NewsMax TV

Jman7885

Not a network generally discussed here, but curious on NewsMax TV's schedule. Seems odd to me that most (if not all) the morning/dayside shows have a co-anchor format, but with the exception of the 9am-12pm show the only anchor featured as the 'anchor/host' is the male co-host. The one that makes the least sense is naming the 12pm hour 'John Bachman Now' yet he has a co-anchor?

• 2 months later...
On 5/23/2022 at 11:42 PM, TheRob said:

Greta Van Susteren is leaving Gray Television and joining NewsMax. I know NewsNation wanted her too for The Hill's political show.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/greta-van-susteren-newsmax-1235275722/

Looks like (since I guess we're counting NewsMax as a major cable news outlet now) Greta's been working for all of the big cable outlets (first CNN; all those years with FOX News; that brief stint with MSNBC and now NewsMax) and worked for networks that have been more to the right (FOX and her new gig with NewsMax) and somewhat left of center (MSNBC; think CNN was a bit more to the center when she was working there vs. the last few years)

• Like 2

On 5/28/2022 at 6:46 PM, WAVY 10 Fan said:

(since I guess we're counting NewsMax as a major cable news outlet now)

How many homes does NewsMax reach versus NewsNation?  If NewsMax can pull in five times the numbers that NewsNation is pulling in for their shows....

The question is, how much better would NewsNation be if they gave up and went back to doing Matlock reruns? (as good old Superstation WGN)

Edited by tyrannical bastard

On 6/2/2022 at 9:34 AM, tyrannical bastard said:

How many homes does NewsMax reach versus NewsNation?  If NewsMax can pull in five times the numbers that NewsNation is pulling in for their shows....

The question is, how much better would NewsNation be if they gave up and went back to doing Matlock reruns? (as good old Superstation WGN)

A channel filled with reruns may not work as well in today's age with on-demand streaming. The only ones that do well are the ones that are niche or are available OTA. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
19 hours ago, TheRob said:

Lara Logan went full Q, and that was too much for NewsMax.

Yeah because even they have limits. She a full on white supremacist. They have to protect them advertisers for a network younger than OAN and survived on cable longer then they did tjere a major outlet now.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, TheRob said:

Lara Logan went full Q, and that was too much for NewsMax.

3 hours ago, Gavin M. said:

Yeah because even they have limits. She a full on white supremacist.

How pathetic.

She was once on 60 Minutes.

What a fall from grace if I've ever seen it.

Edited by Action Newsroom
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

Probably money for number 2.

I thought that at first, but I'm not sure it's helpful being too crazy for the crazies. Guessing being a 60 Minutes correspondent pays better than getting kicked off Newsmax.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

1. What did Newsmax think was going to happen?

2. What happened to Lara? What is it that infects the minds of once rational and respected people to fall off such a nonsense cliff?

To answer the first question, Newsmax didn’t seem to care when it initially went on air. At no point did a producer/director decide to pull the plug and go to break when Logan brought up the topic of a “global cabal.” On the contrary, Bolling appeared to encourage her ramblings, and even articulated the sentiments behind the “Great Replacement” theory. The whole segment was nothing but a series of conspiratorial (and arguably overtly racist) claims. Even the lower third graphics seemed to encourage Logan’s BS (ex: “Logan: It’s Good vs. Evil” when she was going on about the End Times). I get the feeling that Newsmax is only now condemning her statements because they gave the game away and got caught.

As for what happened to Lara, I’ve wondered the same about many of my friends and relatives who’ve found sanctuary in the far right/far left (though the far right seems to have received more mainstream acceptance in the GOP than the far left has received among Democrats). I can name people in my own personal life who were otherwise good, decent, and rational, but even they have been seduced into becoming fanatics with a hunger for political violence. They didn’t become like that overnight; it happened over several years.

The quote about fascism coming to America “wrapped in the Flag and carrying the Cross” comes to mind. It’s not because patriotism and religion are always inherently fascist (they aren’t). Rather, it’s that extreme ideologies become palatable and popular by dressing themselves in respectable clothing. They attract people with the familiar, and slowly but surely drag those people towards extremism. I know that sounds overtly political, but I can’t think of another way to explain why so many respectable people have gone off the deep end. The only other answer is that they’re human, and humans are capable of these things. That answer scares the daylights out of me.

Edited by nycnewsjunkie
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Reviving this topic from the dead because DirecTV has officially dropped Newsmax as of yesterday. It did so because of a dispute over carrier fees.

Naturally, Newsmax went and did the same thing as OAN when Verizon dropped them, calling it an act of political censorship and bias, never mind that DirecTV included in their statement that they wanted to "continue to offer the network." Oh, and Newsmax said they're getting "cancelled." Yeah.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/26/media/directv-drops-newsmax/index.html

Edited by DJonNews
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, DJonNews said:

Newsmax said they're getting "cancelled."

Getting "canceled," even though they are literally viewable for free online. 

Meanwhile, they plan on getting rid of that in the next few months and stick to cable. Guess they'll be "canceled" again by then....caused by themselves.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

When Nexstar et al. pulls their channels, no one bats an eye. When an endless conjecture channel gets pulled, it’s the worst affront to democracy and deserves congressional hearings. Puh-lease. If they really were silencing voices, they would’ve blocked AT&T internet customers from accessing Newsmax’s website.
Outrage for the sake of outrage

Edited by froyo49
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

And now, the replacement for Newsmax on DIRECTV: The First. 

https://cordcuttersnews.com/directv-directv-stream-are-adding-a-new-conservative-news-network-the-first-to-their-lineup/

From The Streamable: First TV CEO Christopher Balfe said: “We now have a unique opportunity to broaden our reach without saddling DIRECTV and its customers with any added financial demands.”

Throwing shade at the predecessor I see. 

Edited by NewEgg00