WTRF New Set / Graphics / Logo

padrechuck

I see they’ve taken inspiration from WSPA. And by “taken inspiration” I mean “ripped them right off.”😂

That said, the set looks good for the market the station is in, even if it is just a standard-issue Nexstar set.

Edited by nycnewsjunkie
Comment incomplete, uploaded too early
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, padrechuck said:

I'm going to try and ignore the fact that you linked the video, then still posted MORE THAN 60 SCREENSHOTS UP TO 3 TIMES EACH. Never do that again. It's terribly redundant, and a nightmare for users on a mobile device.

Carry on.

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

Here are some more pictures.  I will have a full video on Wednesday.  It is WKRN's weather graphics with WSPA's logo. 

Screenshot_20220510-120916_Paramount+.jpg

Screenshot_20220510-121002_Paramount+.jpg

Screenshot_20220510-121221_Paramount+.jpg

Screenshot_20220510-121348_Paramount+.jpg

Screenshot_20220510-133238_FANDOM.jpg

14 hours ago, 24994J said:

I'm going to try and ignore the fact that you linked the video, then still posted MORE THAN 60 SCREENSHOTS UP TO 3 TIMES EACH. Never do that again. It's terribly redundant, and a nightmare for users on a mobile device.

Carry on.

Look at it on a computer. It is even worse. 

Edited by Kenneth Kissel

Way too much dead space in that 7-day. Too much emphasis on the accessory text and not enough on the actual temperatures. Either all of those boxes should be filled all the time or made much smaller. The eye is drawn to the emptiness.

• Like 2

Logo wise, WTRF has strayed the furthest from it's days as a Wast Virginia Media station.  I noticed on the weather center glass they kept the same "Storm Tracker" used with the old logo (that carried over from the old WOWK package introduced in the late 90s)

WVNS remained about the same aside from the shading on the logo while WBOY & WOWK are pretty much unchanged logo wise.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, qunewsguy said:

Why does the 7 in their everyday font have more style than the 7 they used for the logo???

The quintessential "7" for TV is the traditional ABC-style circle variety, nothing else can compare.

Honorable mention for the old WMAL/WJLA logo and maybe one of the old KMGH, KIRO or WNAC/WNEV logos.

8 minutes ago, padrechuck said:

I think the new WTRF7 is a flashback or homage to their 1956-1962 logo… Just my opinion

A937FF35-9567-4888-8C1C-C57253EB1B82.jpeg

4FEA18F1-94DE-494F-ABBD-A4FB315EEF4E.jpeg

D3DDAEBD-7469-412A-B808-17EFECFBD841.png

I’m not sure they’re that intentional with some of this logo creation, however it is very similar. IMO, it’s just so generic that the similarities are a coincidence.

That “WV/OH/PA” logo would have been a great legacy logo to revive.

• Like 2