New 615 Package: Chicago's Very Own

TSSZNews

If you see the What's New column on 615's website, It states on Wednesday, they just finished composing this package. So I don't think they would use it now. Alot of things come up to mind. Could they use the new pack in the fall (September 8-10th at least)? And if they do use it, I know damn well that they need new Graphics to make it HD-compatible before they can further their plans on having a future HD newscast soon.

I will miss the Non-Stop Package since they'd been using it for over ten years while they'd only use the 9pm updated theme for only half of the ten years they'd been using the package. But I won't miss it as much as the Hegner theme, hence the same name as the new theme which is still being played Sunday nights during Instant Replay. I wonder if they would still keep that as well.

On a little side note if anyone didn't know that the WGN's Sports Package used during the Cubs, Sox & Bulls games was also composed by 615 Music. I remembered watching their video opening on 615's website about five years ago. So I guess WGN wants to further their relationship with 615.

On a little side note if anyone didn't know that the WGN's Sports Package used during the Cubs, Sox & Bulls games was also composed by 615 Music. I remembered watching their video opening on 615's website about five years ago. So I guess WGN wants to further their relationship with 615.

Don't forget that WGN's sister cable news station CLTV (also owned by Tribune) commissioned and uses 615's High Velocity.

I am a fan of WGN (especially Tom Skilling) and I listened to the package and I really don't like it. Too much pop-inspired synth cues going on there. I couldn't even make out much of the "Chicago's Very Own" signature that they've been using for years. A few of the cuts toward the end weren't so bad, however.

615 has really been going down the tube with many of their new packages.

I don't care too much for the new music package. It's too "blah".

The package sounds way too much like a cookie-cutter, even more cookie-cutter than Gari. It sounds like you can just stick the music signature/logo from almost any other 615 Music package in the place of WGN's music signature/logo and create a new update for the other packages..

The signature sounds alot like 615's Flashpoint, especially the morning theme.. It's probably what they based it off of. So it's NOT "Chicago's Very Own".. >:(

I'd probably like the theme better if it had Hegner's 1993-97 package signature/logo in it.

I just guess it's WGN's way of aiming towards the "younger generation" that tends to lean towards FOX News Chicago..

I'd probably have to hear it actually in use to give a better opinion. WGN is still using their Non-Stop music package.

Archived