WPIX new studio

dabx

They are doing the Sat. 6 pm from the new studio.  Modified graphics (evolutionary).  Bug rotates between PIX 11 and a 75 years logo.  Most shots are tight so far but just before a break it showed the studio.  Music at that point had subtle reminders of the previous theme.  Hopefully someone can get screen shots during the 10pm broadcast.

Looks great to me! Personally I like the graphics and music much better than the old; and the set (in what we've seen so far) is beautiful on air. I'd still give it an edge to WNYW, WNBC and WABC; but don't think it beats WCBS as I expected. The skyline shot they are using is also very WCBS-like. The subway tile is a great addition.

• Like 2

PIX got the KTLA treatment. As the team gets comfortable in the studio, the viewer will see more cool jib shots and interview areas that weren't immediately seen during the initial launch. We are getting the same here in LA with KTLAs set.

• Like 2

They forgot to let the rats loose and put some grime on the floors and tiles. I kid, the weather shot with the subway tile has the background just dim enough it looks like a subway station. 

Nice landscape shot for the main, gives it a lot of depth. 

And the topic screen looks great in the wide one shot

Edited by sfomspphl
  • Like 1