Syndicated News for the 2022-23 TV Season

H-Town TV Fan

On 7/29/2022 at 3:46 PM, KS-IL-IA said:

WMOR's fall schedule is out -- JHud, Neighborhood, Karamo are new ...

https://www.mor-tv.com/article/mor-programming-guide/8466717

I thought that Ring Nation was weekend only I see that it will air in the graveyard on WMOR.

I see that WOW Women Of Wrestling will debut Sep 17 in 100% of the country on CBS which will be their CW stations, Sinclair, Nexstar, TEGNA, Hearst & Gray TV stations. I think CW7 will air it where ROH was Sat 10:30PM I could be wrong maybe outside chance WXSP.

Edited by Megatron81

There's one thing I've been wondering: Movies being aired in local syndication these days have been those produced by either of the Sony film companies (Columbia, TriStar, Screen Gems, etc.) (distributed by Sony Pictures Television), Paramount Pictures, or Dreamworks SKG (distributed by Trifecta Entertainment & Media). Why have films produced by companies other than what I've mentioned been taken off local syndication?

I don't  know what's happening this fall as far as Syndication in concerned here  in Denver. But I saw a promo that Live with Kelly & Ryan will move from KDVR to KWGN starting Sept. 6. I believe at 10am if I'm not mistaking. No word on what will be airing in it's place on KDVR which also aired at 10am. 

Edited by Chase29

55 minutes ago, Chase29 said:

I don't  know what's happening this fall as far as Syndication in concerned here  in Denver. But I saw a promo that Live with Kelly & Ryan will move from KDVR to KWGN starting Sept. 6. I believe at 10am if I'm not mistaking. No word on what will be airing in it's place on KDVR which also aired at 10am. 

Maybe KDVR is expanding their morning news?

1 hour ago, Chase29 said:

From KWGN, to KDVR, and back to KWGN. A homecoming of sorts for Live in Denver.

• Like 1

Here in Topeka, the NBC, ABC and Fox stations (as well as the CW Plus) are all owned/managed by Nexstar. Not too many changes, according to the schedule I saw:

KSNT (NBC): Jennifer Hudson replaces Good Dish at 1p; the Jeopardy rerun (sister station KTKA has the original at 5) at 4 and a new 4:30 news replaces Ellen.

KTKA (ABC): Pictionary x2 replaces The Doctors at 2; a Feud rerun replaces one Judge Judy at 4:30 (meaning it's Feud-Feud-Judy-Feud from 3-5). It's also returning ABC News to 5:30 and simulcasting the KSNT 6p cast (It had run a separate 5:30p news with ABC at 6).

KTMJ (Fox): Another Feud replaces the J! rerun at 6a; Sherrie replaces Wendy at noon; Neighborhood replaces second Young Sheldon run at 11p. Fox 43's 9p news expanded to an hour in the past few weeks.

The programming department sent along the CW schedule, labeled Fall 2022, but nothing had changed. Any word on the CW Plus fall sked?

Edited by KS-IL-IA

23 hours ago, KS-IL-IA said:

Here in Topeka, the NBC, ABC and Fox stations (as well as the CW Plus) are all owned/managed by Nexstar. Not too many changes, according to the schedule I saw:

KSNT (NBC): Jennifer Hudson replaces Good Dish at 1p; the Jeopardy rerun (sister station KTKA has the original at ) at 4 and a new 4:30 news replaces Ellen.

KTKA (ABC): Pictionary x2 replaces The Doctors at 2; a Feud rerun replaces one Judge Judy at 4:30 (meaning it's Feud-Feud-Judy-Feud from 3-5). It's also returning ABC News to 5:30 and simulcasting the KSNT 6p cast (It had run a separate 5:30p news with ABC at 6).

KTMJ (Fox): Another Feud replaces the J! rerun at 6a; Sherrie replaces Wendy at noon; Neighborhood replaces second Young Sheldon run at 11p. Fox 43's 9p news expanded to an hour in the past few weeks.

The programming department sent along the CW schedule, labeled Fall 2022, but nothing had changed. Any word on the CW Plus fall sked?

When does the new 4:30pm news begin and when does the 6pm simulcast begin?

46 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

When does the new 4:30pm news begin and when does the 6pm simulcast begin?

There were no start dates listed, but I would assume it's Sept. 12. Will let you know if I hear otherwise. It's not an expansion as much as shuffling.

2 hours ago, ddaniels20 said:

In a (not) stunning move, Vulture is reporting that Days of our Lives will air exclusively on Peacock beginning September 12.

https://www.vulture.com/2022/08/nbc-days-of-our-lives-moving-to-peacock.html

WOAH. Is NBC going to turn the hour over to the affiliates or replace it with something else? EDIT: It is replacing it with “NBC News Daily.” I assume that can pretty much air at any time like Days did. CBS now has no reason to keep Y&R at 12:30. Move it to 1 so that affiliates can air an hour long news at noon. I doubt B&B will ever expand to an hour so The Talk can stay as a half hour show. Actually, wishful thinking on my part about The Talk being cut to 30 minutes. CBS will probably end up moving B&B and Y&R to Paramount Plus.

Edited by Nelson R.
Didn’t know about NBC News Daily
  • Sad 2

https://www.wyff4.com/article/days-of-our-lives-move-streaming-only-peacock-soap/40800608

This article says “NBC News Daily” will be live “in most markets. So I guess 1pm ET/noon CT?  I don’t see what would be keeping the MT stations from picking it up live at 11am and even the PT stations at 10am. Hoda and Jenna could be pushed back to 11am….heck it’s delayed anyway out there.

• Like 1

I’m sure affiliates are loving the fact they are getting this news (officially) just a month before the new season starts, long after 22-23 syndie deals were locked up. I don’t see many large market, non O&O NBC stations sticking with the new, replacement newscast longterm. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Greggo said:

I’m sure affiliates are loving the fact they are getting this news (officially) just a month before the new season starts, long after 22-23 syndie deals were locked up. I don’t see many large market, non O&O NBC stations sticking with the new, replacement newscast longterm. 

They get more local ad time than they did during Days and local news inserts. They might actually be thrilled. If they were giving the time to the affiliates I’m sure they would’ve been given more notice. 

10 hours ago, Greggo said:

Well KSL is probably pissed, if they plan on clearing NBC News Daily in the afternoon. I didn’t realize they bumped Days to late nights. I guess Hot Bench is the one that goes to late night if they decide to clear this. No sister station to move it to.

On 8/3/2022 at 5:07 PM, Nelson R. said:

WOAH. Is NBC going to turn the hour over to the affiliates or replace it with something else? EDIT: It is replacing it with “NBC News Daily.” I assume that can pretty much air at any time like Days did. CBS now has no reason to keep Y&R at 12:30. Move it to 1 so that affiliates can air an hour long news at noon. I doubt B&B will ever expand to an hour so The Talk can stay as a half hour show. Actually, wishful thinking on my part about The Talk being cut to 30 minutes. CBS will probably end up moving B&B and Y&R to Paramount Plus.

WOW! After 57 years. I always knew that Days would be the first to go in the final 4 soaps, being that it had the worst budget among them. The lighting was at it's cheapest point and sets kept getting smaller and more repetitive. Storylines (like all sopas) were in a bad state. At least this isn't a full blown cancelation, and the idea of soaps on streaming might be more acceptable this time around versus when All My Children and One Life to Live tried it in 2013.

As soaps continue to go the way of the dodo bird, I doubt that more news and more short term talk shows are the answer. As for the news we will get, it'll be more of the same: inflation, January 6th, COVID, the supreme court and pop culture.  No unique international coverage, just wash rinse repeat.

As for B&B, it should stay at 30 minutes. Soaps should've never been expanded to an hour , due to the amount of scripts and budgetary constraints. I don't think CBS  wants to mess with Y&R's 12:30 time slot as it's still the number one rated soap (if that's still worth something) and O&O newscasts aren't top performers.

Edited by iron_lion
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, james32746 said:

Orlando update:

The Kelly Clarkson Show is moving from WFTV to WESH (at 3 PM) starting September 12th, replacing Ellen

WFTV shared it with WRDQ. The latter aired a rerun at 8. They might as well pull a WAXN and put 4 runs of Feud in primetime now. But WFTV might need two of those runs for its schedule. 

Edited by Nelson R.

On 7/24/2022 at 10:04 AM, nycnewsjunkie said:

I’d love to see a local Ros Atkins-type analysis show at 4pm, where major stories are broken down/explained, and multiple perspectives are examined.

I would love to see something like that. Even better: A local version of Nightline. Not the crappy Nightline we have now. The OG Nightline: Ted Koppel Nightline. With the amount of hours Fox and independent stations with their own in-house news department are adding, this would give people something different from another late night talk show with the same five jokes every night. How many times have we all seen the local news only spend two minutes talk about the upcoming city budget, but never really talk about what is really in it? Also, I would like to hear what the mayor or other local leaders have to say after the State of The Union address. National issues do become local ones. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, EVVTV12 said:

I would love to see something like that. Even better: A local version of Nightline. Not the crappy Nightline we have now. The OG Nightline: Ted Koppel Nightline. With the amount of hours Fox and independent stations with their own in-house news department are adding, this would give people something different from another late night talk show with the same five jokes every night. How many times have we all seen the local news only spend two minutes talk about the upcoming city budget, but never really talk about what is really in it? Also, I would like to hear what the mayor or other local leaders have to say after the State of The Union address. National issues do become local ones. 

Agreed! If we're gonna get more news, mix up the formatting at least!

• Like 3

On 8/3/2022 at 7:11 PM, Greggo said:

Yes, I agree.  I'd rather see our local NBC station air something else in the timeslot.  I'm surprised it's not yet another hour of news with the Today Show branding...

Edited by johnothy
  • Like 2

• 24994J locked this topic