WTTV New Set

who?cares

WTTV is on a temporary set. It’s more like random walls decorated with stone, and a couple of newsroom shots. It’ll be interesting to see what Nexstar comes up with. The WTTV studio is SMALL.  Prior to becoming CBS4, Studio B was home to Hoosier Lottery , which was shoved into a conference room. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, who?cares said:

WTTV is on a temporary set. It’s more like random walls decorated with stone, and a couple of newsroom shots. It’ll be interesting to see what Nexstar comes up with. The WTTV studio is SMALL.  Prior to becoming CBS4, Studio B was home to Hoosier Lottery , which was shoved into a conference room. 

They couldn't just get rid of WTTV to someone who wants it? I know that Nexstar kept it and tossed WISH into the bin, but Indy could use some decent ownership.

• Like 1

I'm sure it will be similar to, if not is, what WJZY got. That set design (which started with something similar at KHON) is meant to go in small studio spaces. Then again, only time will tell.

On 3/10/2022 at 9:11 AM, TheSpeedKing said:

They couldn't just get rid of WTTV to someone who wants it? I know that Nexstar kept it and tossed WISH into the bin, but Indy could use some decent ownership.

Lol. You do understand that this is a national trend, right?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Lol. You do understand that this is a national trend, right?

A trend for sure, but with the fact that Sinclair is broke, Nexstar is deliberately lowering the rankings of their stations, and both are over the cap, I think that their stations are ripe for divestment. 90% to the PE vultures, 10% to the networks. 

5 hours ago, TheSpeedKing said:

A trend for sure, but with the fact that Sinclair is broke, Nexstar is deliberately lowering the rankings of their stations, and both are over the cap, I think that their stations are ripe for divestment. 90% to the PE vultures, 10% to the networks. 

Sinclair is a zombie company. When interest rates increase they will collapse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To the person at Nexstar Creative Services who keeps insisting on shoving the desk in the corner: You can stop now. We’ve seen enough.

BDI has done much better work in the past (including the previous WTTV set if I’m not mistaken.) This new set’s a bit of a let down imho, but if it gives them a bit more space, it works. I just wish Nexstar would focus their investments on their stations’ journalistic output instead of throwing money at replacing a set that still looked pretty good.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/5/2022 at 12:51 PM, Greggo said:

The smooshed CBS4 logo behind the desk looks awful. If you’re gonna spend all that money, come on! 

It's supposed to be a timing pylon similar to the one at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. 
It looked cool when they had fake results on it.

But, it just looks weird most of the time.

• Like 1