Syndicated News for the 2022-23 TV Season

H-Town TV Fan

8 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

WYTV is putting Jennifer Hudson at 9am, which will replace Rachael Ray, which according to TVPassport, will be going to WKBN at 3pm on September 5th.

Sorry @24994J but I wanted to piece together what’s happening for the Youngstown DMA.

Also for WYFX on September 6th (due to Fox doing Drag Racing on the 5th), Judge Jerry will be dropped at the 3pm hour for another hour of Friends, at least until Karamo debuts on September 19th.

Edited by NEOMatrix

For the station, the beauty of having local news instead of syndicated programs is the ability to control the costs and avoid being at the mercy of a syndicator who will raise the price of the show if it's a hit.  But I also wonder if this news thing is getting out of hand when I see a station like WSMV running nothing but news (local and NBC) and local lifestyle shows from 4 AM-7 PM nonstop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

KRIV will air J-Hud at 11:00am and KTXH at 1:00pm, replacing "Nick Cannon" and "The Real" respectively.

Also, KIAH will replace "Judge Jerry" with paid programming starting in the wee hours of the morning of September 5 (namely 4:00am).

Not much else to say in the other Houston TV stations for now.

WATN is making the following changes to their lineup as of September 12:

- 25 Words or Less at 9AM; Pictionary at 9:30AM (replacing Ellen)

- Karamo at 3PM (replacing Nick Cannon)

- The Jennifer Hudson Show at 4PM (replacing Hot Bench)

- iCrime with Elizabeth Vargas at 6:30PM (replacing You Bet Your Life)

Edited by TennTV1983

On 8/16/2022 at 11:17 PM, Nelson R. said:

They were already losing Kelly Clarkson to WESH, but that was airing at 3am…and Sherri simply inherits Wendy’s old slot…wonder what they will replace Judge Judy with? Jennifer Hudson?

First off, that would be WTAE. WPXI could air a 3 PM Newscast or move one of the graveyard shows to the 3 pm time slot. Sad day for WPXI though. Judge Judy has been on 11 since 1997-98 season (Judy's first year was on WTAE for the 96-97 season). Thanks to @Superdude for confirming that. 

Edited by Kenneth Kissel

4 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

First off, that would be WTAE. WPXI could air a 3 PM Newscast or move one of the graveyard shows to the 3 pm time slot. Sad day for WPXI though. Judge Judy has been on 11 since the beginning of the show. @Superdude.

No, actually the first year of Judge Judy aired at 12:30 on WTAE-TV after the noon news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Superdude said:

No, actually the first year of Judge Judy aired at 12:30 on WTAE-TV after the noon news.

Ok, thanks for the correction. Then it moved to WPXI in 1997. I corrected the original response. 

Edited by Kenneth Kissel

Several Hearst stations are now airing programming from their Very Local app in the former timeslots of Ellen and The Good Dish, as those shows have been (or will be) pulled from the airwaves; and their new shows aren't scheduled to premiere yet.

Checking TV Passport, I see that WFMY has its daytime schedule for Sept. 12 through 11 AM and is still showing Ellen airing at 9 AM.  That can't be right.  Does anybody know something I don't about what's  going into that slot?

6 hours ago, kfc513 said:

Several Hearst stations are now airing programming from their Very Local app in the former timeslots of Ellen and The Good Dish, as those shows have been (or will be) pulled from the airwaves; and their new shows aren't scheduled to premiere yet.

WISN is airing several Very Local specials in the 3pm slot next week before Jennifer Hudson starts.  Interestingly, they seem to have pulled The Good Dish entirely from their lineup around late July.

1 hour ago, Glimmer said:

WISN is airing several Very Local specials in the 3pm slot next week before Jennifer Hudson starts.  Interestingly, they seem to have pulled The Good Dish entirely from their lineup around late July.

All Hearst stations must be doing them, WTAE is doing the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bpatrick said:

Checking TV Passport, I see that WFMY has its daytime schedule for Sept. 12 through 11 AM and is still showing Ellen airing at 9 AM.  That can't be right.  Does anybody know something I don't about what's  going into that slot?

WCCB hasn’t updated squat on Zap2it. I know Mike and Molly and 2 Broke Girls exit syndication.

4 hours ago, bpatrick said:

It's the same with KHOU at 3pm. No updates yet from them or advertisements about what's going to replace it since J-Hud is going to KRIV/Fox 26, which also is getting Sherri Shepherd and Pictionary. iCrime (as the OP posted) is on KTXH and it will be airing at 1pm followed by a double run of We the People with Lauren Lake at 2pm.

And...KPRC will be airing NBC News Daily at 1pm and still airing Dr. Phil at 2pm. Houston Life remains at 3pm.

KTRK will still be airing Jeopardy! at 11:30am. No big changes anywhere on the schedule there either. Thank God for DVRs, but it wouldn't shock me if SPT eventually decides to condition renewal of their contract with ABC O&Os on airing it in a more amenable time. That would require KTRK drop the sacred cow of its hourlong 6 p.m. news, though...and you can't put it up against Wheel of Fortune on KHOU.

KIAH still lists Relative Justice and Lauren Lake's Paternity Court - for one more week until Karamo comes online at Noon.

Edited by SS8609

1 hour ago, SS8609 said:

KTRK will still be airing Jeopardy! at 11:30am. No big changes anywhere on the schedule there either. Thank God for DVRs, but it wouldn't shock me if SPT eventually decides to condition renewal of their contract with ABC O&Os on airing it in a more amenable time. That would require KTRK drop the sacred cow of its hourlong 6 p.m. news, though...and you can't put it up against Wheel of Fortune on KHOU.

They could air it at 3pm replacing news or have it swap times with Inside Edition. 

51 minutes ago, B2r4a6n said:

WNBC's schedule is as follows...

11am: News 4 NY

11:30am: New York Live 

12pm: NBC News Daily 

1pm: Dateline 

2pm: Access Daily 

3pm: The Kelly Clarkson Show 

4pm: News 4 NY  

Pretty much whatever time Days airs in your market is what time NBC News Daily will be airing (Probably 1pm in most markets) and for good reason. I checked several markets. There probably wasn’t any time to tinker with schedules. I noticed that Salt Lake City, who bumped Days to late night, isn’t clearing NBC News Daily in the afternoon. And just saw that they are replacing Hot Bench with Drew Barrymore in full. They probably had that planned already.

Edited by Nelson R.

11 hours ago, SS8609 said:

It's the same with KHOU at 3pm. No updates yet from them or advertisements about what's going to replace it since J-Hud is going to KRIV/Fox 26, which also is getting Sherri Shepherd and Pictionary. iCrime (as the OP posted) is on KTXH and it will be airing at 1pm followed by a double run of We the People with Lauren Lake at 2pm.

And...KPRC will be airing NBC News Daily at 1pm and still airing Dr. Phil at 2pm. Houston Life remains at 3pm.

KIAH still lists Relative Justice and Lauren Lake's Paternity Court - for one more week until Karamo comes online at Noon.

And...speaking of TV Passport, this is what I found for KTXH's broadcast of Pictionary in two weeks at 4pm (one run, followed by Family Feud at 4:30pm):

"Allan Thicke hosts America's favorite board game."

Yes, there was a Pictionary game show that did air in 1997. Aired at 12:30 p.m. on KPRC, and then as it struggled became one of the many shows that KPRC chose to air in the late night hours AFTER a bunch of Trash TV talk shows + their 10 p.m. news on repeat before airing Conan O'Brien at 2am. Alan Thicke is sadly no longer with us, and there's no - dare I say - "Blurred Lines" about that.

It was also distributed by the former syndication arm of ABC that evolved into Worldvision, now one of many companies absorbed into the CMV fold (save for the Hanna-Barbera cartoons that ended up in Ted Turner's possession) courtesy of Aaron Spelling, Blockbuster Video (no surprise since Spelling was originally from Dallas and so was Blockbuster) and eventually Viacom and Paramount. CMV, as we all know, is also distributing the new Pictionary with Jerry O'Connell.

On 8/18/2022 at 3:05 PM, mrschimpf said:

Congratulations to WFMJ for finally realizing 1988 happened 34 years ago and it's time to have a 5pm newscast.

Yes, we all know Youngstown is quite a slow-paced community. Never mind the on again, off again issues with Lordstown and other big news stories surrounding the deindustrialization and its tragic effects, though it wouldn't surprise me if being family-owned by a now-sold daily newspaper in the same market may have played a hand in them waiting this long, seeing that there's really only two TV news sources in town now. Pretty sure they're on the sale block in the near future...

Edited by SS8609
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Milwaukee changes are coming through; for this I'm not going to belabor WISN since I think people in Nome know that schedule by heart. 😂 Also RIP my computer, because TitanTV loads so many ads and trackers now off station websites it apparently takes a bitminer CPU to load TV LISTINGS!

WTMJ - Poor Kelly. After a couple years at 3, it's back to the pre-emption heavy 2pm slot after the 2pm ET NBCND hour at 1, and The List remains in the Scripps Must-Run hour, along with something new called Afternoon Focus, where the chain's feel-good stories (and ratings) will go to die until the inevitable January Hard News Restructure. Of course, in place of RightThisMinute. Nothing replaces it in overnights outside of 90 minutes of paid programming.

WITI  - Sherri at noon, double-run of Pictionary at 1, and Retro Judge Judy But Shhh Nobody Actually Say That stays at 3 after TMZ Live.

WVTVCW - The Brokered Block Nobody Watches of The Balancing Act/Daily Flash moves up to 11am, an iCrime double-dip at 1 and 11pm, and Family Feud still has six episodes, with two moving to 2 and switching around with Funny You Should Ask. Chicago Fire moves to 1am because  procedural hour-longs always bomb in broadcast syndication, especially if they're against eight other CF episodes on Ion, USA and MyNet and the entire thing on Peacock (it was at 1pm in 2021-22).

WVTVMyNet - Karamo at 10am and scrambling around the Fox animated shows in late night to make up for Schitt's Creek departing syndication

WMLW - Blackish/The Neighborhood take over for Mom (latter now at 2am in place of 2 Broke Girls) and Mike & Molly (gone) in the 3/4 hours. The First 48 runs at 11 and 3am because A&E hasn't figured out video on demand is a thing.

WDJT - Like WISN, keeping it consistent outside the studio split of Drew which they keep as an hour at 2 and overnight.

By the way, The Good Dish has been at 1:07; WISN cut the ET late night run and moved Rachael back to 12:07 around mid-June. The fall changes restore the ET late night rerun and a 10pm news replay

Green Bay's changes;

WBAY - No appreciable changes, pre-lunch Pawn Stars fans!

WFRV - They've been out of syndication outside a couple of Friends reruns and weekend filler since 2019, so no appreciable changes.

WLUK - JHud at 1pm and The People's Court moves to 3pm/

WCWF - TBD

WGBA - They'll take the 1pm ET hour of NBCND at noon, and Kelly goes to 3pm, with Family Feud going to 11:30 am and 4pm and the 'I guess' Afternoon Focus carriage at 4:30pm. The List moves to 11am.

WACY - Sherri at 2pm, iCrime at 10am in place of 48. Again, major changes will wait for the 22nd.

Edited by mrschimpf
Green Bay additions
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, B2r4a6n said:

WNBC's schedule is as follows...

11am: News 4 NY

11:30am: New York Live 

12pm: NBC News Daily 

1pm: Dateline 

2pm: Access Daily 

3pm: The Kelly Clarkson Show 

4pm: News 4 NY  

I'm surprised to see syndicated Dateline on an NBC O&O rather than the, CW or My Network Tv. That's how you know the station is running out of proramming options. I recall in the years after Passions was canceled, WNBC really struggled to fill the 2 pm slot, in addition to the 11 am and 12 pm slots. 

Not likely, but I'd like to see Steve Harvey get his talk show back (the first incarnation). 

We can't completely blame streaming for all of this. Networks have been doling out sub tear talkshows with stale formats and declining budgets since the mid 2000s. Not to mention the contnual collapse of soaps in terms of presentation and story quality. Viewers were bound to turn away eventually. 

Edited by iron_lion
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, iron_lion said:

Not likely, but I'd like to see Steve Harvey get his talk show back (the first incarnation). 

That was the last daytime syndicated program WBTV aired.

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Like 1