Syndicated News for the 2022-23 TV Season

H-Town TV Fan

31 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

WITI  - Sherri at noon, double-run of Pictionary at 1, and Retro Judge Judy But Shhh Nobody Actually Say That stays at 3 after TMZ Live.

Given how those JJ reruns still win their timeslot over here, as long as CMV’s offering them WITI’s gonna take them (though this would’ve been the perfect time for them to grab Hot Bench)

Edited by Glimmer
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, iron_lion said:

I'm surprised to see syndicated Dateline on an NBC O&O rather than the, CW or My Network Tv. That's how you know the station is running out of proramming options. I recall in the years after Passions was canceled, WNBC really struggled to fill the 2 pm slot, in addition to the 11 am and 12 pm slots. 

Not likely, but I'd like to see Steve Harvey get his talk show back (the first incarnation). 

We can't completely blame streaming for all of this. Networks have been doling out sub tear talkshows with stale formats and declining budgets since the mid 2000s. Not to mention the contnual collapse of soaps in terms of presentation and story quality. Viewers were bound to turn away eventually. 

And not just any NBC O&O - but the mother church at 30 Rock...

• Like 2

I'm surprised that Karamo isn't cleared in West Michigan market I thought for sure that either CW7 or WXSP would air it. As I thought Sep 12 Wood TV putting on a 4PM newscast replacing Ellen. WOTV moving Access Hollywood from 5:30PM to 4PM replacing an EP of The Goldbergs maybe they'll move that EP to 2AM, As Young Shelton will get a full hour 5PM to 6PM. WXSP will air American Housewife at 5PM replacing 2 Broke Girls & Mike Molly combo 5PM to 6PM. 

For some reason TV Passport has 404 error for both WXSP & CW7 so I don't know what CW7 will be airing Sep 12. 

Have something from Atlanta.  WGCL is expanding its 3 PM newscast to an hour, giving the station four and a half hours of continuous news, including CBS (which airs at 6:30).

"The Big Bang Theory" remains at 7:30 as the last syndicated show on Channel 46. "Inside Edition" can be seen on sister station WPCH at 11 PM.

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, bpatrick said:

Have something from Atlanta.  WGCL is expanding its 3 PM newscast to an hour, giving the station four and a half hours of continuous news, including CBS (which airs at 6:30).

"The Big Bang Theory" remains at 7:30 as the last syndicated show on Channel 46. "Inside Edition" can be seen on sister station WPCH at 11 PM.

cbs 46 news has really turned around but this is a lot.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bpatrick said:

I figured they would do that but they should’ve kept Inside Edition and moved BBT to Peachtree. 

• Like 1

Here’s what’s happening in DFW:

KDFW: Sherri at 11am, and Jennifer Hudson at 1pm. 

KXAS: Their post-Ellen life looks like this: Dateline at 1pm, Access Daily moves to 2pm. Kelly Clarkson remains at 3pm.

WFAA: No change.

KTVT: Among the O&Os who are doing the news-Drew Barrymore 9am hour. Let’s Make A Deal moves to 2pm.

KTXAThe Balancing Act moves from 4am to a more reasonable timeslot at 7:30am, replacing Supreme Justice, which moves to 11:30am. Funny You Should Ask and America’s Court move up an hour to 10am and 11am, respectively. Justice moves to noon from 12:30pm. Justice for All is at 12:30pm. A block of The Neighborhood airs from 10:30-11:30pm and a block of American Housewife follows from 11:30pm-12:30am. Comics Unleashed replaces Right This Minute at 1:30am. They’re airing the second half of Drew Barrymore at 3:30am (yikes!). Another run of America’s Court at 4:30am.

KDFI: Lots of changes here. Dateline is replaced with Chicago Fire at 8am and back-to-back Family Feud in the 3pm hour. At noon, The Real is replaced with back-to-back Divorce Court. Pictionary airs at 2pm. 25 Words or Less moves up a half-hour to 5pm from 5:30pm. Modern Family moves to 5:30 from 7pm. 7pm is a repeat of KDFW’s 5pm and 5:30 news, and 8pm is a repeat of their 6pm news. A block of Law & Order: SVU airs from 10pm-midnight. Repeats of Nick Cannon are still airing at midnight for some reason.

KDAF: We the People with Gloria Allred replaces Daily Mail TV at 11:30am. Karamo airs at noon (no word yet on where Tamron’s going).

I'm not surprised that LMAD is moving to 2 PM on KTVT.  Their sister CBS o&os in Los Angeles and Chicago have already done this.  I'm wondering if, by splitting Drew Barrymore into two half-hours, her show may be on its way out.

39 minutes ago, CLETVFan said:

On September 12, WJW is running TWO hours of New Day Cleveland from 10am until noon, a full-hour of informercials at 1pm and TWO hours of Judge Judy from 2pm to 4pm.

Wow. I can understand the two hours of New Day to fill the time because adding another hour of morning news would be overkill, IMO. But infomercials and two hours of Judge Judy? That's a bit much. I mean I know there's not many options in terms of syndicated programming, and I get that, but infomercials? Really?

49 minutes ago, tjt24 said:

Wow. I can understand the two hours of New Day to fill the time because adding another hour of morning news would be overkill, IMO. But infomercials and two hours of Judge Judy? That's a bit much. I mean I know there's not many options in terms of syndicated programming, and I get that, but infomercials? Really?

I think the infomercials are placeholders at 1p on WJW until Karamo Brown’s show starts airing there the next week (as per the show’s website)…..

Here's what's changing in Detroit:

WJBK: Sherri at 1 PM, replacing The Real. Two additional reruns of Judge Judy will (for now) replace Wendy Williams at noon.

WDIV: Jennifer Hudson at 3 PM, replacing Ellen.

WXYZ: Pictionary at 1:30 AM (yikes!), replacing DailyMailTV.

WMYD: Karamo at 4 PM, replacing Judge Jerry.

WADL: Rick Wiles Today is replaced at 4:30 AM by an additional run of Forensic Files and at 7 AM by Recipe.TV. The First 48 moves to noon, replacing Dateline (which will still air at 1 PM and 7 PM). Replacing it in the 2 PM hour are Impractical Jokers (which moves from WKBD) and Friends. Paid programming (??) at 12:30 AM, replacing one run of Friends, and at 3 PM, replacing one run of The Liquidator (which will still air at 3:30 PM).

WKBD: To replace the departing Impractical Jokers, a second run of Funny You Should Ask will be added at 8 AM. Replacing 2 Broke Girls in the midnight hour is American Housewife. Replacing Mike & Molly in the 4 PM hour is The Neighborhood. A second run of Seinfeld will be added at 2 AM, replacing The Goldbergs. Despite rumors, Schitt's Creek will still be at 2:30 AM.

WWJ: Reruns of Nick Cannon will inexplicably remain at 3 PM. Both half-hours of Drew Barrymore will still occupy the 4 PM hour, and encores replace The Doctors at 3 AM. These changes are likely interim, as both WWJ and (to a lesser extent) WKBD will have to do some shuffling to accommodate the launch of CBS News Detroit.

Edited by DetroitTVNews

3 hours ago, J1975am said:

I think the infomercials are placeholders at 1p on WJW until Karamo Brown’s show starts airing there the next week (as per the show’s website)…..

Ohh okay. That makes more sense. 

6 hours ago, bpatrick said:

I'm not surprised that LMAD is moving to 2 PM on KTVT.  Their sister CBS o&os in Los Angeles and Chicago have already done this.  I'm wondering if, by splitting Drew Barrymore into two half-hours, her show may be on its way out.

It's experimental; if say, a station would rather run it split among the day, they can do that, or if they need something to fill time before CBS Overnight News but can't fit the entire hour in, they can choose either the guests half or table discussion half and put that in. Plus they can experiment with new segments in the latter half hour and dump them if they don't work rather than saddling the entire hour with that failure.

• Like 1

Yakima / Tri-Cities

KAPP - Already started clearing You Bet Your Life with Jay Leno yesterday at 4PM (will move to 2PM). Double run.

Access Daily (9/12 11AM)

KIMA-DT2 (CW) - Karamo at 10AM, We the People with Lauren Lake at 6-7PM (prime access court show? Isn't this one of Byron Allen's fake shows?)

KCYU - American Housewife double-run 12:05-1:05AM, Mom goes away (gone for good from syndication??), Two and a Half Men moves to 11:35 (they were at this timeslot about 5 years ago), Mike & Molly and 2 Broke Girls leaving for good (confirmed nationwide). Pictionary double-run 10-11AM.

KNDO - Sherri at 11AM replacing Wendy Williams' 'Guest Host of the Day'. NBC News Daily will be cleared and not preempted for other syndicated shows.

NBC Right Now Local News at 4 begins 9/12! First time ever that central WA has done 4PM news. Welcome to the 21st century!

I saw that KNDO was lahnching a 4pm and it looks like 1 full hour. What i see is weird looks like Q6 is only doing a 30 minute 4pm with judge Judy on at 4:30p. Unless the schedule was updated from last night 

I’m shocked that KNDO doesnt do a 6:30 yet or at least simulcast KHQ sand make it more for the whole KNDO KNDU KHQ

question: exactly what is the future of daytime TV. I'm definitely sure broadcast television will not completely go away, after all we still have radio. But at this rate what will station lineups look like in the next 5 to 10 years, certainly news all day cant suffice?

Edited by iron_lion

Looks like Jennifer Hudson is the new Kelly Clarkson as her show replaced The Real at 1:05 on WTAE-TV.  Hopefully Clarkson on WTAE at 3pm won't tank the 5pm news.  WPXI had her show at 3am for a reason. 

I wonder what WPXI will have at 3 instead of Judge Judy?  Hopefully not more news.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/25/2022 at 7:53 AM, Georgie56 said:

It looks like, unlike Ellen, Jennifer will offer a second run, leaving Wheel as the only first-run daily syndie that still does not do a second run at all, all because of its former daytime version that's been off the air waves since 1991.

• Like 1

More information from Houston:

KPRC (NBC Ch. 2): No other changes for now, outside what @SS8609 has already mentioned.

KHOU (CBS Ch. 11): We now know what's going to replace "Ellen" at 3:00pm: a full hour of the Tegna-produced show "Daily Blast Live".

KTRK (ABC Ch. 13): No changes for now.

KTXH (Independent/MNTV Ch. 20): The "B" set of episodes of "Judge Judy" which currently airs at 2:00pm and 2:30pm moves to 10:00pm and 10:30pm starting September 12. To accommodate that change, "The Big Bang Theory" (the third of three episodes that air every weekday) and "The Simpsons" move up an hour and a half earlier to 9:00 and 9:30pm, respectively, and "Schitt's Creek" (I thought this show was leaving syndication, no?) moves to 11:00pm prior to "Access Hollywood". 

KRIV (Fox Ch. 26): The only thing I have of interest is "Nick Cannon" is listed at 1:00pm for some reason for September 12 (apparently it's staying around in reruns for at least one more week), though the "Pictionary" station list says it will air on 26 at 1:30pm...

KIAH (The CW Ch. 39): To make room for "The Neighborhood" coming to 4:00pm and 4:30pm on September 12, "Last Man Standing" and "The Goldbergs" will move to 1:00am and 2:00am, respectively; the latter will air as a double run. This all shifts "The Drew Barrymore Show" to 3:00am, and it's only a half-hour, so I'm not sure which half will air on 39. "Hot Bench" finally gets re-cleared in Houston after an absence of more than a year (it had aired on KUBE-TV Houston for its entire prior run before the station's owner, RNN, turned it into an all-shopping channel)--that's the good news. The bad news is, it's airing overnight at 3:30am. "Couples Court" is off the schedule starting in the overnight hours of Sept. 12, replaced with paid programming (I have a feeling, though, that "Relative Justice" will replace one of those paid programming slots when it and "Paternity Court" get replaced with "Karamo" on September 19). "American Housewife" has also been picked up by KIAH and will air at 1:30am.

Question Marks: I'm still wondering if the following shows will ever get re-cleared in the Houston area ever again:

• "Seinfeld"
  • "Family Guy"
  • "Bob's Burgers" (if it's still in syndication)
  • "The King of Queens" (not sure if this is still in syndication either)
  • About every other Entertainment Studios court show (i.e. "America's Court with Judge Ross", "The Verdict with Judge Hatchett", "Supreme Justice with Judge Karen")

Here’s what’s happening in Spokane:

KREM 2 (CBS):
No change.

KXLY 4 (ABC):
2-3 p.m. — The Jennifer Hudson Show (replaces Dr. Oz/The Good Dish)

KHQ 6 (NBC):
11 a.m.-noon — The Drew Barrymore Show double-run (moves from KSKN; replaces Hot Bench double-run)
1-2 p.m. — NBC News Daily (replaces Days of Our Lives; not syndicated, obviously, but shown here so people know where it is in the station’s lineup)
2:30-3 p.m. — Hot Bench (replaces Daytime Jeopardy!)
3-3:30 p.m. — Hot Bench (replaces first half of The Ellen DeGeneres Show)
3:30-4 p.m. — Judge Judy (replaces second half of The Ellen DeGeneres Show)
4-4:30 p.m. — KHQ Local News at 4 (replaces first half of Judge Judy double-run; a second Judge Judy still airs at 4:30)

KSKN 22 (The CW):
5-6 a.m. — Up With KREM 
[simulcast] (replaces Maury)

11 a.m.-noon — The People’s Court (replaces The Drew Barrymore Show, which moves to KHQ)
1-2 p.m. — Maury (replaces The Wendy Williams Show)
2-3 p.m. — Jerry Springer (replaces Black-ish and Judge Jerry)
3-3:30 p.m. — iCrime with Elizabeth Vargas 
(replaces first half of Jerry Springer)

3:30-4 p.m. — Pictionary (replaces second half of Jerry Springer)
5:30-6 p.m. — Pictionary (replaces Mom)
11:30-midnight — Mom (replaces 2 Broke Girls)
12:30-1 a.m. — Black-ish (replaces Seinfeld)
1:30-2 a.m. — Seinfeld (replaces Family Guy)
2-3 a.m. — Family Guy double-run (replaces Bob’s Burgers and Storage Wars)
3-4 a.m. — Bob’s Burgers double-run (replaces Impractical Jokers double-run)

KAYU 28 (Fox): 
9-10 a.m. — Karamo (replaces Right This Minute double-run)
11 a.m.-noon — Sherri (replaces The Doctors)
3-3:30 p.m. — The Neighborhood (replaces Mike & Molly)
11:35 p.m.-12:35 a.m. — American Housewife double-run (replaces Schitt's Creek double-run)

Edited by AKA

WUAB has a lot of changes starting on September 12th:

Drew Barrymore moves to 10am

Justice with Judge Mablean (moving from WBNX) will air at 12pm

Supreme Justice with Judge Karen Mills moves to 12:30pm

Paternity Court (moving from WBNX) will air at 1pm

We The People with Judge Lauren Lake will air at 1:30pm

Judge Mathis moved to 2pm

American Housewife will air at 5pm and 5:30pm

Steve Wilkos moves to 3am

America's Court moves to 4am and 4:30am

The rest of the lineup remains the same.

Alright. A new update for my home market, Richmond (from Zap2it, TV Passport and TitanTV)

• WTVR (CBS): The Jennifer Hudson Show will air at 3pm on the 12th, replacing The Ellen DeGeneres Show. I'm surprised WTVR is getting Jennifer instead of one of the shows from WWBT (Kelly, Tamron, etc.) or WRIC (Dr. Phil, Drew, etc.). Ellen moved to WTVR from WWBT in 2006, while Steve Harvey moved from WRIC in 2014.
  • WRIC (ABC): The Drew Barrymore Show will move from 3pm to 12:30pm on the 12th after 8 News at Noon, replacing a daytime repeat of Jeopardy! The first half-hour will air at 12:30 while the second half hour will air at... 2:05am (after Rachael Ray which still airs at 1:05am) replacing Justice with Judge Mablean. Also, Dr. Phil moves from 4pm to 3pm meaning the station is getting a new 4pm newscast (!!)
  • WWBT (NBC): No change, but NBC News Daily will be at 1pm.
  • WRLH (FOX): As I mentioned back in late July, LIVE with Kelly and Ryan - remember, the show left WWBT's schedule in 2021 and was replaced by TODAY with Hoda & Jenna at 10am - returns to Richmond next Monday (Sept. 5th) at 11am, moving You Bet Your Life and 25 Words or Less to 10am and 10:30am respectively. Sherri makes her debut at 2pm on the 12th replacing The Wendy Williams Show. Karamo replaces Nick Cannon on the 19th at 4pm. The National Desk - which continues to air at 6am and 8am - recently replaced The Doctors (don't know when) at 9am. On the 12th, Young Sheldon will replace the canceled DailyMailTV at 11:35pm. The show continues to air at midnight. Oh, and WRLH continues to air Judge Judy reruns at 5pm & 5:30pm and Maury (soon will be in reruns) at 3pm.
  • WRLH-DT2 (MyNetworkTV/TBD): No change. They're still airing The Simpsons/Family Guy/Bob's Burgers block (6-8pm) between TBD and the MNTV lineup.
  • WUPV (The CW): iCRIME with Elizabeth Vargas will air at 8am on the 12th (currently Judge Mathis - which airs at 5pm - is airing at that slot temporarily after The Real ended). A second airing of Chicago Fire air at noon on the 12th replacing The Good Dish. Pictionary will air at 1pm replacing The People's Court. The People's Court continues to air at 6pm. We The People with Lauren Lake will air at 3:30pm on Monday (12th). The new show will replace Couples Court with The Cutlers which moves to 7:30am. Lake's other show, Paternity Court continues to air at 3pm. Seinfeld will replace Schitt's Creek on next Monday (Sept. 5th) at 10pm. On the 12th, The Neighborhood replaces a second airing of black-ish and Mike & Molly at 11:30pm and midnight respectively. black-ish continues to air at 7:30 after NBC12 News on CW Richmond. American Housewife will air back-to- back at 1am replacing Monk. Judge Jerry - which airs at 7:30am - leaves the schedule on Friday while The Jerry Springer Show - which airs at 3am - leaves the late-night schedule on the 10th.

I'm shocked that WUPV - of all the stations here - is getting Pictionary. Most of WUPV's programming are court shows (heck, at one time their slogan was Richmond's Home For Court TV!). The show would be a great fit for WRLH. And by the way, the show's website didn't have Richmond in their "Where to Watch" page. Maybe they put it in the last minute. If I remember correctly, the last syndicated game show that aired on WUPV was Family Feud. When the show made its debut with Steve Harvey, it wasn't cleared in Richmond until the second season. It aired on WUPV for a season or two and then moved to WRLH where it still airs to this day.

Edited by tw-804

• 24994J locked this topic