Syndicated News for the 2022-23 TV Season

H-Town TV Fan

Charlotte Changes For The Week of September 12

WBTV—No Changes

WSOC—Sherri inherits Wendy Williams’ 10am time slot. A repeat of WSOC News Tonight replaces Daily Mail TV at 1:36am (but not until Tuesday night/Wednesday morning because of MNF). Law and Crime Daily replaces Right This Minute next week at 2:06am.

WCCB

10am/10:30 Drew Barrymore (replaces Steve Wilkos

11am Steve Wilkos (replaces Maury)

1pm Maury (replaces Steve Wilkos)

3pm Steve Wilkos (replaces Drew Barrymore)

4pm Jennifer Hudson (replaces Ellen)

6pm American Housewife x2 (replaces Mom and Mike and Molly)

7pm The Neighborhood x2 (replaces Blackish x2)

11:30pm Blackish x2 (replaces Two Broke Girls and the first half of the Kelly Clarkson encore)

12:30am Mom (replaces the second half of the Kelly Clarkson encore)

2am Jennifer Hudson encore (replaces an infomercial and Mom)

3am Kelly Clarkson encore (replaces “Rejoice With Pastor Dayna” and the first half of Drew Barrymore encore)

4am infomercial (replaces the second half of the Drew Barrymore encore)

I’m told Nick Cannon will not be going off the air til the 23RD. So maybe a Karamo encore takes his 1am spot the 26th? He’s supposed to be taking 3pm according to the website.

Tape delayed high school football from 11pm-1:30am Friday nights will be disrupting the late night schedule at least through the end of the regular season the last week of October. Maybe Blackish will be from 1:30-2:30am followed by Mom?

WCNC—Only change is simply swapping out Days of our Lives for NBC News Daily at 1pm. 

WJZY

11:30am Pictionary (replaces You Bet Your Life)

1pm Extra (replaces Dateline)

1:30 TMZ (replaces Dateline)

* Dateline is only a placeholder at 1pm this week and next after The Good Dish went bye bye last week. And is getting preempted for BBT and YS tomorrow because Penn State and Purdue is airing on Fox tomorrow night. Believe it or not that would’ve been a better permanent Good Dish replacement. But I think this will be the backup time slot for BBT and YS for when WJZY can’t air them at 7 and 7:30. Extra and TMZ are previous day’s repeats from 11:30 and midnight.

12:30am Access Hollywood (replaces You Bet Your Life encore). Apparently Nexstar decided to pick this up again but at the expense of the second run of Pictionary like it said on the website. But they can’t even run that at 1:30am? 

WMYT

11am We The People With Lauren Lake (replaces one run of Relative Justice)

1pm Dateline (replaces TMZ and Extra). Yes, Nexstar is swapping out the shows between the two stations, and for two weeks the same episode of Dateline will be running back to back at 1 & 2 on each station. 

2pm You Bet Your Life x 2 (replaces Dateline) So it gets a downgrade in stations but the second run gets an upgrade out of late night.

Also a reminder Last Man Standing finally gets cleared here next week on WMYT, at 6 and 6:30, which shifts Judge Mathis and People’s Court up an hour to 4 and 5.

I thought all along that Schitts Creek was leaving syndication but that may not be the case. It remains at 10:30pm. 

WAXN: The previous day’s Sherri replaces Wendy at 6am but obviously not until Tuesday the 13th.

The 4pm episode of Law and Order: SVU moves to 11am to replace The Doctors after holding down the fort for a week after Judge Jerry ends this week. That will air back to back at 11am

and noon so that makes sense.

A double run of iCrime replaces Law and Order: SVU at 4pm. 

Edited by Nelson R.

There's a new tradition in the subchannel market thanks to chains wanting to own their own networks (it's technically syndication); like for your local colleges, September 1/Labor Day is "Moving Day", and Weigel is seeing a lot of MeTV movement off stations this year thanks to Scripps and Sinclair wanting their own networks on their bandwidth. If you're 'lucky' enough to see MeTV switch to Stadium or Defy, this is why.

It's 100% dumb because there's no way Defy or Charge will get the same loyalty and other stations will grab those affiliations, and if not, Weigel has pushed for national deals to get the HD national version on cable, DIsh, and OTT providers. Thankfully a couple cases like Green Bay will be solved with Weigel O&Os being built out or purchased, but since 2018 this has seemed to be the time to launch new subchannels and end contracts.

On 8/30/2022 at 4:36 PM, Drew said:

I saw that KNDO was lahnching a 4pm and it looks like 1 full hour. What i see is weird looks like Q6 is only doing a 30 minute 4pm with judge Judy on at 4:30p. Unless the schedule was updated from last night 

I’m shocked that KNDO doesnt do a 6:30 yet or at least simulcast KHQ sand make it more for the whole KNDO KNDU KHQ

I don't bother watching the KHQ weekend newscasts on the central WA affiliates. Who in Yakima even gives a crud about a car crash on I-90 in POST FALLS, ID?! Q6 of course never talks about Tri-Cities or Yakima when the Sat/Sun news is on. Local news was dropped on weekends shortly after COVID lockdowns began and they have never returned since. KEPR is the only 'local' news on weekends (simulcasted to KIMA).

It still amazes me how over these past several years, Cowles hasn't given Monty Webb and his co-anchor 2 extra hrs. of pay on Fox 11/41 doing Wake Up Northwest instead of the KAYU Good Day Spokane show. Isn't that what a lot of stations do? KING 5 Seattle for example. News from 4:30 'til 7, then moves to their sister IND KONG 'til 9. It's been that way for nearly 20 years.

Anyways, off topic.

4 hours ago, tw-804 said:

• WRLH (FOX): As I mentioned back in late July, LIVE with Kelly and Ryan - remember, the show left WWBT's schedule in 2021 and was replaced by TODAY with Hoda & Jenna at 10am - returns to Richmond next Monday (Sept. 5th) at 11am, moving You Bet Your Life and 25 Words or Less to 10am and 10:30am respectively.

So through a change of stations, they still aren't 'live' with the east coast and WABC. Heh, it could be worse. For a blue moon circa 2003-2004, KAPP Yakima aired Regis & Kelly at 3pm!!

• Sad 1

CW7: The Immortal gets another run at 12AM late Sun/early Mon,

The Liquidator will take 12:30AM late Sun/early Mon,

LMS will get a better weekend time slot in 5PM to 6PM on Sun been on late Sun 10:30PM to 11:30PM until this spring when it took 12:30AM to 1:30AM time slot. Make room for The National Desk week and review at 10:30PM. I see that is a placeholder in Sun at 1PM where Wipeout had been for the last few years.

I thought that Schitt Creek was leaving syndication unless that is the 19TH or 26 of Sep?

WXSP: Got The Neighborhood that will air at 1AM which The First 48 is bumped to 1:30AM to 2:30AM which 2AM was paid programming for the last 2 years when Cops ended it's syndication on local TV stations. Kinda surprised as I thought that The Neighborhood was going to CW7. Also surprised that The X didn't put a second run of 2 Broke Girls or Mike & Molly in the late night hour this past year. Late night lineup stays as is from 10:30PM to 1AM & 2:30AM to 6AM. 

On 8/31/2022 at 12:09 AM, H-Town TV Fan said:

More information from Houston:

KPRC (NBC Ch. 2): No other changes for now, outside what @SS8609 has already mentioned.

KHOU (CBS Ch. 11): We now know what's going to replace "Ellen" at 3:00pm: a full hour of the Tegna-produced show "Daily Blast Live".

KTRK (ABC Ch. 13): No changes for now.

KTXH (Independent/MNTV Ch. 20): The "B" set of episodes of "Judge Judy" which currently airs at 2:00pm and 2:30pm moves to 10:00pm and 10:30pm starting September 12. To accommodate that change, "The Big Bang Theory" (the third of three episodes that air every weekday) and "The Simpsons" move up an hour and a half earlier to 9:00 and 9:30pm, respectively, and "Schitt's Creek" (I thought this show was leaving syndication, no?) moves to 11:00pm prior to "Access Hollywood". 

KRIV (Fox Ch. 26): The only thing I have of interest is "Nick Cannon" is listed at 1:00pm for some reason for September 12 (apparently it's staying around in reruns for at least one more week), though the "Pictionary" station list says it will air on 26 at 1:30pm...

KIAH (The CW Ch. 39): To make room for "The Neighborhood" coming to 4:00pm and 4:30pm on September 12, "Last Man Standing" and "The Goldbergs" will move to 1:00am and 2:00am, respectively; the latter will air as a double run. This all shifts "The Drew Barrymore Show" to 3:00am, and it's only a half-hour, so I'm not sure which half will air on 39. "Hot Bench" finally gets re-cleared in Houston after an absence of more than a year (it had aired on KUBE-TV Houston for its entire prior run before the station's owner, RNN, turned it into an all-shopping channel)--that's the good news. The bad news is, it's airing overnight at 3:30am. "Couples Court" is off the schedule starting in the overnight hours of Sept. 12, replaced with paid programming (I have a feeling, though, that "Relative Justice" will replace one of those paid programming slots when it and "Paternity Court" get replaced with "Karamo" on September 19). "American Housewife" has also been picked up by KIAH and will air at 1:30am.

Question Marks: I'm still wondering if the following shows will ever get re-cleared in the Houston area ever again:

• "Seinfeld"
  • "Family Guy"
  • "Bob's Burgers" (if it's still in syndication)
  • "The King of Queens" (not sure if this is still in syndication either)
  • About every other Entertainment Studios court show (i.e. "America's Court with Judge Ross", "The Verdict with Judge Hatchett", "Supreme Justice with Judge Karen")

Not to mention Rachael Ray, which like Hot Bench and Seinfeld reruns also disappeared when KUBE got turned into an all-shopping channel. Last I checked, that show has been renewed for a 17th season. Some thought it would have gone to Ellen's old time slot or even in the hour between KHOU's 10pm repeat and the CBS Overnight News, but instead Tegna is sticking with an hour of DBL in the former and infomercials in the latter, sensing that they're not going to invest much into it nor WFAA and KVUE before handing those stations over to Cox.

Also shall note that We the People with Lauren Lake (2:00pm double run on KTXH) is one of Byron Allen's court shows. The rest will not be airing in Houston apparently. Not that they matter...

Edited by SS8609

Dispatch from Savannah:

WSAV: Other than the mid-season changes they made in April, Rachael Ray moves from their CW subchannel to replace the Good Dish at 2pm.

WSAV CW: Apart from CW Plus changes, Pictionary replaces Rachael Ray at 1pm

WTOC: They're dropping Drew Barrymore in favor of a local talk show called "Afternoon Break" at 3pm, which is a continuation of their "Morning Break" franchise at 9am. This brings their weekday output to 8½ hours (trust me, there isn't that much that happens here).  Entertainment Tonight is now their only syndicated show at 7:30p

WJCL: Sherri Shepherd replaces Wendy at 10a, Dr. Phil moves to 3pm to replace Ellen, and Jennifer Hudson is at 4pm 

WTGS: iCrime runs at 6:30am and 11:30pm. Apparently only half of Barrymore runs at 9:30am, with an infomercial at 9a. Looks like the other half is not going to air here. Judge Mathis replaces The Real at 3pm, while also keeping its longstanding timeslot of 12pm.

Edited by froyo49

Terre Haute, Indiana:

WTWO picks up Tamron Hall at 3pm (coming to the market for the first time). Kelly Clarkson, previously at 3pm, moves up to 4pm. Not sure where the daytime run of Jeopardy! will go (it was at 4:30pm, following the cancelled Daily Mail TV).

WTHI-10.1 moves the primary run of You Bet Your Life from 10.2 to the 3pm slot, followed by Pictionary at 3:30pm. Jennifer Hudson will air at 4pm.

WTHI-10.2 picks up Sherri Shepherd at 2pm. A single run of American Housewife will air at 5:30pm.

WTHI-10.3 is pretty much the standard CW+ schedule (with additions like We The People). Nick Cannon reruns will likely get replaced by Karamo.

WAWV picks up iCrime with Elizabeth Vargas at 1:05am (replacing a run of Two and a Half Men, which will continue to air at 1:35am).

No sign of "The Neighborhood" or "Ring Nation".

In Raleigh, on September 12th,

WRAL-TV (NBC)

NBC news daily will air at 1PM (Replacing Days of Our Lives)

WTVD (ABC)

No Changes

WNCN (CBS)

3PM - Judge Judy x2 (Replacing Ellen)

WRAZ (Fox) 

9AM - WRAL news at 9AM on Fox 50
10AM - Sherri (replacing The Wendy Williams Show)

11AM - Nick Cannon (will be replaced by Karamo when that show premieres)

12PM - WRAL news at Noon on Fox 50

1PM - Justice with Judge Mablean

1:30PM - Pictionary (replacing Family Feud, which was a placeholder for Daily Blast Live)

2PM - The 700 Club

3PM - Jennifer Hudson (replacing The Doctors)

4PM - WRAL news at 4PM on Fox 50

5PM - The Drew Barrymore Show (yes, BOTH half hours)

6PM - Entertainment Tonight

6:30 - Family Feud x3

WLFL (The CW)

9AM - Law&Crime Daily (replacing The National Desk)

9:30AM - iCrime with Elizabeth Vargas (replacing The National Desk)

10AM - The Steve Wilkos Show

11AM - Maury

12PM - Jerry Springer

1PM - TMZ Live (replaces DailyMailTV and Dish Nation)

2PM - The Steve Wilkos Show

3PM - Jerry Springer

4PM - Maury

5PM - Blackish! x2 (Replacing TMZ and DailyMailTV)

6PM - Two and a Half Men x2 (Replacing You Bet Your Life)

7PM - The Big Bang Theory x2

WRDC (MyTV)

No Changes

Edited by TheMassMediaGeek

3 hours ago, TheMassMediaGeek said:

In Raleigh, on September 12th,

WRAL-TV (NBC)

NBC news daily will air at 1PM (Replacing Days of Our Lives)

WTVD (ABC)

No Changes

WNCN (CBS)

3PM - Judge Judy x2 (Replacing Ellen)

WRAZ (Fox) 

9AM - WRAL news at 9AM on Fox 50
10AM - Sherri (replacing The Wendy Williams Show)

11AM - Nick Cannon (will be replaced by Karamo when that show premieres)

12PM - WRAL news at Noon on Fox 50

1PM - Justice with Judge Mablean

1:30PM - Pictionary (replacing Family Feud, which was a placeholder for Daily Blast Live)

2PM - The 700 Club

3PM - Jennifer Hudson (replacing The Doctors)

4PM - WRAL news at 4PM on Fox 50

5PM - The Drew Barrymore Show (yes, BOTH half hours)

6PM - Entertainment Tonight

6:30 - Family Feud x3

WLFL (The CW)

9AM - Law&Crime Daily (replacing The National Desk)

9:30AM - iCrime with Elizabeth Vargas (replacing The National Desk)

10AM - The Steve Wilkos Show

11AM - Maury

12PM - Jerry Springer

1PM - TMZ Live (replaces DailyMailTV and Dish Nation)

2PM - The Steve Wilkos Show

3PM - Jerry Springer

4PM - Maury

5PM - Blackish! x2 (Replacing TMZ and DailyMailTV)

6PM - Two and a Half Men x2 (Replacing You Bet Your Life)

7PM - The Big Bang Theory x2

WRDC (MyTV)

No Changes

WRAZ late night. Raleigh only gets one American Housewife which means they only get every other episode 🙄 but they do get another Young Sheldon

4550AA85-7FB0-4168-AC19-8FD0089871E2.png

On 8/30/2022 at 9:39 PM, Superdude said:

Looks like Jennifer Hudson is the new Kelly Clarkson as her show replaced The Real at 1:05 on WTAE-TV.  Hopefully Clarkson on WTAE at 3pm won't tank the 5pm news.  WPXI had her show at 3am for a reason. 

I wonder what WPXI will have at 3 instead of Judge Judy?  Hopefully not more news.

It would not shock me if more news gets added at WPXI. I'm not saying they will, but if they did, it would not be a surprise. It is surprising to see Judge Judy move to WPGH however. I didn't expect that. 

And Kelly Clarkson's show is obviously getting an audience, or else it wouldn't still be on the air. It shouldn't hurt WTAE's ratings. Hopefully with the show being in a better timeslot in Pittsburgh, it will get better ratings. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/31/2022 at 12:09 AM, H-Town TV Fan said:

More information from Houston:

KPRC (NBC Ch. 2): No other changes for now, outside what @SS8609 has already mentioned.

KHOU (CBS Ch. 11): We now know what's going to replace "Ellen" at 3:00pm: a full hour of the Tegna-produced show "Daily Blast Live".

KTRK (ABC Ch. 13): No changes for now.

KTXH (Independent/MNTV Ch. 20): The "B" set of episodes of "Judge Judy" which currently airs at 2:00pm and 2:30pm moves to 10:00pm and 10:30pm starting September 12. To accommodate that change, "The Big Bang Theory" (the third of three episodes that air every weekday) and "The Simpsons" move up an hour and a half earlier to 9:00 and 9:30pm, respectively, and "Schitt's Creek" (I thought this show was leaving syndication, no?) moves to 11:00pm prior to "Access Hollywood". 

KRIV (Fox Ch. 26): The only thing I have of interest is "Nick Cannon" is listed at 1:00pm for some reason for September 12 (apparently it's staying around in reruns for at least one more week), though the "Pictionary" station list says it will air on 26 at 1:30pm...

KIAH (The CW Ch. 39): To make room for "The Neighborhood" coming to 4:00pm and 4:30pm on September 12, "Last Man Standing" and "The Goldbergs" will move to 1:00am and 2:00am, respectively; the latter will air as a double run. This all shifts "The Drew Barrymore Show" to 3:00am, and it's only a half-hour, so I'm not sure which half will air on 39. "Hot Bench" finally gets re-cleared in Houston after an absence of more than a year (it had aired on KUBE-TV Houston for its entire prior run before the station's owner, RNN, turned it into an all-shopping channel)--that's the good news. The bad news is, it's airing overnight at 3:30am. "Couples Court" is off the schedule starting in the overnight hours of Sept. 12, replaced with paid programming (I have a feeling, though, that "Relative Justice" will replace one of those paid programming slots when it and "Paternity Court" get replaced with "Karamo" on September 19). "American Housewife" has also been picked up by KIAH and will air at 1:30am.

Question Marks: I'm still wondering if the following shows will ever get re-cleared in the Houston area ever again:

• "Seinfeld"
  • "Family Guy"
  • "Bob's Burgers" (if it's still in syndication)
  • About every other Entertainment Studios court show (i.e. "America's Court with Judge Ross", "The Verdict with Judge Hatchett", "Supreme Justice with Judge Karen")

An update on KPRC: Their online listings show Dr. Phil slides ahead an hour to 2p on 9/12, taking over the DOOL slot. NBC News Daily will air at 1p, where Dr. Phil had been airing since locally produced Houston Life moved to 3p. 

3 hours ago, Greggo said:
  •  

Yup. WAXN airs a double run in the cushy time slot of 5pm before Seinfeld at 6pm. Should be swapped with The Goldbergs but i guess WAXN wants the two Jerry Stiller shows to air in tandem (but yet on Saturdays The Goldbergs double run airs at 8pm, if there’s no soccer, in between just like it did before the 7pm news started,)

Edited by Nelson R.

17 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

WRAZ late night. Raleigh only gets one American Housewife which means they only get every other episode 🙄

I thought you were off when you talked about every other episode, but checking the listings vs. epguides and yes, AH is running episodes in order. That's insane, especially if they split the reruns in dayparts. The only other offnet I can think of that did that in syndication was Schitt's Creek.

2 minutes ago, KS-IL-IA said:

I thought you were off when you talked about every other episode, but checking the listings vs. epguides and yes, AH is running episodes in order. That's insane, especially if they split the reruns in dayparts. The only other offnet I can think of that did that in syndication was Schitt's Creek.

They finally fixed that for Schitts Creek. Hopefully they will do the same for American Housewife. The Neighborhood is also doing this so any station only running one episode of that every day will probably be in the same boat.

On 8/30/2022 at 10:45 PM, WheelWarrior said:

It looks like, unlike Ellen, Jennifer will offer a second run, leaving Wheel as the only first-run daily syndie that still does not do a second run at all, all because of its former daytime version that's been off the air waves since 1991.

They are now running a 24/7 Wheel of Fortune streaming channel on Pluto TV, so you'd think they'd now allow a second repeat airing of the show in syndication for stations that would be interested.

• Like 2

On 8/30/2022 at 10:45 PM, WheelWarrior said:

It looks like, unlike Ellen, Jennifer will offer a second run, leaving Wheel as the only first-run daily syndie that still does not do a second run at all, all because of its former daytime version that's been off the air waves since 1991.

I was surprised seeing the station list how few were taking the second run. 

The changes in the fall lineup on the Pittsburgh stations can be found here.

WPXI is replacing Judge Judy with some show called Ring Nation hosted by Wanda Sykes at 3 and another run of Jeopardy at 3:30 as a lead-in to their 4pm news. 

Some of the other changes have already been addressed here, but the full list can be found in the link. 

• Sad 2

On 8/29/2022 at 7:24 PM, iron_lion said:

I'm surprised to see syndicated Dateline on an NBC O&O rather than the, CW or My Network Tv. That's how you know the station is running out of proramming options. I recall in the years after Passions was canceled, WNBC really struggled to fill the 2 pm slot, in addition to the 11 am and 12 pm slots. 

Despite the O&O's using Dateline as a replacement for Ellen, it looks like Dateline will still be part of the MNT primetime lineup, but not the same episodes fed for local syndication. Dateline is still listed on WWOR primetime after 9/12.

• Like 1

The Good Doctor officially begins its run in syndication starting September 17. Although it does appear the Castle and Wipeout reruns are ending (the latter is no longer even carried by WABC, apparently replaced with Entertainers with Byron Allen and repeats of random O&O specials), TGD will not be going to the ABC O&O's. In NYC, WPIX will air TGD Saturdays at 3 PM, although Xfinity only lists it for the 17th so far and not the 24th. Also no ep info but it will surely be S1 E1.

Edited by WheelWarrior

On 8/23/2022 at 1:03 PM, susquvalleywgal said:

No word yet how WHP will handle them not having Ellen anymore.  Last check online with the date of 9/5 has them airing ... The First 48 at 4p.  I can't help but to feel this is just a placeholder for something else.

They could always air infomercials in that slot for now... Better that than where they have been airing lately: Between September 1-9, WHP is pre-empting Wheel of Fortune four times for Time Life gospel infomercials! Obviously, Jeopardy! is not affected by this (since affiliates are apparently not allowed to pre-empt J! but not Wheel, and if they have to, J! needs to move to the Wheel slot). No sign of this continuing after the season premiere at least, but still, even if it's in repeats, pre-empting a Top 5 syndicated program four times in a week and a half over shows that are leaving feels like it shouldn't be allowed. Could this be a Sinclair thing? They already do this a lot with WOF on Saturdays but not right now since College Football on CBS means the Rocket Post Game Show always causes the 7:00 slot to get JIP'd.

Edited by WheelWarrior
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

We've already know that WTVR here in Richmond is getting The Jennifer Hudson Show at 3pm, but what about its fellow CBS-affiliated sister station down I-64 East, WTKR in Hampton Roads? I finally found out what show is replacing The Ellen DeGeneres Show on WTKR's 3pm timeslot and that is - of all shows - Dr. Phil. It will air at 3pm starting on Monday (9/5). The show also airs on sister station WGNT - where it has been airing for years - at 5pm.

Edited by tw-804

26 minutes ago, WheelWarrior said:

They could always air infomercials in that slot for now... Better that than where they have been airing lately: Between September 1-9, WHP is pre-empting Wheel of Fortune four times for Time Life gospel infomercials! Obviously, Jeopardy! is not affected by this (since affiliates are apparently not allowed to pre-empt J! but not Wheel, and if they have to, J! needs to move to the Wheel slot). No sign of this continuing after the season premiere at least, but still, even if it's in repeats, pre-empting a Top 5 syndicated program four times in a week and a half over shows that are leaving feels like it shouldn't be allowed. Could this be a Sinclair thing? They already do this a lot with WOF on Saturdays but not right now since College Football on CBS means the Rocket Post Game Show always causes the 7:00 slot to get JIP'd.

Probably not the best time to bring this up lol but…it appears WSBK is getting Daytime Jeopardy.

32D4C78D-0085-4954-88F3-70A4B41B7365.png

• 24994J locked this topic