Syndicated News for the 2022-23 TV Season

H-Town TV Fan

WZZM: Will air S.W.A.T. Sat at 11:30PM that was Major Crimes time slot which is now only 1AM late Sat/early Sun , I think they'll take 911 even know on Sep 18 still says Castle double run from Sun 11:30PM to 1:30AM. Weekend stays as is for WZZM.

WWMT: SSN: The Short List will air Sat at 4AM to 4:30AM replacing The Jokers show from TruTV which sister station CW7 aired on Sun from 5PM to 6PM, Magnum P.I. Late Sun/early Mon 12AM or 12:30AM due to NFL doubleheader weeks on CBS. Weekend Sep 17 & 18.

CW7: The Sports Greatest Legend Then & Now Sat at 1PM to 1:30PM, The Immortals 1:30PM to 2PM seems like The Immortals gets a triple run, WOW Womens Of Wrestling 2PM to 3PM & gets 10:30PM to 11:30PM in the old ROH time slot on Sat, CW7 maybe putting a movie in late night which they aired in the afternoons on Sat in the late Sat/early Sun at 1:30AM to 3:30AM sometimes 4AM. Weekend Sep 17 & 18.

WXSP: Heartland Sat at 3PM to 4PM which moves from 10:30PM on Sun, American Housewife M-Sa 5PM to 6PM I already said that in another post other than Sat, The Neighborhood will get a full hour on Sun at 4PM to 5PM, American Ninja Warrior moves out of it's Sun night block at 8PM to 10PM since fall of 2016 splitting 3PM to 4PM & 10:30PM to 11:30PM, The Good Doctor will air from 8PM to 10PM Sun, weekend of Sep 17 & 18.

WXMI Fox17: Drew Barrymore moves from 10AM to 11AM to 12PM to 1PM on Sep 12 saw the promo while watching the TMZ special on Micheal Jackson's death, which I'm guessing that The List will air at 10AM to 10:30AM, You Bet Your Life 10:30AM to 11AM. Even know TV Passport has The List at 9:30AM which there wrong they still have the old RTM & Daily Mail TV in the same time slot, even know TV Passport has Just For Laughs this week only at 1PM to 1:30PM and paid programming at 1:30PM to 2PM. Makes sense that Fox17 wanted to pair JHud with a talker, just waiting on 2PM to 3PM time slot as TV Titan as TV Passport the same in the time slots.    

Edited by Megatron81

4 hours ago, Matt S. said:

gonna bring a new market to this thread - orlando. these are weekday changes - might post weekends later? idk 

WESH - the kelly clarkson show at 3pm starting 9/12 (tamron hall remains at 2pm. I guess they backed out of getting our rights to Jennifer Hudson? Was a huge window open for WFTV to take Tamron and their lineup is paying for it. )

WKMG - no changes. not that they ever want to spend money on syndication except the 2 shows they currently have 

WFTV - the early exit of Judge Jerry and loss of a chance at Tamron makes this lineup weird. rightthisminute got replaced with just for laughs gags at 9:30am on 9/5, and is being replaced with Hot Bench on 9/12 (which I assume is a placeholder for ring nation.......if it even gets on the air.) also kelly clarkson isn't being cleared in Orlando this week - don't ask me how that's possible. any 10am is now 2 of many Family Feud runs this week on WFTV/WRDQ. 3:30pm is still Family Feud/Jeopardy as it has been since 7/26. on 9/12 10am is gonna change to iCrime. 

WKCF - obvious drew barrymore cut to 30 mins at 10am (we're not clearing the second half hour). lauren lake moves in at 10:30am. Maury slides to 11am until Karamo on 9/19. 2 Steve blocks at 12pm and 3pm as Jerry moves to 1pm, second Maury at 2pm. American Housewife and the Neighborhood at 4 and 6pm hours, The Goldbergs moves to 5pm. Mom slides to the midnight side of the comedy block. 

WRDQ - relative justice FINALLY gets cleared in Orlando at 10am. game show block is officially dead - Chicago Fire and SVU at 11am and 12pm. WFTV news repeat at 1. Dateline moves back (I guess last season's move to WRBW was a last second decision) at 2pm and 9pm. Sitcom block stays put at 3pm-5pm. 5-7pm is doing a bunch of random placeholders and stuff - Family Feud remains at 7 and 7:30. ICrime at 8pm. The First 48 moves from CW18 weekend slots to WRDQ weekdays at 2am - many of these changes are happening 9/12. 

WOFL - Sherri/Jennifer at 10/11am, no other changes except Pictionary at 2pm and Nick Cannon at....11:35pm, a late night talk show of sorts until it finally leaves the lineup. judge judy remains at 4pm till someone realizes these are repeats. 

WRBW - judge mabalean's 2 year clearance in Orlando ends - at least this week. no extreme changes except Sherri/Jennifer at 3 and 4pm, Nick Cannon at 9pm, and the sitcoms slated to leave this season will leave. 

did not mean to bury half the page with my list but this is what's happening in Orlando. 

First off, welcome to the forums.

Second, Nick Cannon still in reruns? What the hell? His show got canceled this season, but your telling me reruns will stick around for another year?

4 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

First off, welcome to the forums.

Second, Nick Cannon still in reruns? What the hell? His show got canceled this season, but your telling me reruns will stick around for another year?

I checked the program guide 2 weeks ahead out of curiosity, and it checks out. It’s replacing an 11:30pm airing of TMZ Live on WOFL.

8 hours ago, Matt S. said:

gonna bring a new market to this thread - orlando. these are weekday changes - might post weekends later? idk 

WESH - the kelly clarkson show at 3pm starting 9/12 (tamron hall remains at 2pm. I guess they backed out of getting our rights to Jennifer Hudson? Was a huge window open for WFTV to take Tamron and their lineup is paying for it. )

WKMG - no changes. not that they ever want to spend money on syndication except the 2 shows they currently have 

WFTV - the early exit of Judge Jerry and loss of a chance at Tamron makes this lineup weird. rightthisminute got replaced with just for laughs gags at 9:30am on 9/5, and is being replaced with Hot Bench on 9/12 (which I assume is a placeholder for ring nation.......if it even gets on the air.) also kelly clarkson isn't being cleared in Orlando this week - don't ask me how that's possible. any 10am is now 2 of many Family Feud runs this week on WFTV/WRDQ. 3:30pm is still Family Feud/Jeopardy as it has been since 7/26. on 9/12 10am is gonna change to iCrime. 

WKCF - obvious drew barrymore cut to 30 mins at 10am (we're not clearing the second half hour). lauren lake moves in at 10:30am. Maury slides to 11am until Karamo on 9/19. 2 Steve blocks at 12pm and 3pm as Jerry moves to 1pm, second Maury at 2pm. American Housewife and the Neighborhood at 4 and 6pm hours, The Goldbergs moves to 5pm. Mom slides to the midnight side of the comedy block. 

WRDQ - relative justice FINALLY gets cleared in Orlando at 10am. game show block is officially dead - Chicago Fire and SVU at 11am and 12pm. WFTV news repeat at 1. Dateline moves back (I guess last season's move to WRBW was a last second decision) at 2pm and 9pm. Sitcom block stays put at 3pm-5pm. 5-7pm is doing a bunch of random placeholders and stuff - Family Feud remains at 7 and 7:30. ICrime at 8pm. The First 48 moves from CW18 weekend slots to WRDQ weekdays at 2am - many of these changes are happening 9/12. 

WOFL - Sherri/Jennifer at 10/11am, no other changes except Pictionary at 2pm and Nick Cannon at....11:35pm, a late night talk show of sorts until it finally leaves the lineup. judge judy remains at 4pm till someone realizes these are repeats. 

WRBW - judge mabalean's 2 year clearance in Orlando ends - at least this week. no extreme changes except Sherri/Jennifer at 3 and 4pm, Nick Cannon at 9pm, and the sitcoms slated to leave this season will leave. 

did not mean to bury half the page with my list but this is what's happening in Orlando. 

One thing that sticks out to me about Orlando is how inferior WFTV’s lineup is compared to sister station WSOC’s. I guess WESH and WOFL are stronger stations. Now they lose Kelly Clarkson for…iCrime. But WSOC is a top two station in the market. Though I wish WSOC would get a 4pm news. Even if they put it on WAXN.

DC:

WRC: The post-Days/post-Ellen early afternoon lineup is 12pm: NBC News Now, 1pm: Access Daily, 2pm: Kelly, 3pm: Dateline. So unlike the other O&O's they didn't move Kelly to 3pm. And Days aired at 1pm.

WTTG: A late-morning spinoff of local 7pm show Like It or Not airs at 11am. Then it's Sherri at 12pm and Jennifer Hudson at 1pm. Just like in Orlando, I still see Nick Cannon scheduled, staying at 2pm. Tamron Hall, which aired at 1pm, is now on at 2pm on WDCA.

WJLA: The first half hour of Drew Barrymore stays at 3pm while the second half-hour is at 1:36 am. Daytime Jeopardy will air at 3:30.

WUSA: No changes.

WFTV is usually number one on Orlando but it is surprising, when I look at WSB, that they don''t have Kelly and Ryan, Kelly Clarkson, or Tamron and WSB does.  One other big difference is that WSB and WSOC have Entertainment Tonight at 7:30 while WFTV has Wheel of Fortune (although I wouldn't say that's an inferior program).

And I agree about a 4 PM newscast on WSOC; I'm puzzled as to why they haven't started one when WBTV and WCNC have, and Charlotte is a big-enough market for it to work  (after all, there are three 4 PM newscasts each in Raleigh and Greensboro).

Still amazing that "Afternoon Focus" seems to be rolling out on Scripps' smaller stations.  Still waiting to see if stations like WXYZ, WEWS, WMAR, WCPO, WTVF, WFTS, and KNXV pick it up.

Edited by 24994J

8 hours ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

I checked the program guide 2 weeks ahead out of curiosity, and it checks out. It’s replacing an 11:30pm airing of TMZ Live on WOFL.

It took me a bit to realize this, but I assume it's staying on a couple weeks because it'll eventually be the slot where a delayed-week run of Sherri will go, so the reruns are just backfill until the archive is built up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

It took me a bit to realize this, but I assume it's staying on a couple weeks because it'll eventually be the slot where a delayed-week run of Sherri will go, so the reruns are just backfill until the archive is built up.

From what I read on the other board, the reruns are supposed to end the 23RD. I think WCCB will pick up a rerun of Karamo in his slot (1am) beginning the 26th.

I missed KNXV in the listing for Afternoon Focus.  But it still surprises me that the show isn't being carried in Scripps' home market.  Not only that but Cincinnati, while maybe not as big as Phoenix or Tampa, is a sight bigger than Lafayette, LA or Tallahassee.  Maybe WCPO will pick it up later.  I'll also be watching to see if WTVF does so; this one's going to be iffy if it's meant to be an afternoon show.  They've got Kelly Clarkson at 3, Newschannel 5 at 4, and Inside Edition at 4:30.  If Afternoon Focus gets on in Nashville, I suspect Inside Edition would have to go.

12 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

One thing that sticks out to me about Orlando is how inferior WFTV’s lineup is compared to sister station WSOC’s. I guess WESH and WOFL are stronger stations. Now they lose Kelly Clarkson for…iCrime. But WSOC is a top two station in the market. Though I wish WSOC would get a 4pm news. Even if they put it on WAXN.

wow that is a stark contrast between WFTV and WSOC. WFTV has three daily runs of Family Feud on an ABC affiliate! Thats a CW tier lineup!

Meanwhile at WSOC it's strange to see Kelly and Ryan Wendy Williams on the same station. Aside from a few exceptions I always picture Wendy  as a Fox/CW/MNT talk show. Overall, SOC has a solid lineup.

Edited by iron_lion
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, bpatrick said:

And I agree about a 4 PM newscast on WSOC; I'm puzzled as to why they haven't started one when WBTV and WCNC have, and Charlotte is a big-enough market for it to work  (after all, there are three 4 PM newscasts each in Raleigh and Greensboro).

WJZY is also on at 4pm so if WSOC were to add one, there'd be four.

• Sad 1

Something I just noticed for KIRO…apparently they are trying to be a Scripps station now…they are picking up “The  List” and “Afternoon Focus” at 3 and 3:30 to replace Judge Judy next week which is moving to KCPQ/KJZO. I don’t think any of us had that on our bingo card. The previous day’s ET replaced Right This Minute this week at 2:30 after the Bold and the Beautiful. And the 4pm news also premieres next week. 

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

Something I just noticed for KIRO…apparently they are trying to be a Scripps station now…they are picking up “The  List” and “Afternoon Focus” at 3 and 3:30 to replace Judge Judy next week which is moving to KCPQ/KJZO. I don’t think any of us had that on our bingo card. The previous day’s ET replaced Right This Minute this week at 2:30 after the Bold and the Beautiful. And the 4pm news also premieres next week. 

Interesting news. I don’t think KIRO is trying to be a Scripps station; my guess is there are some people who used to work at KIRO that now work for Scripps or vice versa, and they had a hand in getting “Afternoon Focus” and “The List” on the station. Maybe I’m wrong…..

4 minutes ago, J1975am said:

Interesting news. I don’t think KIRO is trying to be a Scripps station; my guess is there are some people who used to work at KIRO that now work for Scripps or vice versa, and they had a hand in getting “Afternoon Focus” and “The List” on the station. Maybe I’m wrong…..

Or, more likely, there was just no other program inventory they were interested in buying to fill out the 3pm hour. I can’t imagine those shows are all that expensive, and they’ll work as lead-ins to their new 4pm newscast.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Some odd last-minute changes at KPRC/Houston, made by the new GM who just arrived from KSAT. With less than a week’s notice, Houston Life gets demoted to its old spot, 1p, starting Monday. It was just announced on air today. The show had been on at 3p. But the changes start earlier, at 11a. The Midday newscast gets shortened by 30 minutes. A day-old episode of ET airs at 11:30a, instead of 12:30p. The noon news expands to an hour. So still 90 minutes of news, just in a weird configuration. I’m not really sure why they insist on running the ET repeat. Just do 2 straight hours of news. Putting it in between two newscasts is … bizarre. Anyway, Houston Life as said above airs at 1p, where NBC News Live was supposed to run. Now, NBC News Live will air at 2p (Is there even a live feed at that hour?) and Dr. Phil is at 3p. NBC News Live will kill the afternoon momentum, IMHO. Anyway, this is all dramatically different from the schedule they had been promoting just days ago. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Greggo said:

Now, NBC News Live will air at 2p (Is there even a live feed at that hour?)

NBC News Daily will air live for four hours every day, one hour for each time zone (minus Alaska and Hawaii). So, KPRC must be taking the Pacific time hour of the newscast with Kate Snow and Aaron Gilchrist.

Edited by Georgie56
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

NBC News Daily will air live for four hours every day, one hour for each time zone (minus Alaska and Hawaii). So, KPRC must be taking the Pacific time hour of the newscast with Kate Snow and Aaron Gilchrist.

There’s a small market station in Minnesota (KMNT I believe) that is taking the noon ET feed so it will air at 11am CT there.

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Like 1

second attempt at orlando weekend posts! not sure why the other one wasn't approved but that's out of my control. 

WESH - nothing. bucs shows from WFLA Saturday nights still, Access Hollywood Weekend Sunday nights. 

WKMG - no changes either. graham media must runs on Saturday nights when needed. Inside Edition Weekend remains on Sunday nights at 11:35pm. 

WFTV - The Good Doctor comes to Saturday nights starting 9/19 (signifigantly out of order due to the conners and the abc fall preview, and then Jeopardy and WoF). castle is gone. Magnum P.I. on Sunday nights, followed by Heartland (the other Sunday run is apparently gone from wrdq) 

WKCF - The Rookie on Saturday afternoons replacing the former weekend The First 48 reruns. sitcom block starts at 4pm now due to american housewife. sitcom block time changes are same as the weekends - Saturday nights at 4am are now sos: how to survive (weird and random clearance for orlando to get at that time). sundays are S.W.A.T. - now at 3 and 4pm, and 9-1-1 at 5 and 6pm. orlando apparently has decided that macgyver (previously at 4pm weekends) isn't something this market needs to see. but we need 7(!!!) episodes of young sheldon on weekends. 

WRDQ - managed to pick up WOW: Women of Wrestling. also home to some of the runs of TGD/SEAL Team/Magnum PI. The schedule is gonna vary every weekend since for some reason they're airing college football now. possible home of macgyver when orlando finally realizes someone needs to pick it up. 

WOFL - no weekend changes except Dateline weekend runs are gone due to the overall move back to WDRQ after just leaving WRDQ in 2020-21. 

WRBW - still home to 2 of Orlando's 3 weekend movie blocks. no other changes other than the Sunday sitcom constantly moving times and the sitcoms that are leaving syndication this year leaving in their respective weeks.

many of these changes begin September 17 and 18.

3 hours ago, Greggo said:

I’m not really sure why they insist on running the ET repeat. Just do 2 straight hours of news.

Whatever CBSMV is called this season must've demanded they carry that second-run (and not after the news replay overnight) is the only thing I can think of and it was out of the station's hands.

On another note for a show ending tomorrow...anyone working on DailyMailTV must be cursing that they didn't get to end the show with today's news.

• Like 2

• 24994J locked this topic