Dish Nation" all move up one half-hour, taking "Divorce Court" off 26's schedule.
  • On KTXH My 20 Vision, "Access Hollywood" will move to 9:30pm following "The Big Bang Theory" and replacing "The Simpsons", which, according to TVPassport, will be off 20 Vision's schedule and off Houston airwaves completely.

Well, check that. "Nightcap" is NOT being simulcast on KTXH and "The Simpsons" at 9:30pm and "Access Hollywood" at 11:30pm are staying as-is.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2022 at 11:51 AM, Nelson R. said:

KCBS has flipped Drew Barrymore and Let’s Make a Deal as of today…both half hours of Drew move to 2pm and LMAD moves back to 9am. 

https://www.tvpassport.com/tv-listings/stations/cbs-kcbs-los-angeles-ca/2172

I don't know why they switch LMAD off the 9am in the first place last season. Glad it's been corrected.

Anywho, Kelly Clarkson just been rewarded a two-season renewal on the NBC O&Os today.

• Like 4

Another interesting note about Drew; today they moved the Drew's News segment from leading the second half-hour back to the top of the first half-hour before the day's celebrity interview. Guess some who did have the split-schedule gave feedback about it.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

WSB moves Tamron back to 3pm today with the midterms being over. No more 3pm news. WSB Tonight and ET repeats take over at 1:36am.

Well, maybe not. Looking like a runoff. 

Edited by Greggo
  • Sad 1

• 24994J locked this topic