1/6 committee hearings coverage

David Salter JR

10 minutes ago, Gavin M. said:

Why would PIX carry it? Maybe Nexstar will start a Cut-in or news service for affiliates where they provide special reports for affiliates kinda like FOX does. Why would FOX 5 carry it either. FOX 5 kinda has a right-wing scant to it. Some of the stories and questions they have sound right-wing.

Fox5 has not carried any hearings which is no surprise despite other Fox O&Os doing so. Just a confirmatory statement.  If Nexstar is serious about being in the news and network business, then I would expect them to allow their owned or operated stations to carry it.

• Like 1

Just now, NowBergen said:

Fox5 has not carried any hearings which is no surprise despite other Fox O&Os doing so. Just a confirmatory statement.  If Nexstar is serious about being in the news and network business, then I would expect them to allow their owned or operated stations to carry it.

I just said I think Nexstar have a service like “CW News Special Report” or “CW News Special Presentation” in the future. PIX probably wanted to retain revenue from ads. Sometimes PIX produces coverage locally of national stuff especially during the Tribune Days, but there in a period of transition. I know why FOX5 doesn’t carry it there a little biased in 2016 they didn’t show the democratic convention Hillary’s nomination speech. Which was during the 10pm news and went to 11:35 not sure about 2020. But I’ve seen them skip things.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Gavin M. said:

Why would PIX carry it? Maybe Nexstar will start a Cut-in or news service for affiliates where they provide special reports for affiliates kinda like FOX does. Why would FOX 5 carry it either. FOX 5 kinda has a right-wing scant to it. Some of the stories and questions they have sound right-wing.

They aren't totally right wing, it is a NYC station after all, but every once in awhile they have their GM go on air to complain about ranked choice voting.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/13/2022 at 8:54 PM, Manny NYC said:

They aren't totally right wing, it is a NYC station after all, but every once in awhile they have their GM go on air to complain about ranked choice voting.

On 10/13/2022 at 3:42 PM, Gavin M. said:

Aside from a few opnionated undertones from Greg --when he was there -- and Rosanna, WNYW's Fox 5 local news itself isn't right wing. Their GM even gave an editorial stating that a moderate democrat should be the next mayor.

Fox the tv network's show line up isn't that conservative either with the exception of "24" perhaps. The only conservative thing about broadcast Fox is anything produced by the Fox News cable channel.

As I've said before there's a really weird branding situation at that network. Once the layman viewer sees Fox they automatically think conservative even though it built a name for itself off non-traditional shows like Married with Children, 90210, Family Guy and The Simpsons.

Edited by iron_lion
  • Like 3