2022 NFL Season

Georgie56

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Wait for it... wait for it...

Same cheap package from two preseasons ago (2019 and 2021), barely distinguishable possession marker and all. In fact, the possession marker is so indistinguishable that it took my camera brightening itself automatically in the last picture for it to even see the marker!

large.93CE3565-6E37-4335-BD79-D5397175AE

large.E714E9D0-7DD6-4BF6-A11F-1DE32E9B22

large.F0C6EF37-816F-4EE8-BF00-9F816C7568

large.A1915E38-214C-4F7D-8E7C-07FEF5F6BB

large.78DB3C92-3968-453B-8CC8-2DB4462D5B

Edited by DJonNews
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, susquvalleywgal said:

Nice theme, even tho I feel this is a HUGE gamble for Amazon Prime ... how many bars will have this on?  lol

-- Matt

They'll have a feed on DirecTV to count on (Good luck to those that have cable? And if you still have Dish and their 750 RTC issues/dumps in 2022 I don't know what to tell your business sense.). And of course if the game is local a regular station will carry it in syndication per NFL rules.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrschimpf said:

They'll have a feed on DirecTV to count on (Good luck to those that have cable? And if you still have Dish and their 750 RTC issues/dumps in 2022 I don't know what to tell your business sense.). And of course if the game is local a regular station will carry it in syndication per NFL rules.

Good points there.  Thanks.

-- Matt 

4 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

I don't think I've seen a list of what local stations will air Thursday night games this season. Like I know the Steelers have a Thursday night game this season, but I have no clue what local station or stations it will air on. 

• Like 1

Impressed by this 'beta test' of Prime's coverage; one of the things they wanted to impress involved streaming syncing and lag in live streaming, and running the game on my Apple TV, another smart TV in another room, and iPad did bear that out; there was no stuttering or sync issue and the video/audio did not vary/fall behind on any of them. I don't know how this will bear out with the local syndicated/DirecTV feed, but there, a success.

And happy with the graphics too; they're not intending to reinvent the wheel with metaverses and AR (yet)...just broadcast a standard NFL game. A good B+ all around, though I do hope they merge in the English/Spanish feeds into one channel by their first game; they did it before with the Fox share and now...they don't?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Viper550 said:

They hired SNF's producer, and he clearly took the old NBC scorebug's aesthetic with him.

More than just the scorebug... the entire show is basically NBC Sunday Night Football on Thursday on Prime. Which is a really good thing for both football fans and the NFL—it uplevels the entire Thursday night game package into something that you'd want to watch week after week, instead of being an afterthought like it was in the Fox/NFL Network eras. The matchups were always crap in those days, and the production matched in quality. I'm sure the Fred Gaudelli/Al Michaels combo has a lot to do with the increase in overall quality, but also I thought Kirk Herbstreit was really great in his first true NFL role. Al makes it look easy, but he and Kirk already had great booth chemistry from the opening minutes of their first game. New music is awesome, too.

The matchups still might stink, but at least the TV will be great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1