WGN Gearing up for HD Re-Launch?

TheMightyGringoChannel

I know both KTLA and WPIX are already broadcasting news in HD, so I figured it was only a matter of time before sister station WGN took the plunge. However I think WGN may be the next station in the Chicago Market to start producing News in HD. I was on 615's website this afternoon and it appears they've produced a new package exclusively for "Chicago's Very Own". Could this be a sign that Channel 9 is gearing up for an HD-Relaunch this fall? Thoughts...Comments...?

LINK TO NEW PACKAGE:

http://615music.com/core/news_music_demos.cfm

• 2 months later...

So I'm guessing they'll do the Superstation feed later or is it already HD?

I wouldn't know, I just got FiOS today which has WGN (the Superstation feed, but hey it does air the news).

it has aired the news for along time, the only thing Superstation doesn't air is the 5 and morning newscasts.

So, the current graphics package is now on its 3rd music package. I like the graphics to a point, but it seems they've been around for too long.

This Graphics Package is only on its 2nd music package. The graphics debuted i belive in 02/03?

still time for an update, not saying that WISH is better, because i like both WISH and WGN, but WISH has went through 3 sets, and 3 graphics packages since then.

Archived