2022 MLB Season

Georgie56

With MLB and the Players Association agreeing to a new deal and the lockout ending, this is the place to discuss all the broadcast-related aspects of the season.

Apple is getting an exclusive Friday Night Baseball doubleheader package. 

Peacock will take over the Monday and Wednesday night packages from ESPN.

With the new 12-team playoff format, ESPN will have the new Wild Card Series.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

With MLB and the Players Association agreeing to a new deal and the lockout ending, this is the place to discuss all the broadcast-related aspects of the season.

Apple is getting an exclusive Friday Night Baseball doubleheader package. 

Peacock will take over the Monday and Wednesday night packages from ESPN.

With the new 12-team playoff format, ESPN will have the new Wild Card Series.

Sounds pretty beneficial for ESPN. I'm guessing they wanted to get rid of the Monday/Wednesday games because those were always shared with the RSNs and were non-exclusive. Getting the new Wild Card series as a trade-off ought to bring in a lot more eyeballs for those games. Might actually give them a reason to hype up MLB during a time of year that they're normally only talking about football and basketball.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jornado said:

Anyone know if SNY is continuing their partnership with PIX11 (for the NY market) for the 2022 season? Hoping they are.

Look up the Mets broadcast schedule. That should be clear.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 24994J said:

Look up the Mets broadcast schedule. That should be clear.

Oops. Apologies, my brain is tired. 

Looks like their broadcasting on SNY and multiple RSN's it seems this year. No clue on if SNY and PIX have the agreement still. 

• Like 1

Some have mentioned the prospect of Bob Costas having any involvement with NBC's Peacock broadcasts. I suggested that the door is closed on that, because of the way his exit from the network was handled. After seeing this interview, I maintain that stance, but only because he's beyond that point in his life. While he'd be interested in a reunion with NBC, in some form, he had intended to be in a Brokaw-like emeritus role, by this point. Hosting or calling Sunday morning regular season baseball doesn't sound like the role for somebody with that title.

I believe I've linked this as the full playlist. Great stuff, on the whole, if you're a sports fan, or a fan of Bob's.

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Spring Rubber said:

...or find a better way overall to represent the Cardinals logo.

The STL logo used on their ballcaps would have been the ideal route to go. In fact that's what most networks use in their score bugs as opposed to the uniform logo.

Sportsnet sometimes saves graphics changes for the season opener.

The rollout has been a bit of a mix: the MLB package has had flatter fullscreens/intros that would definitely not look out of place with the new graphics, but some sports (i.e. Raptors and curling) are using only the new L3s/scoreboard and keeping the rest of their packages. Curling is also using the old scoreboard

Edited by Viper550
  • Like 1