WMBB new set

The "new set bug" has hit Nexstar's WMBB in Panama City, they are replacing their set that's about a decade old, introduced under Hoak when they were in Widescreen SD.

https://fb.watch/dd2aXDbpMU/

I don't think it was mentioned on here, but WJHG recently got "Gray-Hounded" with their bus-station-like set, similar to the one WABI got, and was discussed about earlier.

Nexstar can easily produce something better.  I'm amazed the set and studio held up after Hurricane Michael since the rest of the station literally had to be rebuilt from the inside out; a process that involved temporary trailers and took over a year.

Edited by tyrannical bastard
Link added

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Anyone want to take a guess what it is before I start posting pictures?

No, I don't have time for that. 😂  (kidding)

https://www.mypanhandle.com/news/local-news/news-13-reveals-new-studio/

I love, um, how they, um, included the "um"s when they quoted Tom Lewis:

“It’s an extensive process this is um a very sophisticated set that we’ve added you know that as long as I’ve been in this business in this area um this is by far the most sophisticated set of any that’s ever been in this market,” News Director Tom Lewis said.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, sanewsguy said:

No, I don't have time for that. 😂  (kidding)

https://www.mypanhandle.com/news/local-news/news-13-reveals-new-studio/

I love, um, how they, um, included the "um"s when they quoted Tom Lewis:

This has to be the most BS thing I've ever heard of in a Nexstar new set story:

News 13 took into account viewer and employee feedback and implemented it into the studio renovation.

No they bleeping didn't! Its just another Nexstar set in a box!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

“Um sophisticated set” is a good set of words to describe it actually. Too bad they edited the article (no fun allowed in that newsroom, I guess.) Of course, the “new and innovative” BS is still there, even though it’s just another pre-fab set that isn’t anything special.

9 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

No they bleeping didn't! Its just another Nexstar set in a box!

To be fair, I’m sure there were plenty of viewers that said “we love your newscasts, but what you guys really need is a desk in the corner of your studio.” /s

Edited by nycnewsjunkie
  • Like 1

What in the hell is "copywrite infirngement"?   He'll be "force to"???   What the heck is a "youir"?  Hard to believe he's a news director... Am I write or what?😆

Edited by RCA TK47
  • Confused 1

Sadly, like most places, Nexstar's "corner set in a box" is worlds better than what the competition has.

I present the "Gray-hound" station over in Panama City Beach....

Pier Park Preps

And as evidenced by their graphics, anything would "bee" better!

So, um...I preesent thee, um next star set in the uh, box.

News 13 reveals new studio | mypanhandle.com

I can only hope and pray that the original version of their article used some kind of auto-transcription from a sound byte, and wasn't actually transcribed that way manually.

Although it would be funny to [sic] it up!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/14/2022 at 5:40 PM, RCA TK47 said:

What in the hell is "copywrite infirngement"?   He'll be "force to"???   What the heck is a "youir"?  Hard to believe he's a news director... Am I write or what?😆

If in fact the ND wrote this, that station is a heap of trouble considering his lack of knowing the right terms, what they mean,  as well as being able to make a coherent sentence.  it seems appropriate a high school student wrote it.

1 hour ago, NowBergen said:

If in fact the ND wrote this, that station is a heap of trouble considering his lack of knowing the right terms, what they mean,  as well as being able to make a coherent sentence.  it seems appropriate a high school student wrote it.

Honestly thought, the joke's on the ND. Nexstar loathes lawsuits and avoids them at all costs. He can try scare tactics like this (and poor ones at that), but Nexstar attorneys aren't going to do anything.

I think I see a pattern here...

Remember FLNewscenter.com? Way back in 2005-ish, someone posted a bunch of WJHG and WMBB opens/intros to their page.

Well, WJHG raised holy hell, and all of the content was pulled off the page due to threats of a lawsuit for copyright infringement....

At that time....their primary anchor AND news director was.....Tom Lewis.