WGCL in Newsroom

ATLNewsExpert

4 minutes ago, ATLNewsExpert said:

And the new set is done, dress rehearsals are being done in between newscasts, what do y'all think about it? 

Taken from a video on Twitter:

Screenshot_20220927-144639.png

Screenshot_20220927-144659.png

Screenshot_20220927-144648.png

Screenshot_20220927-144534.png

I don't hate it but I don't like it either. Better than whatever WXIA has. Downside is that the temp set 46 was on looks a lot better than this.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Greggo said:

The huge ad for an AC company on the weather desk? Awful! 

It’s an LED so it can change.

2 hours ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

Not a big fan of the tiny anchor desk or the sponsored weather center. Other than that, it looks really good.

It’s an led weather desk with the ad so it could be changed

1 hour ago, ATLNewsExpert said:

Well FTV says the set will debut before week's end. Take that as you will

Geez he can’t even get the damn abbreviation right. ANF, Scott. It’s right in front of you. As he loves to say, if you screw up the little things…

According to the station, it will launch the new name “beginning in October,” which starts Saturday. They could opt for a weekend launch if they plan on debuting the new name “before the week is out.”

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

Not a big fan of the tiny anchor desk or the sponsored weather center. Other than that, it looks really good.

I agree with the main anchor desk being a little too small, especially considering that Atlanta is a top 10 U.S. TV market.  As well as agree with that ad on the weather set desk being kind of tacky.  Hopefully Gray Television and WGCL (soon-to-be WANF) may consider investing in a bigger main anchor desk.  The interview/sofa area off to the side looks like it ought to be good too.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, ScottSchell said:

Right?  Just like the lighting on the desk it doesn’t matter as long as the desk works for them so be it.

That's what I've been thinking while reading all this comments, it's just a desk and just a LED. I may not be a fan of standing desks for newscasts but if it'll work for what they are trying to achieve with ANF then so be it. Besides on the sponsor note what are they going to do, call it the Coolray First Alert Weather center? Ofcourse not

• Like 1
  • Sad 1