Tv In The Virgin Islands

I created this thread so people could post about broadcast TV in the Virgin Islands (US and UK). Months ago, I went to the US Virgin Islands, and I watched some of the TV stations there. I noticed that WSVI had gotten rid of their anchors, replacing them with news clips that have no context most of the time. You can watch them at wsvi.tv and click on the "Channel 8 Live" to see their no-anchor newscasts, which are simulcast on Channel 8 International, the first stream that you will see on that page. 

The impression that I got was that much of the television stations in the Virgin Islands were serving largely as a passthrough for network programming. Yes, there's the One Caribbean Newscasts by Lilly Broadcasting and whatever WSVI was able to provide as news. However, I didn't see anything to the level of St. Thomas' WBNB, which went down with Hurricane Hugo in 1989. Benedek Communications opted to cancel the license instead of rebuilding. 

Archived