NBC debuting new SNF/NFL graphics

Georgie56

7 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

From the other thread, here’s the scorebug (h/t informalsky on the Discord)

585D006A-69CB-4AF4-8CC9-C976675C75BB.png

Dang, definitely not a fan of it so far. I was hoping they weren't going to officially replace the current slanted designs they had. This design looks like they are going back to the 2015 look but more modified with darker colors. This feels like more of a step back. 

9 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

From the other thread, here’s the scorebug (h/t informalsky on the Discord)

585D006A-69CB-4AF4-8CC9-C976675C75BB.png

Well just based on this, I'm not a fan. Especially compared to what they're getting rid of it. It's underwhelming and a little disappointing honestly. 

14 hours ago, Wildish said:

They're following the Fox method of making the bug small enough to fit in a vertical tik tok/social media video.

Oh, so that's the whole point of this new design concept. I should have known that everything's about people's stupid vertical videos now...

On 2/11/2022 at 1:33 PM, Wildish said:

They're following the Fox method of making the bug small enough to fit in a vertical tik tok/social media video.

Only works though if the action is centered in the camera frame as well which isn't always the case. I've seen plenty of TV sports highlights repurposed to vertical social videos using the pan and scan method.

2 hours ago, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

It's a good evolution to the 2018 package. I hope this does work its way to the other properties and the RSNs this time around.

Personally, I'll be disappointed should this new package only applies to NFL while the others continue with the 2015 package.

1 hour ago, JCB4TV said:

Personally, I'll be disappointed should this new package only apply to NFL while the others continue with the 2015 package.

Yeah. I do think this will make it's way to at least NASCAR, Notre Dame, their college properties and maybe the RSNs. Big question is whether they apply this to their EPL coverage or do they continue with SkySports package or even develop a new package for Sky and use that.

I like the use of a circle in the score bug. Outside of CBS, circular elements seem like they lost favor. Nor do I mind the score bug's size and position (though maybe I'd prefer it a little smaller). Play clock could maybe be a little bigger or at least bold.

Big fan of the new peacock wipe.

Touchdown graphic is certainly much less obnoxious than FOX or CBS.

Oh, the animation for a flag in the bug is flashy. I like that.

Again to the bug. There's a subtle detail in the down-and-distance showing the direction the team is going.

15 hours ago, MidwestTV said:

I like the use of a circle in the score bug. Outside of CBS, circular elements seem like they lost favor. Nor do I mind the score bug's size and position (though maybe I'd prefer it a little smaller). Play clock could maybe be a little bigger or at least bold.

Big fan of the new peacock wipe.

Touchdown graphic is certainly much less obnoxious than FOX or CBS.

Oh, the animation for a flag in the bug is flashy. I like that.

Again to the bug. There's a subtle detail in the down-and-distance showing the direction the team is going.

The new NFL graphics on NBC are terrific, especially the new score bug (I do like the newer smaller style of the score bug, which doesn't take up a whole lot of the bottom of the screen). Fox and ESPN do use a small style of the score bug, and it's great to see NBC utilize one themselves!

The only quirk I have with the new bug is that the "peacock" logo in the middle of the bug is in a gray color, and the only time the color changes is when a penalty flag is thrown (obviously making the color yellow). I'd rather the usual colors on the small "peacock" in the middle of the score bug; of course, this would complement the usual colorful NBC "peacock" bug in the corner of the screen. NFL games ARE brought to us in living color (and in HD) on NBC, you know!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2022 at 1:54 PM, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

It's a good evolution to the 2018 package. I hope this does work its way to the other properties and the RSNs this time around.

To the surprise of possibly no-one, NBC is still using the 2015 package.

Archived