KDVR on a Temp set begining today with the 4PM newscast.

DENDude

KDVR/KFCT FOX31 is now on the KWGN set starting today with the FOX31 NEWS @4PM.  It's unknown currently how long they will be using the KWGN set.    The studio & set were last updated in Spring of 2019 by Design Group International.      For now it appears this is only an update for the FOX side.  No word on if KWGN will be updated after FOX is finished.  

https://coloradonewscenter.blogspot.com/2022/05/fox31-is-updating-its-news-set.html

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DENDude said:

KDVR/KFCT FOX31 is now on the KWGN set starting today with the FOX31 NEWS @4PM.  It's unknown currently how long they will be using the KWGN set.    The studio & set were last updated in Spring of 2019 by Design Group International.      For now it appears this is only an update for the FOX side.  No word on if KWGN will be updated after FOX is finished.  

https://coloradonewscenter.blogspot.com/2022/05/fox31-is-updating-its-news-set.html

Why Only 3 years. Really Nexstar? BTW, Happy Birthday @DENDude.

Edited by Kenneth Kissel
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The question I have is is this a "refresh" (small modifications) or is this a full replacement.

If its the latter, I find it unusual for a station to replace a set this quickly.

Edited by CircleSeven
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 6:46 PM, Kenneth Kissel said:

Why Only 3 years. Really Nexstar? BTW, Happy Birthday @DENDude.

Thank you for the birthday wishes!  As far as I'm aware it's a full re-do.

On 5/31/2022 at 7:23 PM, CircleSeven said:

The question I have is is this a "refresh" (small modifications) or is this a full replacement.

If its the latter, I find it unusual for a station to replace a set this quickly.

As far as I'm aware It's a full re-do, set to be finished sometime mid to late June.   I believe nexstar wants to maybe have there style for the studio instead of Tribune's style.   That is my guess. 

• Like 2