1/6 committee hearings coverage

David Salter JR

13 minutes ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

It was about the same as the list I put out several days ago with some minor tweaks. 

It would be helpful to know which specific O&Os outside DC are NOT airing the hearings like WNYW. It clearly is a statement.  Unlike the other networks their affiliates don’t seem to have a must carry mandate for news special reports. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NowBergen said:

It would be helpful to know which specific O&Os outside DC are NOT airing the hearings like WNYW. It clearly is a statement.  Unlike the other networks their affiliates don’t seem to have a must carry mandate for news special reports. 

Technically, the networks don't have must-carry requirements for special reports when they occur during non-network time.

• Sad 1

On 6/22/2022 at 12:55 PM, NowBergen said:

This is the complete list of FOX stations (O&Os and Affiliates) airing this 

FOX 4 (WFTX) Ft. Myers

FOX 5 (WAGA) [FOX O&O] Atlanta.

FOX 5 (WTTG) [FOX O&O] (took this late) DC

FOX 6 (WITI) [FOX O&O] Milwaukee (didn't air the first 2). 

FOX 7 (KTBC) [FOX O&O] Austin.

FOX 7 (WSVN) Miami

FOX 8 (WGHP) Greensboro

FOX 10 (KIDY) San Angelo

FOX 13 (WHBQ) Memphis

FOX 17 (WXMI) Grand Rapids

FOX 19 (WXIX) Cincinnati

FOX 21 (WHNS) Greenville

FOX 23 (KOKI) Tulsa

FOX 23 (KBSI) Paducah

FOX 29 (WFLX) West Palm Beach

FOX 30 (WFOX) Jacksonville

FOX 32 (WFLD) [FOX O&O] Chicago

FOX 43 (WPMT) Harrisburg

FOX 61 (WTIC) Hartford

If your station isn't on here. It didn't air the coverage. 

On 6/22/2022 at 2:45 PM, David Salter JR said:

Technically, the networks don't have must-carry requirements for special reports when they occur during non-network time.

Yes they do for certain special reports. 

Edited by Kenneth Kissel

On 6/22/2022 at 7:09 PM, Kenneth Kissel said:

This is the complete list of FOX stations (O&Os and Affiliates) airing this 

WITI has consistently aired every hearing, so you can add them to this list.

3 hours ago, David Salter JR said:

Another hearing has been abruptly scheduled for tomorrow afternoon at 1pm Eastern. Assume it will be aired on the 3 major broadcast networks.

And yet even with advance notice, CBS and ABC are like 'yup the soaps are still on' as they have been since COVID news conferences started. I still don't understand why they don't put "TBA" in listings to avoid calls; even the most 'no TV ever' guy knows when soaps air.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

WITI has consistently aired every hearing, so you can add them to this list.

They didn't air the first 2 but I will include them in the list for hearings 3 and 4. 

8 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

And yet even with advance notice, CBS and ABC are like 'yup the soaps are still on' as they have been since COVID news conferences started. I still don't understand why they don't put "TBA" in listings to avoid calls; even the most 'no TV ever' guy knows when soaps air.

To be fair, CBS, ABC, and NBC could move the soaps to Paramount+, Disney+, and Peacock if they wanted too. TBH, I'm actually surprised why the soaps haven't been canceled completely yet, the market is very small for them and many affiliates would want that time for more news anyway. 

Edited by Kenneth Kissel
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

They didn't air the first 2 but I will include them in the list for hearings 3 and 4. 

To be fair, CBS, ABC, and NBC could move the soaps to Paramount+, Disney+, and Peacock if they wanted too. TBH, I'm actually surprised why the soaps haven't been canceled completely yet, the market is very small for them and many affiliates would want that time for more news anyway. 

I’m pretty sure that none of the shows that replaced AMC, OLTL, or ATWT get the ratings of their predecessors. Meanwhile Days of Our Lives’ third Peacock spinoff drops this summer.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Hearing #7 is set for 1pm Eastern today (it was originally scheduled for 10am Eastern). all 3 networks will cover it live (NBC's coverage is optional for stations airing syndicated shows or Days of Our Lives).

There had been a primetime hearing scheduled for Thursday but that has been rescheduled for a later date, it currently isn't known if that hearing will still be in primetime on the new date.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David Salter JR said:

UPDATE: Hearing #7 is set for 1pm Eastern today (it was originally scheduled for 10am Eastern). all 3 networks will cover it live (NBC's coverage is optional for stations airing syndicated shows or Days of Our Lives).

There had been a primetime hearing scheduled for Thursday but that has been rescheduled for a later date, it currently isn't known if that hearing will still be in primetime on the new date.

Many of the NBC Stations moved "Days" to 3 AM or after the hearing concludes. I'm assuming that the number of FOX stations is the same as eariler. I'm also assuming that many PBS stations aren't carrying this. 

There were people on Twitter complaining to local stations  it was interrupting syndicated programming. I posted this in response. 

Edited by Kenneth Kissel
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

Many of the NBC Stations moved "Days" to 3 AM or after the hearing concludes. I'm assuming that the number of FOX stations is the same as eariler. I'm also assuming that many PBS stations aren't carrying this. 

There were people on Twitter complaining to local stations  it was interrupting syndicated programming. I posted this in response. 

They need to understand that the local stations didn't have a say in this (NBC and Fox stations may have due to the way special reports are formatted on those networks). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the 8th (and likely final) hearing has been scheduled for next Thursday in primetime. looking ahead to the network schedules for that evening, everything on the 4 major networks is reruns with the exception of ABC's game shows, so they should be in the clear to broadcast this hearing.

• Thanks 1

On 7/15/2022 at 12:13 PM, David Salter JR said:

the 8th (and likely final) hearing has been scheduled for next Thursday in primetime. looking ahead to the network schedules for that evening, everything on the 4 major networks is reruns with the exception of ABC's game shows, so they should be in the clear to broadcast this hearing.

And except for Big Brother on CBS as they usually do an eviction episode live on Thursday night, and they originally pushed it to Friday because of the hearing, but has pushed it to Sunday night instead.

Just now, tjt24 said:

And except for Big Brother on CBS as they usually do an eviction episode live on Thursday night, and they originally pushed it to Friday because of the hearing, but has pushed it to Sunday night instead.

That should get better ratings on Sunday

• Like 2

Fox has not any decision on coverage on either broadcast or cable. Assume the broadcast side will stick with it's regular schedule (MasterChef, Welcome to Flatch, and Call Me Kat) with Brett and Martha being picked up by any affiliate that wants it. FNC didn't carry the first hearing and likely won't carry this one.

• Sad 1

What it looked like across the News Networks of America. All ABC, NBC, CBS, and PBS Stations aired this.  You can see Fox News Channel, Newsmax, and OAN didn't take the Committee meeting.

These Fox Affilates DID NOT air the Jan 6 Committee Hearing Tonight (when I checked at 8 PM). @David Salter JR @C Block

KTVI St Louis MO
WDAF Kansas City MO
KVVU Las Vegas NV (Airing Local News)
KSWB San Diego CA (Airing Local News)
WJW Cleveland OH
KCIT Amarillo TX
KFOX El Paso TX
WXXV Gulfport MS
KOKH Oklahoma City OK
KFXA Cedar Rapids IA
KBVU Eureka CA
WUTV Buffalo NY
KABB San Antonio TX
WFLX West Palm Beach FL
KDVR Denver CO
KMSS Shreveport LA
WUPW Toledo OH
KTXL Sacramento CA
WGGB Springfield MA
KCYU Yakima WA
WVBT Hampton Roads VA
WBFF Baltimore MD
WRGT Dayton OH
WPGH Pittsburgh PA
WFXG Augusta GA
WXTX Columbus GA
WXIN Indianapolis IN
WTAT Charleston WV
KMPH Fresno CA
WLUK Green Bay WI
WDKY Lexington KY
KSAS Wichita KS

These are the stations I can confirm. There may be more.

ALL Of the FOX Owned and Operated Stations DID play the Special Report Tonight.

Screenshot_20220721-200227_SSTV Smarters Pro v3.jpg

Screenshot_20220721-200316_SSTV Smarters Pro v3.jpg

Screenshot_20220721-200351_SSTV Smarters Pro v3.jpg

Screenshot_20220721-200416_SSTV Smarters Pro v3.jpg

Screenshot_20220721-200502_SSTV Smarters Pro v3.jpg

Screenshot_20220721-200519_SSTV Smarters Pro v3.jpg

Screenshot_20220721-200530_SSTV Smarters Pro v3.jpg

Screenshot_20220721-200549_SSTV Smarters Pro v3.jpg

Screenshot_20220721-200613_SSTV Smarters Pro v3.jpg

Screenshot_20220721-200635_SSTV Smarters Pro v3.jpg

Screenshot_20220721-200645_SSTV Smarters Pro v3.jpg

Screenshot_20220721-200745_SSTV Smarters Pro v3.jpg

Screenshot_20220721-200821_SSTV Smarters Pro v3.jpg

Screenshot_20220721-200843_SSTV Smarters Pro v3.jpg

Screenshot_20220721-200857_SSTV Smarters Pro v3.jpg

Screenshot_20220721-200926_SSTV Smarters Pro v3.jpg

Screenshot_20220721-200937_SSTV Smarters Pro v3.jpg

Screenshot_20220721-201027_SSTV Smarters Pro v3.jpg

Screenshot_20220721-201141_SSTV Smarters Pro v3.jpg

Screenshot_20220721-201502_SSTV Smarters Pro v3.jpg

Screenshot_20220721-201521_SSTV Smarters Pro v3.jpg

Screenshot_20220721-201611_SSTV Smarters Pro v3.jpg

Edited by Kenneth Kissel
  • Like 1

WJZY has aired all the hearings I’m pretty sure, except for the first daytime one which they aired on WMYT.

On 6/17/2022 at 11:24 AM, ActionTV27 said:

I'm surprised @Nelson R. or@Kenneth Kisseldidn't mention it, but WJZY was carrying their own local version of it from the beginning with a political correspondent to provide commentary. I wonder if any other TV stations in the country tried to do anything similar?

Just now seeing this. I’m not sure how they got on the list of the Fox affiliates not carrying the hearings. 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 10:24 AM, ActionTV27 said:

I'm surprised @Nelson R. or@Kenneth Kisseldidn't mention it, but WJZY was carrying their own local version of it from the beginning with a political correspondent to provide commentary. I wonder if any other TV stations in the country tried to do anything similar?

Why is a political correspondent giving commentary? Hasn't local news learned not to emulate cable news? (Oh wait, never mind, they're owned by the same people attempting to do that with their cable network because unbiased programming failed on it).

On 7/21/2022 at 7:53 PM, Kenneth Kissel said:

What it looked like across the News Networks of America. All ABC, NBC, CBS, and PBS Stations aired this.  You can see Fox News Channel, Newsmax, and OAN didn't take the Committee meeting.

KABB San Antonio TX

Not surprised KABB didn't take it, kind of makes sense given that they have WOAI in that duopoly. If people want to watch it, there's an option in that duopoly, and if they want an alternative, because, (surprise!) not everyone cares about politics, it's there. Actually that's kind of why I'm not freaking out as much as a lot of you will when stations don't carry these events, it's on every other channel. I'm all for providing an alternative.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

All of the Fox Stations I put on the list I could confirm were not airing the hearing Thursday night via my IPTV service which has those channels live so I could see it. WJZY (and the other Fox Stations mentioned) were showing the Fox Primetime lineup of Masterchef and others instead of the Special Report or in KVVU or KSWB's case, airing local news. 

Confirm is a strong word for something that isn't true.

WJZY had coverage of the hearings and it was all local and they aired the hearing Thursday night.

It was even on their program guide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

This is unproven. It may have been online  (many Stations did carry it online including Nexstar owned stations) or on WMYT with their own coverage  but I did check all of the FOX Stations mentioned in my list and I can confirm all of them as either carrying Fox's Primetime schedule or local news. WJZY could have jumped in with coverage at 10 PM when they did their news but at 8 PM (when I checked) they were airing Masterchef. 

Unproven? I’m just going to leave this here 

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

Unproven? I’m just going to leave this here 

I have edited the list and removed WJZY from it.  All of the other ones I'm sure are correct unless anyone else can prove otherwise. 

Edited by Kenneth Kissel

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, NowBergen said:

And once again, both WNYW Fox 5 and WWOR My9 in DMA 1 are NOT carrying the hearing.  Nor is Nexstar, oops I mean Mission's PIX11.

Why would PIX carry it? Maybe Nexstar will start a Cut-in or news service for affiliates where they provide special reports for affiliates kinda like FOX does. Why would FOX 5 carry it either. FOX 5 kinda has a right-wing scant to it. Some of the stories and questions they have sound right-wing.

Edited by Gavin M.
  • Sad 1