KNTV debuts new set

C Block

Looks more cleaner. I don’t recall the studio being that huge!

The best part is the monitors on the floor. It’s similar to what NBC Sports Bay Area uses on its post game shows. I’m feeling this will be used for elections especially.

Raj does a tour at the last 2 minutes of his video.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cfavr_5tdLa/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

a better version of a 360 loop on its studio bump before the break.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfalHber5m3/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by SFTV
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, C Block said:

Looks nice, though I'm a little surprised. Their outgoing set wasn't even four years old.

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusWashingtonNBCBayArea/posts/pfbid02M4AgkGSXM4RLqMCkz1bTW5WTag9pHg3t12S3EvLLT7ueg7aiuZA8JTFXpUoiAt7Wl

6 years old, according to Newscast Studios.

Studio seems like the same size:

NCS_kntv-nbc-bay-area-studio_0001.JPG

Edited by ABC 7 Denver

Weather Centers are dated… make the set more versatile by not locking in on such a wasted space. As for the overall design and how it looks when you see the whole thing - how often does that’s even happen anymore? Shows happen in double boxes and 2-shots and in front of giant monitor walls. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WMAQ got rid of their weather center recently. They use it as a stand up area now.

18 minutes ago, noggi said:

Shows happen in double boxes and 2-shots and in front of giant monitor walls. 

This is a direct result of the pandemic. I hate it. I miss the wide shots and tosses from weather and sports at stand up areas or the weather center. It gave the shows more depth then talking in boxes and switching graphics or using transitions. 

• Like 1

The SF Bay Area is not a heavy severe WX market compared to say....Boston. No need for a fancy WX center. I'm ok with NBCBA's new set not having one. Their previous set was *OK,* but other NBC O&Os have updated in recent year and I'm sure they wanted to be on brand as best as they could.

16 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

6 years old, according to Newscast Studios.

Studio seems like the same size:

NCS_kntv-nbc-bay-area-studio_0001.JPG

Am I trippin? This looks like their old set. I don't this is the new set that everyone is critiquing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FiveNews said:

Am I trippin? This looks like their old set. I don't this is the new set that everyone is critiquing. 

This is the old set. No one claimed that this was the new one.

• Like 1

Not sure if I did this right, but I uploaded some (admittedly low quality) screengrabs. I like that they incorporated the newsroom back into the studio design again. Looks like they also have a robotic ceiling-mounted trundle cam for jib-like wide shots, which is pretty cool. They move the main anchor desk out for the 7pm show, which is where I grabbed a few of these shots.

Edited by C Block
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 7/1/2022 at 4:45 PM, noggi said:

Weather Centers are dated… make the set more versatile by not locking in on such a wasted space. As for the overall design and how it looks when you see the whole thing - how often does that’s even happen anymore? Shows happen in double boxes and 2-shots and in front of giant monitor walls. 

I always thought it was pretty stupid to have a working office inside the studio anyway. The studio is like your living room. It should always be neat and clean for when company comes over.

On 7/1/2022 at 3:45 PM, noggi said:

I do love that more and more, stations are acknowledging that and just either setting aside a separate space entirely for weather (as WITI has), putting it in a space behind the big screen (the new common Hearst setup) or just showing the plain old weather office where all the equipment runs.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

I do love that more and more, stations are acknowledging that and just either setting aside a separate space entirely for weather (as WITI has), putting it in a space behind the big screen (the new common Hearst setup) or just showing the plain old weather office where all the equipment runs.

WXIA is another example, and it's not really a noticable weather set, it could really be the main set in a small market

• Like 1