Syndicated News for the 2022-23 TV Season

H-Town TV Fan

More updates from Houston: 

• KIAH will air "The Good Doctor" at 12:00pm starting September 17, and "WOW: Women of Wrestling" will be airing on KIAH at 11:00pm on that same day. "Storm of Suspicion" also moves to KIAH from KTXH at 3:00am in the early hours of September. And my earlier prediction was right: "Relative Justice" and "Paternity Court" WILL air at 4:00am and 4:30am respectively in the very early morning hours starting September 19, to make room for "Karamo" at noon.
  • "9-1-1" --> ABC O&O KTRK in the early hours of September 18 at 12:05am. Seeing that this is a Fox show, not an ABC show, this reminds me of one time when, for a year or two, KHOU-11 (my local CBS affiliate) aired "White Collar", which was produced by Fox, syndicated by 20th Television, and originally aired on USA Network, as one of their late-night weekend dramas (it surprisingly enough didn't air on KRIV Fox 26 or KTXH My20). I personally find the "9-1-1" airings on ABC 13 to make more sense seeing that 20th Television (formerly 20th Century Fox Television) is now corporately under Disney's watch, just like ABC is. ABC 13 will also air "The Rookie" on late Sunday/early Monday starting September 19.
  • "Magnum P.I." (the 2018 reboot) will replace "Bull" at 12:30am on September 18 on KHOU 11.
  • As for KPRC, the "Dr. Phil" and "NBC News Daily" timeslots are swapped for some reason, putting the former back in the 1:00pm slot. Is this some kind of error by TV Passport (the TV listing site I'm currently using)? And I thought "Impractical Jokers" was leaving syndication? It's still scheduled on September 18 and 19 (the early morning hours).
  • I'm not sure if I've already mentioned this, but KTXH will air "Law & Order: SVU" on the weekends starting September 17, with Saturday being a double run. The weekend runs of "Judge Judy" move to 2:00pm and 2:30pm on the same day. "Modern Family's" weekend quadruple run moves to Sundays from 8:00pm-10:00pm.
Edited by H-Town TV Fan
To periodically add more updates.
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, H-Town TV Fan said:

If that weren't weird enough, how about Daytime "Jeopardy!" in late night? KTRK in Houston has got you covered.

A lot of affiliates do that, including some of the ABC O&O's. WABC airs it at 2:37 AM. WPVI does not carry it anymore since they start their morning news at 4:00 AM (WABC starts it at 4:30) so there's no room in the overnight lineup for it. KGO added it this past season at 4:00 AM. KABC does not carry it, but it's only a matter of time before they decide to drop the last remaining portion of ABC World News Now on the lineup and need something to replace it with.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, WheelWarrior said:

^ At this rate, I won't be surprised if by the end of the decade, J! is offered up to a quad run and Wheel is still one single run restricted to the prime access hour. 

There won't be a "Daytime Wheel of Fortune" run until Pat and Vanna retire. Also have to consider the void (especially on the coasts) between Nightline and World News Now with 4 a.m. becoming the new 4:30 a.m. When America This Morning (ABC's early morning newscast) starts taping live at 3:30AM in New York City, that gap in between (1:05am-2:00am) will become so small that those who wish to watch same-day repeats of Live! and Tamron Hall will have to make use of their DVRs (assuming that ABC does not pull off what NBC is thinking of doing in primetime) for there will only be 55 minutes in between. Yes, we do get an additional hour in Houston, but it's still so little time to where only a West Coast rebroadcast of World News Tonight and either the Jeopardy! repeat or a rebroadcast of the late news will do.

Edited by SS8609
  • Like 2

On 8/18/2022 at 4:46 PM, NEOMatrix said:

If it wasn’t for WFMJ wanting to counterprogram WKBN at 5pm with Maury, then Oprah, then Ellen, WFMJ would’ve done it YEARS ago.

That pretty funny, but that small market finally moving into 5pm news arena is funny!

On 8/18/2022 at 3:52 PM, Nelson R. said:

I didn’t know that. Well move that to 7:30 and put all three BBT episodes on WPCH. 

Look for CBS46 to produced a 10pm news on Peachtree TV 17 coming soon.

According to Erik Schrader on a podcast saying they're working on a 10pm show.

https://www.rbr.com/the-infocus-podcast-erik-schrader/

Edited by Breaking News
  • Like 1

[info courtesy of Zap2It]

For the Lafayette, LA market:

—KATC: 

-Drew Barrymore remains at 9a (with both half-hours back-to-back; weird, I know)

-Jeopardy! moves to 3p, with Inside Edition moving to 4:30p

-The List airs at 3:30p (it had previously aired in the overnight hours)

-A program called Afternoon Focus will air at 4p (this must be a Scripps-produced program, being that I saw in a previous post that WTMJ in Milwaukee is carrying it)

-25 Words or Less airs at 12:35a

—KLFY:

-no changes

—KADN:

-Back-to-back episodes of Pictionary replace Maury at 3p

-The Neighborhood (back-to-back eps) replace Daily Mail TV and Mike & Molly at 10p

-American Housewife (back-to-back eps) at 1a

-Modern Family moves to 11p, with Two & a Half Men at 12 midnight

—KLAF:

-NBC News Daily replaces Days of Our Lives at 1p

-a run of The People’s Court airs at 2p, replacing The Doctors (not sure if it’s a placeholder or if it’s permanent)

—MyAcadianaTV (KADN 15.3):

-another ep of Family Feud replaces Right This Minute at 9a

-Highway Through Hell (off-Weather Channel reruns) air at 1p

46 minutes ago, Big Rollo Smokes said:

I haven't seen anything in this thread about Boston.

But, Scott Fybush at NERW.com posted this tidbit yesterday (Sept. 5)...

Screenshot_20220906_081706.thumb.jpg.05d13a32f9b49c572011a3232f462ed9.jpg

So I posted in the Discord that they've gone back to their longtime brand TV38 again, which I don't know how long ago that started, but still, seeing this doesn't surprise me. 

9 minutes ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

And it's followed by Steve Wilkos. Interesting. Never seen school districts or schools put their classes on OTA TV. I've only seen it for churches during their Sunday services.

Kansas City schools had an hour of virtual classes during COVID on KMCI, an independent station.

• Like 2

Courtesy of TV Listings Android App.

KDFW - Sherri (11AM), Jennifer Hudson (1pm)

KXAS - NBC News Daily (12pm), Dateline (1pm), Access Hollywood Daily (2pm)

WFAA - No Change

KTVT - CBS 11 News at 9am, Drew Barrymore (9:30am), LMAD moves to 2pm

KTXA - Scene of The Crime (8am), The Neighborhood (Full Hour 10:30pm), American Housewife (Full Hour 11:30pm) 

KDFI - Pictionary (Full Hour 1pm)

KDAF - NewsNation's Early Morning (5AM), Morning in America (6-9am)

• Like 1

From NYC:

WCBS: CBS 2 News at 9a, Drew Barrymore Show (1/2) on 9/12. Magnum PI at 12:05a (sa) + 1:05a (su) weekend of 9/17-18. Major Crimes at (sa) 2:05a + SEAL Team (su) at 2:05a replaces BULL that same weekend.

WNBC: NBC News Daily at 12p, Dateline (from WWOR) at 1p, Access Daily at 2p on 9/12. Days of our lives moves to Peacock on same day. One other syndie, Housesmarts, usually air early saturdays is off the sked. 

WNYW: People's court RR is a placeholder at 1p this week only, It competes - get ready - against another usual RR of people's court on sister station My9 at 1p. Sherri at 10a + Jennifer Hudson show at 11a on 9/12. (replaces Wendy + Nick Cannon) Pictionary + You Bet Your life (1) at 1-2p also on 9/12. YBYL (2) and TMZ switch places with the former at 6:30p + the latter at 7:30p. One other syndie, coffee with America, has a spinoff under the EXTRA banner airing early sat 4:30a before the main show.

WABC: 9-1-1 RRs late night saturdays 9/17. Though it says ''To be Announced'' on Zap2it, No word on what will take place on late night sundays. Wipeout RRs finished this past weekend, so Byron Allen's ES.TV ilks will fill in for 1 wk.

WWOR: Nick Cannon, as a placeholder, covers 1p (its other run remain at 12:30a) as Dateline moves to WNBC by 9/12. One may have to believe at some point at second run of Maury may be more feasible than a talk show that's already out of circuit by then. Similarly TMZ Live encore could come back at 12:30a. Sherri (2nd run) at 3p + J-Hud (2nd run) at 5p. Pictionary (2nd run) at 12a. 

WLNY: Jerry Springer 2x at 6a + 8a (latter replaces the doctors) + CBS News NY at 7a on 9/12. Why not a 2-hr morning news instead is beyond me. We the People With Judge Lauren Lake replaces an airing of America's Court at 10:30a. American Housewife replaces Mike + Molly (2x) at 5p. The Neighborhood replaces 2 broke girls at 11p (2x). Family guy (2x) + Bob's Burgers (2x) at 12a + 1a starting this week. Dr. Phil encore at 3a holds over this week for Drew Barrymore next week (first 1/2 will be encore from 9a, second 1/2 is other first run airing at 3:30a) Pawn stars + Storage Wars at 2-3a from 6-7a on 9/12-13. Impractical Jokers leaves the sked. WOW: women of Wrestling debuts 9/17 at 11p, encore on sun 11p.

WPIX: Couples court extend an 1/2 hr. at 11a, replacing Judge Jerry (leaving sked). Wilkos 2nd run at 1p, Pawn stars + informercial 2-3p are placeholders this week only. 1 hr informercials at 1p will be placeholder for 9/12 before Karamo debuts on 9/19. ICrime debuts at 2p + Wilkos 2nd run at 3p replaces DailyMail TV, also on 9/12. The Good Doctor debuts 9/17 at 3p, cuts S.W.A.T into 1 run.

No word of Ring Nation yet in this market, but already is causing a bit of controversy before it even debuts if you spend a little bit of time with google, just for a mere fact it is a thing...for now. 🤔

Edited by justin2kx

In Milwaukee…

Magnum PI (Saturday at 10am + Sunday at 11:30pm on WDJT) , 9-1-1 (Saturday and Sunday at 11am) and The Good Doctor (Sunday 7pm and 8pm) are all on WMLW; but interestingly, WOW Women of Wrestling seems to have been cleared on WVTV (Saturday at 4pm + Saturday at 2pm on WVTV-DT2) and WMLW (Saturday at 10pm and Sunday at 11pm)

And after a couple years without an off-net hour on the weekend, WISN has The Rookie (Saturday at 11:30pm and Sunday at midnight)

Edited by Glimmer

WJZY replaced Young Sheldon with Extra at 7pm as of yesterday 😞, didn’t think it was supposed to happen for 2 more weeks.

Also TMZ moves to 11:30pm and Access Hollywood will air at midnight probably starting the 12th and they will air the second run of Pictionary after all at 12:30am.

Young Sheldon will have just the one weekday airing at 10pm on WMYT as far as I know.

Also Karamo replaces the 2pm Maury airing on the 19th on WCCB. The website was wrong. And Chicago PD replaces Law and Order SVD at 11am on WAXN that day.

Weekend changes coming later.

17133ED9-8A43-4ED3-A9E8-2B222F16A3A7.jpeg

CC54B862-B8B5-436A-AAFD-CB0A8003FF59.png

Edited by Nelson R.

Changes in Chicago:

WBBM-TV: CBS 2 News at 9a, Drew Barrymore Show (1/2) on 9/12.

WMAQ: NBC News Daily at 12p, Dateline (from WPWR) at 1p, Access Daily at 2p on 9/12. Days of our lives moves to Peacock on same day.

WLS: No Changes

WGN: One syndie, Maury ended its production last season, reruns had transferred to WCIU on 9/12.

WFLD: Sherri at 10a + Jennifer Hudson show at 11a on 9/12. (replaces Wendy + Nick Cannon), The Real and The Good Dish both gone from the station. Last 8/8, Person, Place or Thing is tested for 4 weeks at 12a.

WCIU: Maury reruns (from WGN) at 11a and 3a (replaces Relative Justice at 11a) on 9/12, Karamo debuts at 12p on 9/19, The Neighborhood (2x) at 6p, American Housewife at 11p and both hours of The Drew Barrymore Show at 12a on 9/12, Chicago P.D. reruns (from WPWR) at 12p on Sundays from 9/18.

WPWR: Pictonary (2x) at 3p on 9/12, Last 8/8, Person, Place or Thing is tested for 4 weeks at 3:30p. One syndie, Dateline, which is aired at 10p, leaves the station for WMAQ, but they will continued to aired on the station as a weekly offering through MNTV.

gonna bring a new market to this thread - orlando. these are weekday changes - might post weekends later? idk 

WESH - the kelly clarkson show at 3pm starting 9/12 (tamron hall remains at 2pm. I guess they backed out of getting our rights to Jennifer Hudson? Was a huge window open for WFTV to take Tamron and their lineup is paying for it. )

WKMG - no changes. not that they ever want to spend money on syndication except the 2 shows they currently have 

WFTV - the early exit of Judge Jerry and loss of a chance at Tamron makes this lineup weird. rightthisminute got replaced with just for laughs gags at 9:30am on 9/5, and is being replaced with Hot Bench on 9/12 (which I assume is a placeholder for ring nation.......if it even gets on the air.) also kelly clarkson isn't being cleared in Orlando this week - don't ask me how that's possible. any 10am is now 2 of many Family Feud runs this week on WFTV/WRDQ. 3:30pm is still Family Feud/Jeopardy as it has been since 7/26. on 9/12 10am is gonna change to iCrime. 

WKCF - obvious drew barrymore cut to 30 mins at 10am (we're not clearing the second half hour). lauren lake moves in at 10:30am. Maury slides to 11am until Karamo on 9/19. 2 Steve blocks at 12pm and 3pm as Jerry moves to 1pm, second Maury at 2pm. American Housewife and the Neighborhood at 4 and 6pm hours, The Goldbergs moves to 5pm. Mom slides to the midnight side of the comedy block. 

WRDQ - relative justice FINALLY gets cleared in Orlando at 10am. game show block is officially dead - Chicago Fire and SVU at 11am and 12pm. WFTV news repeat at 1. Dateline moves back (I guess last season's move to WRBW was a last second decision) at 2pm and 9pm. Sitcom block stays put at 3pm-5pm. 5-7pm is doing a bunch of random placeholders and stuff - Family Feud remains at 7 and 7:30. ICrime at 8pm. The First 48 moves from CW18 weekend slots to WRDQ weekdays at 2am - many of these changes are happening 9/12. 

WOFL - Sherri/Jennifer at 10/11am, no other changes except Pictionary at 2pm and Nick Cannon at....11:35pm, a late night talk show of sorts until it finally leaves the lineup. judge judy remains at 4pm till someone realizes these are repeats. 

WRBW - judge mabalean's 2 year clearance in Orlando ends - at least this week. no extreme changes except Sherri/Jennifer at 3 and 4pm, Nick Cannon at 9pm, and the sitcoms slated to leave this season will leave. 

did not mean to bury half the page with my list but this is what's happening in Orlando. 

• Like 1

• 24994J locked this topic