Eyewitness News takes a backseat

abc7 Man

Eyewitness News is now available in the new taxi cabs set to hit the streets in the coming weeks. These new cabs have an interactive LCD screen located on the back of the middle partition. Here's the full story:

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=local&id=4855913

Copy the link above and paste it in a new window. For some reason clicking on it does not bring you to the page. SORRY

Found sometime in the future on "Overheard in NY":

TVNT member: We'll take the next cab. My stations not on.

TVNT member's wife: Are you serious?

TVNT member: Don't make me lower your Karma.

----------------------------

I guess you won't know what station you got until the cab driver starts the meter. ???

I guess you won't know what station you got until the cab driver starts the meter. ???

Some of the cabs have advertisements in their usual billboard space advertising the new technology and, at least on the one's showing WABC programming, the ABC7 logo is in the billboard ad. So, if you see that ad on top of cab in the future, then you'll know you can watch Eyewitness News in the back seat!

Some of the cabs have advertisements in their usual billboard space advertising the new technology and, at least on the one's showing WABC programming, the ABC7 logo is in the billboard ad. So, if you see that ad on top of cab in the future, then you'll know you can watch Eyewitness News in the back seat!

Thanks. I'll be on the lookout. Have you seen one?

Archived