Weigel Launching Story Television Network on March 28, 2022

Route66Fan

Excited to watch World War II in HD in beautiful compressed standard definition 480i. 😂

On a more serious note, glad that History's archive is finding a good broadcast home. As A+E goes even more into reality, these libraries seriously need to be exploited more and air somewhere rather than being stuck in the late night hours.

11 hours ago, 24994J said:

Announcing the channel is fine, but we're not going to be speculating about what stations will carry it. Please.

Sorry, I forgot all about the Speculatron thread, I just wanted to provide something of my own in addition to posting a link to, & quoting, the site. Thanks for the correction anyway.

22 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

Excited to watch World War II in HD in beautiful compressed standard definition 480i. 😂

Yeah, that's going to be a drawback. I wonder if their affiliates will be able to make arrangements with local cable systems to provide HD feeds.

1 minute ago, mre29 said:

Yeah, that's going to be a drawback. I wonder if their affiliates will be able to make arrangements with local cable systems to provide HD feeds.

You act as if cable and broadcast industries have a close and positive relationship, not one based on liquidating the consumer's assets for retransmission fees.

11 hours ago, Yankees4life said:

Eh...there's already a diginet like this in QUEST. I don't see the demand for this but I guess that's one more diginet for cordcutters to watch 🤷‍♂️

I hope you also don't see the demand for the dozens of diginets that re-air old sitcoms, dramas, and movies. MeTV, AntennaTV, Cozi, Retro TV, Decades, GetTV, Movies!, This TV, etc.

I don't have a Tegna-owned station in my area, so I can't get Quest. I do, however, have two Hearst-owned stations, so Xfinity gives us two MeTVs, right next to each other.

14 hours ago, Yankees4life said:

Eh...there's already a diginet like this in QUEST. I don't see the demand for this but I guess that's one more diginet for cordcutters to watch 🤷‍♂️

Quest is more of History's current content direction like "Ax Men", "Ice Road Truckers" and "Shipping Wars", while Story seems to intend to draw from the 1995-05 library more before A&E decided to go all-in on reality. At least with Weigel, they seem to prefer to build networks which draw from niche and broad interests and a solid scheduling strategy, and not just take libraries without real theming.

• 1 month later...

Archived