Has CBS 2 finally switched over to their new lower-thirds?

lazynetjunkie

For the past few weeks, CBS 2 has only used their new lower-third graphics very few times every now and then, mainly for breaking news stories.

Tonight, CBS 2 has pretty much used the new lower-thirds for almost the whole storm coverage newscasts. I hope they finally keep them on now. They're really nice. You can get a look at the new lower-thirds in the live shots in this video: http://cbs2chicago.com/video/[email protected] . The pre-taped portions still use the old lower-thirds.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok.. To you guys going around and bragging about your so-called "insider info", I hope you know that proposals and pitches don't exactly mean "going to be". Many of them are made and many never come to be.

Just like anyone else, TV stations go shopping too for music, graphics, etc. And before you're going to spend or invest that large amount of money, you want to get a sampling of what you're going to get.

Don't be stating something as "going to be" when you don't know that for a fact.

Plus, I know you guys really don't have any insider connection to anyone at the station..

Here's what I can tell you about WBBM graphic-wise that is fact:

Currently, there are a few new graphics being phased in to give a refreshed look. It's a really nice in-house update to their current look with much more animation and 3D being added. Some of the effects from their 2001-02 "Works For You" graphics package are being recycled. Little web browser button -type logos/symbols (such as an arrow or a telephone) are also being added.

WBBM's exploring some different graphic options and ideas for the move to their new home and transition to HD.

Archived