COX adds Telemundo stations in Seattle and Jacksonville, Renews with WSOC in Charlotte

Requiere

I don't know if someone has posted this already but CMG plans to introduce Telemundo to Jacksonville and Seattle. Telemundo used to have a station in Seattle on ION owned KWPX but was shut down once the station was bought by Scripps. The deal also renews their contract with WSOC.

From CMG

• Like 2

On 6/21/2022 at 6:32 PM, ATLNewsExpert said:

Great now lets see how COX runs the Telemundo brand even more into the ground!

I don't understand this so I must be missing something. Could you show me how COX been running the Telemundo brand into the ground? I can only speak to WSOC who has been putting resources towards their Telemundo affiliate, like an evening newscast and producing Charlotte FC games with Telemundo specific announcers in their secondary studio. Not bad considering they could have just taken the national feed and slapped it on a subchannel. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, carolinanews4 said:

I don't understand this so I must be missing something. Could you show me how COX been running the Telemundo brand into the ground? I can only speak to WSOC who has been putting resources towards their Telemundo affiliate, like an evening newscast and producing Charlotte FC games with Telemundo specific announcers in their secondary studio. Not bad considering they could have just taken the national feed and slapped it on a subchannel. 

Yeah seems like CMG has done well taking care of Telemundo Charlotte. I see them doing the same in Seattle and Jacksonville, but more so in Seattle IMO since Seattle also has Univision too.

17 hours ago, carolinanews4 said:

No no, I apologize for making a quite uninformed comment as I have never seen Telemundo Charlotte or it's production. I just judged the title based on how COX neglects some stations