Syndicated News for the 2022-23 TV Season

H-Town TV Fan

On 8/17/2022 at 2:57 PM, EVVTV12 said:

WSMV is dropping all their syndication for more news. The midday news will run from 11-12, noon news from 12-1, NBC News Daily at 1, Today in Nashville will move from 11 to 2 and run for an hour, and add a 3pm newscast. This all starts Sept 5. Right now their syndication is Wendy Williams and Tamron Hall. Wendy is getting replaced by Sherri and she is going to Fox17(?). No word on where Tamron is going, yet. 

I remember KCNC 4 in Denver used to be all news outside of NBC programming in the 90s.  They went by KCNC--Colorado's News Channel.  That changed when CBS took over the station and they added some syndicated programming to the schedule.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AdamTheJ said:

You know, honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if the move of Kelly Clarkson to KPRC and Dr. Phil to KHOU were the decision. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised to see many other CBS affiliates, like WNCN, WLKY, and KCCI all replace Ellen with Dr. Phil. I’d change the channel, though, since his shows are dark toned, which IMO, there is way too much of on American TV these days. If that’s how Americans want it, then I must think that they’ve got as much personality as a slab of wood.

Kelly airs at 3p on KRIV with a second run overnight on KTXH. Moving to the Dr. Phil spot on KPRC (1p) would be a demotion. Also, KPRC has indicated they are looking at expanding Houston Life in the near future so, if that happens, the 2p hour currently occupied by Days and soon NBC News would slide to 1p. Houston Life would expand into the 2p hour, leaving no room for syndication, whatever it might be. 

• Sad 1

Next week Wood TV will replace Dr. Oz/The Good Dish with TMZ Live at 3PM, which TMZ Live is on Nexstar sister station WXSP since TMZ Live debut in 2014 at the graveyard of 3AM. I have TMZ Live while sleeping since I sleep with the TV on all night. I think TMZ Live maybe the 3PM timeslot this year as I don't see Wood TV taking ICrime or Karamo.  WOTV putting paid programming for a week as The Real ends on Sep 2 I don't get why The Real doesn't stay on until Sep 9? CW7 replacing The Doctors with Judge Jerry repeats at 5AM to 6AM Sep 5.

WJBK seems to test run the shows but other stations pick up the programs I was surprised the Fox O&O in Detroit didn't pick up Nick Cannon there 2PM timeslot isn't very good Access Hollywood & Extra repeats they can do better than that. WNEM is adding a 4PM newscast on Sep 12 in Flint as I don't think that area can support 4PM newscast which Gray put on ABC station before selling it to Byron Allen last Dec.

Charlotte changes for the week of September 5:

The Real is going off the air after September 2. It only took 6 years or so, but Last Man Standing is finally getting cleared in Charlotte. If it had before I don’t remember.  WMYT picks it up starting September 5 to essentially replace The Real. Their runs of Judge Mathis and People’s Court move up to 4 and 5 and Last Man Standing will air at 6 and 6:30 and they pick up late in Season 7…with Fox episodes and the new Mandy, no less. Confirmed by zap2it and TV Passport. That’s the only change…Schitts stays around another week…

Also WAXN is not picking up the Judge Jerry reruns apparently, and Right This Minute also ends after September 2. They will both be replaced by Law And Order: SVU at noon and 4. The Doctors sticks around another week. 

WSOC replaces Right This Minute in late night with Law and Crime Daily. DailyMail TV sticks around another week.

WAXN’s runs of National News Tonight and Law and Crime Daily move back to 2am and 2:30. Taking their place at 1am and 1:30 on WAXN are Inside Edition and ET encores.

All changes confirmed by Zap2it and TV Passport.

9035EB1D-E220-425A-9832-4547C5E19184.png

Edited by Nelson R.

Not many changes here in the SusquValley ... 

WGAL is swapping times for Kelly Clarkson and Tamron Hall.  Kelly will now air at 11a and Tamron will air at 2p. 

No word yet how WHP will handle them not having Ellen anymore.  Last check online with the date of 9/5 has them airing ... The First 48 at 4p.  I can't help but to feel this is just a placeholder for something else.

And FOX43 WPMT will get Pictionary.

-- Matt

On 8/21/2022 at 6:31 PM, bpatrick said:

I'm still waiting to find out what WFMY will run at 9 AM in place of Ellen. (Please!  Anything but Andy Griffith!)

You might be waiting a while, they aren’t the greatest at updating their listings. They had a time confirming them as an official station of the Panthers this year.

If they don’t start a 9am edition  of the Good Morning Show, their options might be limited. They might not have a choice but to air Andy. Pictionary would’ve been a good fit but WXLV picked it up only to air it at 1am. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Maybe one episode of Andy paired with Daytime Jeopardy and two Daily Blast Lives at 3.

• Like 1

As previously reported by another poster here, KVUE/Austin has picked up Tamron, which hadn’t been airing in Austin since it was dropped by KEYE. (Even though her hometown, Luling, is in the Austin DMA.) Interestingly, it won’t be airing in Ellen’s spot at 4p. Instead, they’ve stuck it at 2p. Daily Blast Live, which had been at 2p, moves to 3p and Inside Edition/Extra move from 3p to 4p. Not a great lead-in to the 5p news, IMHO. I foresee a drop in ratings. 

17 hours ago, susquvalleywgal said:

No word yet how WHP will handle them not having Ellen anymore.  Last check online with the date of 9/5 has them airing ... The First 48 at 4p.  I can't help but to feel this is just a placeholder for something else.

I've heard KGW may be replacing Ellen with........ Dateline. 🤮 Interesting and odd choice as a lead in to a 4pm newscast. But they probably didn't have much to choose from.

14 hours ago, Greggo said:

As previously reported by another poster here, KVUE/Austin has picked up Tamron, which hadn’t been airing in Austin since it was dropped by KEYE. (Even though her hometown, Luling, is in the Austin DMA.) Interestingly, it won’t be airing in Ellen’s spot at 4p. Instead, they’ve stuck it at 2p. Daily Blast Live, which had been at 2p, moves to 3p and Inside Edition/Extra move from 3p to 4p. Not a great lead-in to the 5p news, IMHO. I foresee a drop in ratings. 

Why not just do 4pm news?

• Sad 1

I'm hearing that WTVF is adding a 9 am newscast starting Sept. 6, followed by The List at 9:30, and moving Kelly Clarkson to 3 pm, in Ellen's former slot. (On Labor Day there will be infomercials from 9 to 10.)  Also, WNCN is replacing Ellen with a second double-run of Judge Judy from 3-4 pm (that's in addition to the double-run it already has from 7-8 pm).

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, bpatrick said:

Also, WNCN is replacing Ellen with a second double-run of Judge Judy from 3-4 pm (that's in addition to the double-run it already has from 7-8 pm).

That’s got to be a placeholder for a week or two, can’t imagine that being the solution.

Update: WXMI Fox17 Jennifer Hudson talker will be on at 1PM replacing Right This Minute as I thought when RTM was canceled. Is Ellen repeats ending on Sep 2 I still see Wood TV on TV Passport having Ellen on the 5TH and also checked the 6TH as well? 

"Dateline" replaces "The Real" and "The Good Dish" on KTXH on September 5 and KRIV on September 6 (the 1:00-4:00pm hours are preempted on the 5th due to NHRA Drag Racing coverage), respectively. Even as a placeholder, I don't know what to think about the same episode of "Dateline" airing at 1:00pm on BOTH KTXH and KRIV...

38 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

It’s official: 4pm on WCCB. No repeat though which means it’s more likely they might have got American Housewife. It doesn’t list a station for Greenville-Spartanburg but according to a poster in the know on the other board it will be on WYFF at 2pm. 

9 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

Looks like she inherited the infamous Springfield (MA) Shun that affected Ellen too, even with the loss of other talk shows. And no Hartford/New Haven station either is a shock.

ETA - Per below, just meant to point out that unusualness, not be 'it's on in my market at this time lead into what used to be the Merv Griffin/Oprah timeslot', of course.

Edited by mrschimpf

• 24994J locked this topic